Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,677 members, 7,889,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:06 AM

Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years (2133 Views)

FG Spends N3.42tn In Nine Months / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 1:34am On Apr 20, 2007
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:26am On Apr 20, 2007
Lewa,

Thanks for that link. What I read was really saddening.

I have read several times that the road contractors often abandon projects for months (even years) due of lack of funds. Also, if roads are breaking down soon after they are built or rehabilitated, we must hold the contractors accountable. Some of the roads that Julius Berger built in the 70's are still there for all to see, so the contractors (through the fed ministry of works, of course) should be held liable.

Lots of money has been budgeted for roads and lots of road contracts have been signed, but the money itself never gets released on time for work to progress (by the way, other ministries have the same problem, none release of funds to execute capital projects).

PW Nigeria Limited, for instance, is a reputable road construction company. They have been handling the Ibadan-Ilorin road (dualization) since 2001 and are yet to finish it !!!!!!  All due to non-release of funds.

This to me is the main problem with Obasanjo's administration regarding federal roads. When they finally release funds, it is rainy season (or almost rainy season) and we have to wait for months again to start working on the roads. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 11:59pm On Apr 20, 2007
Well~that is the sad reality on ground;misplaced priorities has always been the bane of our problems!Can you imagine the thousands of lives lost yearly due to these derelict roads?Small things like this counts,however the apologists on this forum would shout at the top of their voice Atiku is a thief~imagine these.Till now none of the past Ministers of Works has been held responsible for the reprehensible road network in Nigeria.Where is EFCC?
Sorry for the digression!
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 7:05am On Apr 22, 2007
which contractor will do a contract giving to him as deal?
the ministries and ministers are not giving contracts based on merits but based on agreements.
a contract of 10 million can be agreed on 1 million so go out there park your machines on the roads and take them back after two weeks and leave everyother thing for us.
an obj administration keeps on commissioning a particular project over and over again.
an obj administration keeps on giving contract on a particular road without asking what happened to the last contract and contratcor. the only time they will ask is when you come to contest especially as an oposition, you will be reminded on an uncompleted contract giving to you in 1979 and as such you will be asked to withdraw or face efcc.
what a shame? who is talking about efcc that has never found IBB guilty till now.
who among us does not have records of bad roads and how many times pdp has through her chieftians given out contratcs for their reconstructions.
the only problem of pdp is atiku, orji uzor kalu and how best to win in all states without asking themselves what they have achieved in their eight years of leadership.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Nov 03, 2007
How far along have the road projects come so far?? Any changes?? Can we see the 299 billion at work yet ??
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 03, 2007
Kobojunkie:

How far along have the road projects come so far?? Any changes?? Can we see the 299 billion at work yet ??

Just a few portholes left.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Nov 03, 2007
You mean the Money is being put to good use already?? WOW, that is new !! Thank God!!
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by almondjoy(f): 1:57am On Nov 03, 2007
Yet these same roads have potholes the sizes of river Niger and Benue combined--swallowing up vehicles and tankers on a daily basis. 

Money that ended up somewhere between Anenih and OBJ pockets. Oh let us not leave out the share for the Police IGs and Superintendents.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Nov 03, 2007
Na you call BBC WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY today they accuse the Police commissioner of being a thief and all @Almond Abi na someone else do that
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 03, 2007
Kobojunkie:

You mean the Money is being put to good use already?? WOW, that is new !! Thank God!!

We just need another N299trillion to fill in those potholes. Its all about painful reforms.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Nov 03, 2007
LMAO!!!! Maybe I should go get a job as a contractor for these governments. I bet I could do a better job than many of the past contractors have done so far. What in the world is going on down there ??
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 03, 2007
Kobojunkie:

LMAO!!!! Maybe I should go get a job as a contractor for these governments. I bet I could do a better job than many of the past contractors have done so far. What in the world is going on down there ??

they are busy repairing roads.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2007
we saw obj's worksheet on these roads but we will see this same worksheet at the end of yar adua's tenure. these same roads will be awarded as contracts and the money will be paid again yet the roads will remain the same.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by presido1: 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2007
chidichris:

we saw obj's worksheet on these roads but we will see this same worksheet at the end of yar adua's tenure. these same roads will be awarded as contracts and the money will be paid again yet the roads will remain the same.
That is our Nigeria for you.What more can we say my poeple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Power, No Infrastructure! Yet Chinese Factories Are Flourishing In Naija / Nigerians Are Moving Money Enmasse To Ghana- The Sanusi Effect! / Removal Of Immunity Clause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.