Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,930 members, 7,942,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl (1623 Views)

James Brown Storms Party With Shirtless “Traditionalists” (Photos, Video) / Eniola Badmus And Olamide In White Garment (PHOTO) / Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by WotzupNG: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
Popular movie director, Kunle Afolayan has asked to know why white garment churches and traditionalists in Nigeria love going to the beach for spiritual cleansing.

Kunle Afolayan, who grew up as a white garment church member, stated that he had the opportunity of partaking in such adventures.

Sharing on Instagram, he wrote:

”Growing up, I really wasn’t too certain about religion. Sometimes, I do follow neighbours to Mosque (Ile Keny) especially during fasting period as there surely will be free food and that enabled me learn a few aaya verses in the Quran.

My mother at that time used to pray a lot in Jesus name but she wasn’t much of a church goer because they travel a lot touring my father’s films.

There were times when she handed us over to her friend who lived close by and happened to be attending Cherubim and seraphim church and I remembered vividly that my brother Sina and I joined “Omo ogun Igbala “Salvation Army” at some point and followed a group to Bar beach to pray a few times.

Some of our neighbour in Alagomeji were attending Celestial church of Christ and there was a big Church of the lord Aladura on our street in Alagomeji/sabo. My closeness to the Kalesanwo family also allowed me some adventures to Ori Oke Tabora and a few times at the same Bar beach.

The traditional believers like the Olokun and Yemoja worshipers most times do their Spiritual cleansing at the Beach or sea side.

Is there any corollation with Beach thing?
I want to learn
Ire.”

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/10/kunle-afolayan-white-garment-beach/

Re: Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by Nbote(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
Becos dats d toll gate and entrance of d marine kingdom which is where most of d evil spirits come from...
Re: Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by midehi2(f): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
I wonder ooo, my friend was told to go wash her head with animal blood, tufiakwa! I told her if she tries it, that's the beginning of her problems
Re: Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by SarkinYarki: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
midehi2:
I wonder ooo, my friend was told to go wash her head with animal blood, tufiakwa! I told her if she tries it, that's the beginning of her problems

Chei who give her that kind bad advise
Re: Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by midehi2(f): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Chei who give her that kind bad advise
white garment church na
Re: Why Do White Garment Churches, Traditionalists Do Cleansing At The Beach? – Kunl by itspzpics(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2018
We dont know

(1) (Reply)

Fan Calls actress Orjikwe's child a bastard, she reacts / *RAW UNREFINED PALM KERNEL OIL AVAILABLE IN LAGOS, NIGERIA* / How I Was Served By 6 Waiters After Been Snubbed In A 5-stars Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.