Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,153 members, 7,887,346 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 AM

Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer (1306 Views)

Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice / A 72 Year Old Man Has Nothing To Offer Nigerians – Dame Jonathan / CNN Doesn't Know Where Nigeria Is? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by BigB11(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
I have nothing but absolute respect for our president and from the bottom of my heart I wish him well.

Goodluck doesn't have much to offer and I wonder how long it will take Nigerians to realize this fact. He can not do much not because he's Stu*pid, but only because he doesn't have the stamina that is necessary to move Nigeria forward during this very difficult period.

I have a complete confidence that Goodluck will not contest the next election.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by debosky(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
So it is the criminal from the cradle called Babangida that has something to offer?

When will you stop your shameless sycophancy? People like you form part of the reason why Babangida still has the guts to speak in public - your encouragement of a thief and killer shows that you are no better yourself.

May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by kehneah: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
debosky:

So it is the criminal from the cradle called Babangida that has something to offer?

When will you stop your shameless sycophancy? People like you form part of the reason why Babangida still has the guts to speak in public - your encouragement of a thief and killer shows that you are no better yourself.

amen
bloody no gooder
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
Who does?
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2010
debosky:

Amen.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Ehoi: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
Goodluck to me seem to have something up his sleeves. He is just bidding his time before he makes his move. He seems to be waiting for after the election when he has at least a four years mandate before he starts to show his hands. In the meantime, he is trying to keep everyone happy by keeping much of the status quo. However I don't think he is the star we are looking for. He is just someone that will push us closer to where we want to be.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by oderemo(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
He is just someone that will push us closer to where we want to
be.

that i even doubt.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by BigB11(m): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
Goodluck will not push us closer to anything, but into the sea; as he's being pushed around by the invisible power that still controls this nation. If you understand how things are done in Nigeria, you'll understand that Goodluck doesn't have what it takes to put us back on the map.

Election is in a few months, and absolutely nothing is being done; we still do not really know 85% of the candidates. The country is currently being operated by blind/greedy group of people and the head has no balls to ask questions or challenge any of these selfish entities in-charge.

What has changed since the death of our former president? Answer is: NOTHING
Goodluck is clearly not what Nigeria needs at this period. And I can assure you that very soon it will become visible to all Nigerians.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
Big B1:

Goodluck will not push us closer to anything, but into the sea; as he's being pushed around by the invisible power that still controls this nation. If you understand how things are done in Nigeria, you'll understand that Goodluck doesn't have what it takes to put us back on the map.

Election is in a few months, and absolutely nothing is being done; we still do not really know 85% of the candidates. The country is currently being operated by blind/greedy group of people and the head has no balls to ask questions or challenge any of these selfish entities in-charge.

Goodluck is clearly not what Nigeria needs at this period. And I can assure you that very soon it will become visible to all Nigerians.

Lol.
85% of the candidate is unknown? how do you come about that figure when we have no idea how many people are contesting?
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by BigB11(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
My Friend, the estimated number of candidates from each party is in place.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by bawomolo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
i guess its time for mamajama to make her appearance
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lol.
85% of the candidate is unknown? how do you come about that figure when we have no idea how many people are contesting?

LOL
The same question I was asking. How do you calculate percentage without a total population?

Meanwhile I also agree that the next President should not be elected on assumption or speculation of any candidate's good intention. Jonathan should defend his records and say clearly where he wants to take the country to if he must be elected, but first he must first clearly state that he wants to run.

But from the look of it, Jonathan seems to be playing the same old tactics of plan nothing, prepare nothing, declare on the eve of election . . . all of which gives unfair advantage to the incumbent. But the danger of this strategy is while it was easy for OBJ and Yar'adua to lead this country on a questionable mandate. It will not be the same for Jonathan. Nobody wants catalysis.

All Jonathan needs to win the next election is to raise the level of politics to a level only the incumbent or a well oiled machine can play. On the face value it will be a progressive policy to make the process more transparent, get people more involved, make votes count, bring our political and electoral process to a world class standard, includes serious of TV debates in the process (yes lets know if the candidates have a clue). But in reality the game would have been raised to a level which only he the incumbent President and a select few can keep up with because of resources. But yet the country will be better for it because when a winner emerges nobody can question result because it is a reflection of the will of the people.

But if Jonathan tries to play this game like it is usually played he will come short. He will either be rigged out or rigged in as a very weak and insecure leader. Either way not good for Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by BigB11(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
In less than 3 months, it will become very clear to Nigerians that Goodluck doesn't have much to offer; the dude is from the same root as the others and absolutely has no stamina to rule this nation accordingly during this very vital period.

He is a good man, but not a natural leader: the only good news is: He knows that Nigeria at this point is a little bit too much for him to handle. He will never contest the next election.
And the sad part is: He will continue to fumble for the next few months as our president, while his wife continues and patiently steal our money do the clean-up process
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by debosky(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
You have the nerve to talk about someone stealing while supporting the greatest thief Nigeria has ever witnessed?

