Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,671 members, 7,968,939 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships (686 Views)

Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless / My Ten Year Struggle With Sex Addiction Is Ruining me. / Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by don9ja4: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Let’s face it, everyone wants a soul mate. Empathic people, however, have a unique struggle in this area.

At birth, we started to utilize our emotions, and every single one of us were allotted the same amount. But there were variances, not in the types and quantities of these emotions, but in the way we feel them. For some of us, empathic people to be exact, our emotions react much stronger than others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships.

The empath is someone who understands the unique feelings of another individual. In fact, they feel the emotions as if these were their own, grieving, being jubilant or furious in relation to whatever their friend or loved one is going through. Clear as mud? Nah, it’s pretty simple, actually.

READ MORE

1 Like

Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
FULL STORY grin

Let’s face it, everyone wants a soul mate. Empathic people, however, have a unique struggle in this area.

At birth, we started to utilize our emotions, and every single one of us were allotted the same amount. But there were variances, not in the types and quantities of these emotions, but in the way we feel them. For some of us, empathic people to be exact, our emotions react much stronger than others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships.

The empath is someone who understands the unique feelings of another individual. In fact, they feel the emotions as if these were their own, grieving, being jubilant or furious in relation to whatever their friend or loved one is going through. Clear as mud? Nah, it’s pretty simple, actually.

The empath can sense when something is wrong, even long before their partner is able to sense their own troubles. This is truly a fascinating, almost clairvoyant talent possessed by the empath.

Romance, what’s in the cards for the empath?

Empathic people have a rather difficult time when it comes to romantic relationships. I find it intriguing how two empaths with mental scars get together, for instance, and have a hard time getting past feeling one another’s hidden pains and issues, as with my situation sometimes.

I have literally spent three hours arguing with my empathic counterpart about how I knew something was wrong with him, only to have him say he knew I was upset with him….sigh, the compassion! Trust me, when two get together, it can be an endless “feeling fest”. But I’m not getting sidetracked with that today.

The real issue here is…

Do you want to know why empathic people have unique struggles?  Here are a few examples of why you struggle to build a romantic relationship with your empathic soulmate. Try not to get an emotional sugar rush reading these things.

An empath will scare the crap out of you!

Okay, when I met Mr. Empathy, I was, at first, excited. Then a week later, I was freaking out. An empath, being so sure of what they are feeling, will express these feelings much faster than others. You see, others doubt, they second guess the feelings they have and try to understand them through various circumstances. The empath feels and then proclaims these emotions easily.

When he said he loved me, I thought he had lost his mind. After all, we were only together a week or two. This struggle is real because the empathknows what he is feeling and despite my fears of this strong admission, he has words that are secure in his heart. There is nothing and no one that can change his mind about how he feels. It’s fascinating, but this struggle can end romantic relationships before they even start….well, sometimes.

The empath is moody

A romantic relationship is made difficult by the moodiness of empathic people. Because there are such strong emotions involved with the empath, feelings of anger and happiness will be heightened, sometimes to the point of being out of control. On many occasions, the feelings coursing through the body and mind of the empath won’t even be their own.

They have managed to absorb a bit too much of their loved ones energies. This, in turn, can then be targeted back to the original owner. It seems unfair that blame should fall upon the empath due to their moody demeanor, but unfortunately, this is the case most times.

Inconsistency can cause additional struggles

Empaths really hate it when what you say doesn’t match what you do, or more importantly, what you feel, since empaths pick up on that stuff. So, even though I might be a little confused about my self-categorization, I must be, at least partially empathic because I hate when I have to call “bullshit” on friends and loved ones. I even cut to the chase now-a-days, and look them in the eye and say,

1 Like

Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by kay9(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
LivingFree:
FULL STORY grin

Naughty u. smiley
Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by Bluezy13(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hmmm...

In conclusion, the morale of the writeup is...
Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by Bluezy13(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by Uglymugg: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
Your blog make sense oh. Very simple and clean. Worth reading.
Re: Why Empathic People Struggle With Romantic Relationships by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
kay9:

Naughty u. smiley

lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Couple Died In Yosemite Fall While Taking Selfie, Relative Says / Laparoscopy Surgery In Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt / He Does Not Want To Tie Me Down- What Does He Mean By This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.