Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,377 members, 7,950,807 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:41 PM

TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church (950 Views)

The "Black Jesus" Is One Of The False Christs That Would Arise In The Last Days / T.B Joshua Reveals Winner Of 2019 Election / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by KEVIND: 6:58am On Oct 06, 2018
Prophet T.B. Joshua has issued a stinging rebuke to the Church in an impassioned sermon, which has attracted over 70,000 views on YouTube in under one week.

“There has been a great mix-up in the Church,” Joshua stated in the message he preached on Sunday 30th September 2018. “It is the erroneous assumption that spiritual truths can be intellectual perceived,”he continued, stressing that being brought up in a Church background does not equate to ‘knowing Jesus’.

“Many people know about Christ but they don’t know Christ,” he added. “You can read your New Testament and still never find Jesus in it. You can be convinced that Jesus is the Son of God and still never find Jesus. You can be a publisher of the Bible. You can know about Christ dying for you. You can head this or that religious organisation.

You can be the Founder and General Overseer and still never know Jesus of Nazareth in the power of the Holy Ghost.”
According to the cleric, there are “two Christs”in the Church – “the Christ of story and of history and song – the baby Jesus”and “Christ which the Holy Spirit reveals”.

He went further to emphatically emphasise that “if you are reasoned into Christianity, some wise fellow can reason you out of it – unless you know the Holy Spirit… It is either the Holy Spirit or darkness.”

Joshua called congregants to a period of sober reflection about whether they were really Christians or merely “religious people”. “If today is your last day, where are you going,”he sombrely asked.

“If you are serving God without the Holy Spirit, you are serving a god you do not know,” he concluded, adding that this was the “greatest problem”faced by the Church today.

The message, which was titled ‘Knowing Jesus, Knowing The Holy Spirit,’ sparked reactions online from viewers of Joshua’s YouTube channel Emmanuel TV, which is nearing a whopping 1,000,000 subscribers.

“Listening to TB Joshua is like going to Harvard for free,”wrote Linda Atieno, an American. “Please don’t listen to anyone bad mouthing TB Joshua! Come and find for yourself the treasure in Nigeria – someone who will teach you how to grow closer and closer to God.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/t-b-joshua-reveals-the-two-christs-in-the-church/
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by hisgrace090: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2018
Wow!

This is what I call kingdom message. The day church goers will understand this message is the day Christ will begins to reap harvest abundantly.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by Kingosytex(m): 7:17am On Oct 06, 2018
this man really did justice to the this topic

more grace to you prophet TBJ

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by pressplay411(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2018
I hope a lot of Christians will be humble enough to ask themselves "Am I truly a Christian?"
I hope we don't just read and pass as we often do assuming it is a message for unbelievers and not for us saints.

I remember my first testimony as a new born again last year, (having supposedly been a Christian all my life since I was raised in a Christian home), I got to know Jesus Christ not as a Character but as the Word of God. That little unveiling made all the difference to me.
Not that I had not heard that Jesus is the Word, but it became a reality to me.

Truly, I still have to check myself to be sure I truly sure of my standing that I know Jesus Christ as revealed by the Holy Spirit and not as a Character in a bible story book. For truly, every teaching applies to everyone for edification.

May God have Mercy on us all.
God bless us.
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by Shelumiel: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2018
I have always been a strong critic of TB Joshua, but with this piece of revelation, I have to admit that this man is speaking the mind of God .

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by Cozbymaster97(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
I feel like crying and weeping..
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by tinajohn: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
What a message! Let me add my own. You can be a theologian and not know Jesus Christ.

Knowing Christ requires a heart and mind that is still.
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by KingErnesto(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
Many pastors don't know this God. What they know is mammon. They can't hear the Holy spirit or see it. Many only hear about Jesus, Jesus, but have no relationship with him. Christians of our generation need to wake up and seek to know this God better beyond the books n letters.

God is spirit and they that must worship him must do that in spirit and in truth. We live in a generation where u must be certified by men to preach the gospel even if u don't have the HOLY SPIRIT. This was why they hated TB joshua. Paul was a man of revelation. He never knew Jesus from the books, neither was he taught about him, but he began to know about him from his revelations shown to him by the Holy Spirit.

Gal 1.
11.But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
[12] For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2corinth12:1 Paul said " It is not expedient to me doubtless to GLORY, BUT I WILL COME TO VISIONS AND REVELATIONS OF THE LORD JESUS"

Still at that he never stopped yearning to know Jesus more... he said in philippians 3:10 " That I may know him and the power of his ressurection and the fellowship of his suffering..."

This is a generation Isaiah prophesied...
Isaiah 29:13
"Although these people draw near to me with their mouth and honour me with their lips, their heart is far from me and their FEAR OF ME is taught by the PRECEPT of men"

A generation where their knowledge and fear of God is taught by men and it ends there because their hearts are really far from HIM.

John saw Jesus and he called him "The Lamb of God" ...I don't call him the lamb of God because the Bible says he is... I call him that because he Appeared to me as the LAMB OF GOD.... What is the revelatory knowledge u have about him? I'm not gonna rest until I know all about this God.
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by ichuka(m): 1:55am On Oct 07, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have always been a strong critic of TB Joshua, but with this piece of revelation, I have to admit that this man is speaking the mind of God .
Seconded!!
We should always neglect the obvious and focus mainly on the Holy Spirit directive.
Re: TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church by KEVIND: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Shelumiel:
It is clearer now to alot of people.

(1) (Reply)

For Those Of You Atheists / Vanity Upon Vanity. All Is Vanity. We Are Chasing The Wind Says The Philosopher / Questions That Atheist Are Scared Of Answering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.