I guess you are nothing but a paid mouthpiece for the gap toothed thief of Minna.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by PapaBrowne(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2010
Big B1:

There hasn't been fuel scarcity since Uncle Joe too over. And fuel sells at 65 naira in every station. Now that might be small, but heck that is something.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by mamagee3(f): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
debosky:

You have the nerve to talk about someone stealing while supporting the greatest thief Nigeria has ever witnessed?

I guess you are nothing but a paid mouthpiece for the gap toothed thief of Minna.
*Death*

People can be two-faced at times, he supports a thief but is against the other thief.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
debosky:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by MrFire: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
I agree with the topic, but I also agree that IBB has far more nothing to offer.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by chuxy12(m): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2010
Jonathan should just concentrate on
1. power
2.electoral reform if has the gut
3.fighting corruption if he really have the gut
and then get out a hero. with this cards intact he would back a hero
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by oderemo(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2010
i think we are expecting too much frm this guy.
he can not give what he hasn't got.
the man will push us only to oblivion.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by naso2(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2010
All of una with una big mouth. Jonathan this, jonathan that. leave the man alone.

propose a better candidate and we will appraise and possibly vote him in. QED
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by sd6: 8:52am On Jul 13, 2010
First of all, i'd like to commend the poster for his insight and also condem those who have disparaged this post; because they're blind and shallow minded and if i read the post correctly, the poster said nothin of ibb. Why then would u numbskulls say he is supportin him? Indeed GEJ has nothin, absolutely nothin to offer. I heard some of u eulogizin him when he came to power but now its clear u all were wrong. Look at the niger delta in a mess: no infrastructural development, the south-east: beacon of insecurity. Nw his concerns are centered on his return. What manner of leadership ineptitude is this?
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by naso2(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2010
sd-6:

First of all, i'd like to commend the poster for his insight and also condem those who have disparaged this post; because they're blind and shallow minded and if i read the post correctly, the poster said nothin of ibb. Why then would u numbskulls say he is supportin him? Indeed GEJ has nothin, absolutely nothin to offer. I heard some of u eulogizin him when he came to power but now its clear u all were wrong. Look at the niger delta in a mess: no infrastructural development, the south-east: beacon of insecurity. Nw his concerns are centered on his return. What manner of leadership ineptitude is this?

And it never occured to you that people criticising the poster might be seeing beyond this thread? and you even had the effrontery to label people dumd?

see some of the previous comments of the poster

IBB is simply the best person to lead this country at this point. Anything else will be the same old story and a complete waste of time.

There will never be a clean or a perfect politician in Nigeria; these folks are all the same and there is nothing ridiculous that IBB has done that no one else in this country (politician or average citizen) hasn't done before.
Do not fool yourselves, there is nobody else at this point in this country that can move this nation forward effectively and efficiently than the one and only IBB, and many politicians in Nigeria clearly know this fact. But we (citizens) are too foolish to see through the light.

IBB still has what it takes to make beautiful things happen quickly in Nigeria. He is determined, he knows exactly how to put the right tools together to elevate this country from the floor to the top. He will do miracle, he will surprise many, he will clean up the past and mold a better future.
Picking anybody else will be nothing but a complete waste of time

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=465279.msg6248920#msg6248920

i hope i answered your question?
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by sd6: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2010
@na-so
i actually responded to this particular post nt being aware of his previous connotations and i thank u 4 alertin me. All the same am presently unconcerned with the pdp candidacy of 2011 but deeply concerned abt the present maladministration by Goodluck jonathan. He needs to step up and take infrastructural development in the nigerdelta seriously
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by naso2(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2010
sd-6:

@na-so
i actually responded to this particular post nt being aware of his previous connotations and i thank u 4 alertin me. All the same am presently unconcerned with the pdp candidacy of 2011[b] but deeply concerned abt the present maladministration by Goodluck jonathan[/b]. He needs to step up and take infrastructural development in the nigerdelta seriously

If you say GEJ needs to step up his game, I will agree with you. But hey maladministration? how?. I think we are making some progress, maybe not as fast as we hoped for, but if anyone expected GEJ to change in 1 yr  what OBJ could not do in 8yrs and UMYA had no clues for in 3 yrs then i cant help but laugh.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2010
na_so:

