Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

The World's 50 Best Bars For 2018 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The World's 50 Best Bars For 2018 (251 Views)

� � How To Activate Airtel Double Data For 2018?get In Here / Richest Pastors In The World For 2018 And Their Net Worth (no.1 Is From Nigeria) / Charly Boy Releases Prophecy For 2018 With His Crystal Ball (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World's 50 Best Bars For 2018 by maol27(m): 7:09am On Oct 06, 2018
The World's 50 Best Bars for 2018 Announced: London's Dandelyan Wins Top Spot, Days After Announcing Its Closure.

London’s Dandelyan was named the No. 1 bar at the World’s 50 Best Bars awards—just days after Ryan Chetiyawardana announced via Instagram that his much-acclaimed four-year-old bar is closing. (NB: Dandelyan also won “World’s Best Cocktail Bar” at last year’s Spirited Awards and took second place at last year’s World’s 50 Best, after first entering the list in 2015.)

But fear not. The bar may not be open for much longer, but Chetiyawardana assured everyone that he’s reopening a completely new concept within the same space.

Ryan Chetiyawardana’s Dandelyan, which won first place at this year’s World’s 50 Best bars, is conveniently located inside The Mondrian—and it’s a must-visit for those who love to imbibe.PHOTO: KARLA ALINDAHAO

“It feels fitting on our 4th birthday to kill off our now-eldest venue…” Chetiyawardana said in the Instagram post. “It would be a disservice to these amazing people, and to what we have created together to continue when we think the landscape, and the conversation, has shifted. There’s so much I think we can do, and so much we want to challenge, discuss, and create in this industry that, like with White Lyan, it makes sense to burn it down, start afresh, and rise again as something brighter, shinier, and more fitting of where we’re (all) now at. Happy Birthday you big green beast, it’ll be great to see you different again. And goddamn I wasn’t joking when I said we have a lot on! I really think we’re just hitting our stride, and now it’s time to pull out the real weird stuff. Here’s to keeping it weird. Don’t ask what’s next (although we are keeping the space), please sit tight, and help us usher out the bar we know so many of you love as much as us.”

Now that we’ve gotten that not insignificant announcement out of the way, it’s worth noting that this year’s winners are very much representative of last year’s frontrunners—at least geographically.

1. DANDELYAN (LONDON, UK), also the winner of “Best Bar in Europe”

2. AMERICAN BAR AT THE SAVOY (LONDON, UK)

3. MANHATTAN (SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE), also the winner of “Best Bar in Asia”

4. THE NOMAD (NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, USA), also the winner of “Best Bar in North America”

5. CONNAUGHT BAR (LONDON, UK), also the winner of “Legend of the List”

source and more:

The World's 50 Best Bars for 2018 http://www.sanwomi.com/2018/10/the-world-50-best-bars-for-2018.html

(1) (Reply)

An Adventure Of Ladies / Happy Birthday To Me. / Dark Guys Are No Longer Attractive – Toke Makinwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.