Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,361 members, 7,891,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:39 PM

Should Kidnappers Be Killed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Kidnappers Be Killed (5894 Views)

Poll: Should kidnappers be given death sentence?

Yes: 71% (15 votes)
No: 28% (6 votes)
Indifferent: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / TB Joshua Prophesied That Children Would Be Killed In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Shameful. A woman has lost her child.

For those that did not harm to their victims, I feel that this is unfair.

I dont feel sorry for rogues. I rather feel sorry for their victims.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by debosky(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

That is fantastic news. Hopefully more states will follow suit.

I doubt if killing kidnappers will stem the trend -armed robbers have faced death for years, yet no respite. Killing doesn't address the root cause of the problems.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

I dont feel sorry for rogues. I rather feel sorry for their victims.
A coin has two sides. . . . each side tells a story.

Plz, dont become a judge grin
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by redsun(m): 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2010
We should be dwelling killing the rogue politicians whose actions are breeding kidnappers.kidnapping can only thrive like that in a failed and rogue state.It is one the easiest crime to burst by a legitimate police force and one the hardest to get away with successfully as a criminal.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
redsun:

We should be dwelling killing the rogue politicians whose actions are breeding kidnappers.kidnapping can only thrive like that in a failed and rogue state.It is one the easiest crime to burst by a legitimate police force and one the hardest to get away with successfully as a criminal.
Thank you jare
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by redsun(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you jare

It is like a case of trying to stop looting and maiming in a war zone,a no man's land.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Dark1(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2010
oyb:

^^

you think a sitting head of state rounding up former leaders and executing them is a revolution  cheesy cheesy  you call that people power

actually, its called a purge - stalin did a lot of that in his time, though iit was of his percieved enemies

we had an administration/junta that tried to do just that idiagbon/buhari

and sadly nigerians were very happy to see them go

Call it what you like, its the aftermath that counts. Are Ghanians presently complaining? Note my reference to Ghana, all thats required is an individual (or group of individuals) willing to steer the Nation in the right direction.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2010
redsun
It is like a case of trying to stop looting and maiming in a war zone,a no man's land
GBAM!!! people like oyb still don't understand. . .
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2010
Dark1

Call it what you like, its the aftermath that counts. Are Ghanians presently complaining? Note my reference to Ghana, all thats required is an individual (or group of individuals) willing to steer the Nation in the right direction.
i said somfin like dat 2 in one of my posts. . .it doesn't have 2 be a crowd or a large number of people like what the chinese did.once a person can be at d forefront,dats all. . .
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2010
debosky:

I doubt if killing kidnappers will stem the trend -armed robbers have faced death for years, yet no respite. Killing doesn't address the root cause of the problems.
By that i presume its what other posters have been deemed the politicians. So if it takes 50yrs to breed a new generation of politicians, Nigerians should live in fear that long?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

A coin has two sides. . .  . each side tells a story.

Plz, dont become a judge grin
This is not a matter of being a judge. Its as clear as black and white. It is justice and obtains worldwide apart from Nigeria that is where people want amnesty for all criminals, half-baked justice for kidnappers, etc.

I say it again kill them all for all i care. I wont lose sleep if all kidnappers and their active supporters in Nigeria are executed.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2010
@ Topic yes.

Thats the only way this thing would stop.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2010
debosky:

killing them would forced others to desist from such terrible action.if you wanna know,find out if armed robbey didnt came to level zero when OPC took over from the police and conduct instant jungle justice by themselves.they had information on all potential armed robbers and pick them up at random for execution.most of them fled lagos out fear of being killed.so killing kidnappers would serve as deterent to potential ones.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2010
snowdrops:

By that i presume its what other posters have been deemed the politicians. So if it takes 50yrs to breed a new generation of politicians, Nigerians should live in fear that long?

I wonder. Actually, I'm in a dilemma, on one side, I support that these kidnappers be killed. But, on the other side, I see it as heating their small face with the big hand of the law. Don't get me wrong, these guys didn't just wake up one day and decided that they want to start kidnapping, it is as a result of frustration which the rogues in government has caused them. come to think of it, where did they get their arms & ammunitions? the useless people in power gave them to campaign cause riot when they wanted to get the power.

Now, they've used them to get the power they wanted and abandoned them, they in turn found a way of utilising the ammunition in their hands.(kidnapping or stealing)

My point is if we're not ready to punish those that primarily caused this problem, why attack the less privileged that were used?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2010
@ suggesting a poll

There is a poll now & we can vote, I guess that will make the statistics better.

sorry for not raising it on time. he's too busy
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ Topic yes.

Thats the only way this thing would stop.

That's not the only way, 10 to 20 years imprisonment is another way.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by ChinenyeN(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
Ak4ril:

That's not the only way, 10 to 20 years imprisonment is another way.
That is much more costly. Nigerians can barely feed themselves; the government can barely feed Nigerians. 10 to 20 years imprisonment costs more than Nigeria can pay. Simple public execution satisfies monetary constraints.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
snowdrops:

This is not a matter of being a judge. Its as clear as black and white. It is justice and obtains worldwide apart from Nigeria that is where people want amnesty for all criminals, half-baked justice for kidnappers, etc.