If you say GEJ needs to step up his game, I will agree with you? But hey maladministration? how?. I think we are making some progress, maybe not as fast as we hoped for, but if anyone expected GEJ to change in 1 yr what OBJ could not do in 8yrs and UMYA had no clues for in 3 yrs then i cant help but laugh.
it's going to be this same old shizz.jonathan may have a personal zeal to make the necessary difference but he's still going to be bind my the pdp manifestoes.if he decided to build all the roads in nigeria and the contract is awarded to a party stalwart,what can he do if not accept his failure in the end.the dilapidated lagos - benin road was awarded for repairs several times during the obj regime and also yardua's but what is the rate of workdone on that road as at date ? Nothing !!!
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by sd6: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2010
@na-so
It is understandably laughable for GEJ to be expected to change in few months because we nigerians are used to protracted administrative inefficiency. Here, the intention, actions and policies are the bones of contention as his swearing in speech and manifesto are a far cry to reality, If really he is committed, we shud have witnessed reasonable changes in the country's policy, political institutions, anti-graft agencies and social and welfare amenities. He'stagnant in actions and full of indecision.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by jamace(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
My friend, OP,  Jonathan may not have much to offer, according to you, but he is sure far far preferable to your daddy IBB.
For the short period Jonathan has been on the scene, petroleum products are available, no more scarcity and long queues. Power supply  too is a bit stable and I'm sure it will be better in the nearest future. The seriousness and zeal of Uncle Jonathan on electoral reform is a sure sign of a better leader than IBB. Within his short stay, international recognition and admiration for Nigeria have grown in leaps and bounds. El-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu who went on self-exile are back to the country and  having a sense of belonging which was hitherto denied them. These are just a few.

That man IBB has no shame. After milking  this country dry  for 8 years, he is still seeking a come back. Does he think Nigeria is his property?

Now, tell me OP, somebody who ruled for 8 years as a military leader who would have used  military autocracy to put things in order, if he was the messiah, plundered Nigerian resources with reckless abandon and still has the guts to eye the presidency, and you are supporting his come back? Are you on his payroll? It is on record that corruption reached its zenith during his reign, with him as the looting generalssimo.

I am sure he is feelng lonely and uncomfortable in his 50 bedroom mansion and looking for people to keep him company. His recklesness has just dawn on him that life is not about what one acquires (illegally for that matter) but  goodwill of those whose lives you touched positively. It is a bitter lesson our leaders  learn, unfortunately they learn this when it is too late to rewind the arm of the clock.

OP, tell your master IBB that the people of Nigeria do not want to see him near ASO ROCK again. He has already squandered the opportunity Allah gave him to serve his people.  Tell him to invite rats, cockroaches and lizards to keep him company in his 50 bedroom mansion. Nonsense!
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by mbulela: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2010
Big B1,
I do not have the time nor the patience to check your post history to confirm what other posters here as insinuating.
Just show your hand, let me and other uninformed persons know what beat you are dancing to.
It is important so we can know if we are having an informed objective discussion or some sycophantic propaganda.
One has to choose how he spends his or her time here, these days.
Oya, show your hand.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by Scream(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
The problem with Nigeria today is that we dont understand what leadership is about, I dont know why we expect much from the President (who wrongly thinks that he should do MUCH). As a free-market economy, he should concentrate in creating an enabling environment ie security of life and properties, uninterupted power supply, empower State Govts and Local Govts to provide basic needs ie true Federalism.
They have tried to do much and have left all undone! grin
Nigerians are hardworking, we only need a little push, we dont want our president to spoon-feed us.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by BigB11(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2010
Big B1,
I do not have the time nor the patience to check your post history to confirm what other posters here as insinuating.
Just show your hand, let me and other uninformed persons know what beat you are dancing to.
It is important so we can know if we are having an informed objective discussion or some sycophantic propaganda.
One has to choose how he spends his or her time here, these days.
Oya, show your hand.

The problem here is very simple: Nigerians in general are not used to anything like this, this is because it isn't common in our societies; it is called loyalty and endurance.
My friends, I need no kick-back to be loyal to my belief.

And God knows that I benefit nothing from IBB; my loyalty to him is simply based on the fact that nobody else can fix this defective vehicle (Nigeria).
Hands down, he has what it takes and he knows exactly what needs to be done to quickly put Nigeria back on the map.  MARK IT DOWN, anybody else at this point will be nothing but a waste of time like the ones we have witnessed so far.

What does my loyalty to IBB got to do with Goodluck not being able to offer much to Nigeria?
Instead of focusing on what I like vs what I dislike, doesn't it make more sense to focus more on the facts on the ground and discover a better strategy to move this nation forward.

My loyalty to IBB shouldn't stop me from identifying what is wrong or way forward. It is still very acceptable in Nigeria for one to support his or her political candidate, regardless of what any f00l thinks.

Just keep in mind that, at this very vital period, if it isn't IBB, absolutely nothing will be done efficiently and effectively; it is that simple.
Re: Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer by debosky(m): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2010
Go and peddle your nonsense elsewhere we won't buy it here.

IBB can solve problems yet he created more than previously existed in Nigeria, stole the country blind and generally destroyed the country.

He is the best person to pick if you want to destroy Nigeria completely - if that is what you are advocating, then he is the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Prosecutor / Apga Will Take Imo: Kema Lost To Chris Anyanwu / South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.