Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,295 members, 7,950,516 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? (1379 Views)

DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) / US Police Shoot 18ft Pet Snake As It Strangled Its Owner To Death (Pics) / Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2018
I'm going to be a first time dog owner soon. I like the lhasa apso for their small size, I'm available to give it all the attention it needs. I live in a fenced and gated house, I know it's an indoor dog too.

What do you think? Is it good for first timers?
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2018
And also is it true they can eat normal house food, like indomie, rice, fish, chicken etc? Or its a must they eat formulated dog foods?

How easy is it to potty train them?
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Petfarms(f): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2018
Jackofall:
And also is it true they can eat normal house food, like indomie, rice, fish, chicken etc? Or its a must they eat formulated dog foods?

How easy is it to potty train them?

Yes they eat all the above mentioned.(house foods)! It mostly depends on what you want your dog to eat!
But if the dog is picky it can't be pretty hard to get his/her favorite!
My dogs eat crushed indomie, local Rice, fish, meat, catfish gills, leftover vegetable soup with Little round eba and plenty grin meat,fish,catfish gills etc, depending on the one I have.

It's pretty very easy! Like I feed my dogs( 2 female & 1 Male Lhasa Apso, 2female and one male Shih Tzu, 1 female Eskimo, 2 female terrier) once everyday (@nights) and leave them with the food till morning , then I clean up leftovers.

I make sure My puppies join their mom in eating just immediately after they can see and littlewalk, so they won't have problems with eating or been picky in their various New homes.

I also mix with formula but not very often!
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Petfarms(f): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2018
Jackofall:
I'm going to be a first time dog owner soon. I like the lhasa apso for their small size, I'm available to give it all the attention it needs. I live in a fenced and gated house, I know it's an indoor dog too.

What do you think? Is it good for first timers?

Pretty good idea you got! Lhasa Apsos among many others are my number 1 in terms of an indoor or a home dog.

That's a picture of half of my lovelies.

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
Petfarms:

Pretty good idea you got! Lhasa Apsos among many others are my number 1 in terms of an indoor or a home dog.

That's a picture of half of my lovelies.

Lovely dogs you got. Are you a breeder or just a family guy that loves having dogs around?
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Petfarms(f): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Jackofall:

Lovely dogs you got. Are you a breeder or just a family guy that loves having dogs around?

Yes to the first question! I love having dogs too! But my big sis is more experience than I am , so I follow her lead.

In size I love very big dogs too wink
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Petfarms(f): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
Go to your WhatsApp messenger I just got you a better deal.
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get Lhasa Apso? by Genius20: 1:47am On Nov 06, 2018
Please I want to start breeding dogs, who can sell a matured Lhasa for me, like 1 year +
This is my number please

(1) (Reply)

Freshly Arrived Imported :pug, Dachshund, Toypom, Labrador Nd Cats 4sale / What Breed Of Dog Is This? / Canary Birds For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.