I say it again kill them all for all i care. I wont lose sleep if all kidnappers and their active supporters in Nigeria are executed.
Killing them wont stop them. They'll just employ a more sophisticated way to kidnap.

You cant stop a hungry man from trying to find food. Take bkbabe09 for an example, he once told me of how he wakes up early in the morning to dig through people's trash for food and soda cans.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by jamace(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2010
Should a leader who claimed he built a toilet for N10m be killed?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 11:11am On Jul 15, 2010
jamace:

Should he be killed? well, what I know is that, if he shouldn't be killed, it will be a foul to kill those hungry kidnappers.

Or who's crime is more between them ?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Killing them wont stop them. They'll just employ a more sophisticated way to kidnap.

You cant stop a hungry man from trying to find food. Take bkbabe09 for an example, he once told me of how he wakes up early in the morning to dig through people's trash for food and soda cans.
Then thes system will employ more sophisticated ways to kill them. Besides how can someone already killed arise and start kidnapping again? grin

If they are hungry they should go and farm or push truck. Their problem is not hunger but its one of laziness and greed. Remember those who live by the sword shall surely die by the sword.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
jamace:

Yes. It has reached a time to get tough on corruption as well.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2010
snowdrops:

Then thes system will employ more sophisticated ways to kill them. Besides how can someone already killed arise and start kidnapping again? grin
ROTFLMAO!! You're crazy grin grin

Members of his groups and more addition to the kidnappers group nko? You actually believe this would work?
Has imprisonment stopped the mafia? [the drugs selling gang]

snowdrops:

If they are hungry they should go and farm or push truck. Their problem is not hunger but its one of laziness and greed. Remember those who live by the sword shall surely die by the sword.
A smart woman once told me that there were times farmers could survive on their harvest. That time is gone. And we're not only talking suffering to food when talk about hunger. If na food, I can just steal food from my neighbors farm one night, but humans survive on other stuff. Shelter, medicine, food, money etc etc.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by chiogo(f): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
@topic, yes.

Maybe the rest would learn a lesson from that and stop the act.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
angry
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by chiogo(f): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

angry
The kidnapping thing is getting too much in the Eastern/Southern part of Nigeria especially. You dunno how nerve-racking it is. I'm even scared to go to my village. Until it happens to your loved one, you'll probably not see the intensity of the damage being done by these unrepentant kidnappers. They need to learn a lesson.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by THEAMAKA(f): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
You were the one advocating anarchy to correct perceived societal ills.

Kidnappers no longer discriminate when it comes to their victims. These have included few months old babies to 90 plus great grand parents.

The main drive for kidnapping remains seemingly EASY AND QUICK MONEY and nothing else. This money is not given back to the poor, ill, orphans etc. Rather these hoodlums live an extravagant lifestyles and spend their loot on women, booze and fast cars. How are they different from the politicians they are fighting against?

chiogo:

The kidnapping thing is getting too much in the Eastern/Southern part of Nigeria especially. You dunno how nerve-racking it is. I'm even scared to go to my village. Until it happens to your loved one, you'll probably not see the intensity of the damage being done by these unrepentant kidnappers. They need to learn a lesson.
exactly.
I might be going to visit this Christmas, but my only fear is kidnapping. if not, i would already be making preparations.

@topic
YES THEY SHOULD BE KILLED!!!
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Members of his groups and more addition to the kidnappers group nko? You actually believe this would work?

And here goes your answer.

chiogo:

the rest would learn a lesson from that and stop the act.

Ileke-IdI:

A smart woman once told me that there were times farmers could survive on their harvest. That time is gone. And we're not only talking suffering to food when talk about hunger. If na food, I can just steal food from my neighbors farm one night, but humans survive on other stuff. Shelter, medicine, food, money etc etc.

I say it again greed and quick easy money remain their main drive. If they live according to their means them no go die of longer throat. Not every body should drive a hummer jeep, or live in a duplex, chop suya tdb, or marry agbani.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by ePAYSYSTEM(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2010
These guys have double intentions that are both deadly.
* They demand for money that is outrageous that the second intention is always your fear.
* They Kill the victim as the next option if the first fails.

So the fact that they have killing as an option, they need be killed.

Have you heard of ransom taking?
Its not completely kidnapping but related. They call you on phone and tell you to deposit so so so and so amount at a particular place that could include bank or face death as the price for default.

Kidnappers are in most cases assassins.
My Uncle have been their guest for 3 times. They told him that they were actually sent to kill him but they decided to get more money from him than his enemies. They again went to the other party after they didnt kill him, received money again. It happened 3 times untill they had to tell my uncle to leave town.

Under this mindset, I think I have no option of suggestion except KILL THEM when you catch them, period!
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by beespak7(m): 1:45am On Jul 16, 2010
@ topic
yess ooo including their informants this sh.it has gotten out of control
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by princeonx: 2:39am On Jul 16, 2010
No! why will you want to kill someone for kidnapping? I think they should be buried alive! that's better than shedding blood.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 16, 2010
[size=28pt]NO![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Fashola To Make N506b From Lekki Toll Fees ! / Professor Viola Onwuliri On Okorocha & The Iriji Maise new Yam Festival / 1977: Photo Talk Between GEJ And Mohammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.