Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,448 members, 7,888,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? (762 Views)

5.6 Billion Litres Of PMS Imported Into Nigeria In Q2 2019 – NBS / Coal And Limestone Imported Into Nigeria / PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by BestDude: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
Are there websites that sells used Bicycles? I have tried a few US sites and they look expensive for someone to make profit.

Please share if you know.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by itiswellandwell: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2018
BestDude:
Are there websites that sells used Bicycles? I have tried a few US sites and they look expensive for someone to make profit.

Please share if you know.

Go to Agege and talk to a seller there. They will show you the way. It boils down to your manner of approach and thanking them with a monetary value. All the very best.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by BestDude: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
itiswellandwell:

Go to Agege and talk to a seller there. They will show you the way. It boils down to your manner of approach and thanking them with a monetary value. All the very best.
thanks man. So they will show me how they import it right?

Thanks.
Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by itiswellandwell: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
BestDude:
thanks man. So they will show me how they import it right?

Thanks.

Lol. They won't show you how to import it but show you where they buy it and also the rudiments of the business. See, If you want to be importing on your own, you might just ended up importing at high costs compared to buying here. There are very large importers already that there is no way you can meet the quantity they import which makes them sell at cheap prices. Is it not better buying from them and sell quick and make your profit quick than importing and waiting for days and the stress of been on the computer talking to seller, talking to shipping agents, exchange rate wahala and all that. You can save yourself that stress
Come to think of it again, bicycle that you import sef wey be say, na you go come dey fix some parts for here when they land naija and that's what those agege people do, they buy a bike skeleton at a very cheap price and fix the remaining parts themselves and they buy at a very cheaper rate and you buy at an expensive rate and you are still going through same stress with them.

See, I learnt an expensive lesson during the dollar crisis. There is a product I normally buy from Alibaba. Each cost 1250 down to Nigeria including shipping cost. I was surprised when I got to idumota and bought same product for just 200 per piece. Same quality! Look at that huge balance. What happened? I bought from a market that import in containers and not the meagre quantity I do buy from Alibaba hence that great difference. Since then, I have learnt that, if the quality won't supercede what is nearby as that is a selling point and it's cheaper nearby, it's better to buy nearby.

I don't think, there is a different quality you are looking for in those bikes. Even if there is, look within first.

Wish you all the very best.

3 Likes

Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by Othnial: 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
[quote author=itiswellandwell post=71732225]

Lol. They won't show you how to import it but show you where they buy it and also the rudiments of the business. See, If you want to be importing on your own, you might just ended up importing at high costs compared to buying here. There are very large importers already that there is no way you can meet the quantity they import which makes them sell at cheap prices. Is it not better buying from them and sell quick and make your profit quick than importing and waiting for days and the stress of been on the computer talking to seller, talking to shipping agents, exchange rate wahala and all that. You can save yourself that stress
Come to think of it again, bicycle that you import sef wey be say, na you go come dey fix some parts for here when they land naija and that's what those agege people do, they buy a bike skeleton at a very cheap price and fix the remaining parts themselves and they buy at a very cheaper rate and you buy at an expensive rate and you are still going through same stress with them.

See, I learnt an expensive lesson during the dollar crisis. There is a product I normally buy from Alibaba. Each cost 1250 down to Nigeria including shipping cost. I was surprised when I got to idumota and bought same product for just 200 per piece. Same quality! Look at that huge balance. What happened? I bought from a market that import in containers and not the meagre quantity I do buy from Alibaba hence that great difference. Since then, I have learnt that, if the quality won't supercede what is nearby as that is a selling point and it's cheaper nearby, it's better to buy nearby.

I don't think, there is a different quality you are looking for in those bikes. Even if there is, look within first.

Bro I love the way you summarized everything and it is the plain truth. KUDOS
Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by BestDude: 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
itiswellandwell:

okay thanks a lot. well we are buying 200 pcs of the bicycle and that is why I need main source. I am checking 1688.com as Alibaba.com looks expensive and i have seen some going equivalent of $30-$35 per one. what do you think at that price?

I once priced used bicycle last year in my area and they were saying 30k per one. So you see?
Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by itiswellandwell: 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
BestDude:
okay thanks a lot. well we are buying 200 pcs of the bicycle and that is why I need main source. I am checking 1688.com as Alibaba.com looks expensive and i have seen some going equivalent of $30-$35 per one. what do you think at that price?

I once priced used bicycle last year in my area and they were saying 30k per one. So you see?

Go and work on the information I gave you already. Don't wait to be spoonfed. All the very best for the last time.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Do Get Used Bicycles Imported Into Nigeria? by demospain(m): 5:27am On Oct 03, 2018
BestDude:

I am an European base importer of autos and diff items.i have some of the bicycle in my loading that will arrive nextmonth.drop ur whatsapp number for better conversation

(1) (Reply)

Payoriginal Review : Is Payoriginal Legit Or Scam / Longrich Rocks / Join View For View On Whatsapp And Grow Your Status View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.