Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,349 members, 7,971,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:06 AM

Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. (1249 Views)

Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video) / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by Hidemyface: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hello guys, need to sample more opinions.

I want to get a car but my friend advice me to get a car of lower cost(within the range of 1m) in order to get use to Lagos roads and driving but I feel it does not matter. Instead I want to go for a Lexus rx 350 '11.

So what's your take on this?
Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by ugreat(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hidemyface:
Hello guys, need to sample more opinions. Friends advice I use a car of lower cost to get use to Lagos roads and driving but I feel it does not matter to use car I want to get. Plan on getting a Lexus rs 350 '11. Did you practise with any car available before switching to the car of your choice?

Your question is not clear. Maybe you should paraphrase
Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by mammanbawa: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
ugreat:

I think he means is it advisable to go for the rx 350 as a first hand user or he should get a smaller and cheaper car to perfect his driving before going for the SUV?

Op abeg come and buy my Benz

1 Like

Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by Hidemyface: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
ugreat:

Done.
Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by Hidemyface: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
mammanbawa:

I think he means is it advisable to go for the rx 350 as a first hand user or he should get a smaller and cheaper car to perfect his driving before going for the SUV?

Op abeg come and buy my Benz

Yea. That's what I mean. But you no answer the question.
Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by mammanbawa: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hidemyface:

Yea. That's what I mean. But you no answer the question.
The thing is I don't live in Lagos
But from what I've heard and read
The traffic is dense
And there are some bad roads too
The Rx 350 is a 3.5l v6 SUV with good ground clearance so the roads shouldn't be a problem
As a first timer
I won't advise you to get it reason being that it's a premium vehicle and requires premium maintenance
And learning to drive will definitely come with series of mistakes and abuses in some cases

1 Like

Re: Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. by solelymade: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2019
Really it does matter if you use a Lexus RX330( I believe you have budgeting considerations to make, if its a car under 500k not 500-1m,provided it is spare money then you can if you feel you need to because Nigerian used cars after 2-3 users are almost sold as scrap even if you bought it yesterday and need to sell today) if you are high on confidence with driving even though you are fresh at it. Nigerians often make fresh drivers feel its one big challenge to get used to driving. Just be confident and drive, smooth & easy, avoid those Danfo buses, watch out for Okadas and don't struggle with Keke Napep( it was named Keke Napep for a reason).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Up For Quick Sale / Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / Opinions Needed About Car Tracking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.