Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,075 members, 7,931,693 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:51 AM

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach (7059 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by jorem(m): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2010
This is the great news of the moment, may God be with him and grant him Success in his new assignment. Cheers smiley
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by legba1(m): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2010
@poster,are you sure you dont need glasses or hearing aid,Siasia is heartland coach and not super eagles.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by oisehumen(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2010
legba1:

@poster,are you sure you dont need glasses or hearing aid,Siasia is heartland coach and not super eagles.

Where did you get your own news from again?
Can't you guys give authentic stories backed up with good sources?
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by sirt1(m): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2010
I doubt this News. From the link provided by the poster, the reporter said "baring any last minute hitches, Siasia will be named Super Eagles Coach"

However, if it is true, I wish him well.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by 1988: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2010
so first things first, get rid of those gud 4 nothings called super chickens and bring on the flying eagles and golden eaglets
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by surugede(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2010
legba1:

Siasia is in Nnewi preparing Hartland of Owerri for their champions league game. he is thier new gaffer, ben Iroha confirmed this this morning

sir t:

I doubt this News. From the link provided by the poster, the reporter said "baring any last minute hitches, Siasia will be named Super Eagles Coach"

However, if it is true, I wish him well.

my broda tell them Maybe they will have to go back and read the article again
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2010
Why we engaged Siasia, Ohakim
Sports Jul 13, 2010 Share | By Chidi Nkwopara, Owerri
With the poor performance of  Heartland Football Club of Owerri in the league, last season and the consequent sacking of the coaches, the Imo state government recently unveiled the newly hired coach, Samson Siasia.

Siasia
Presenting the new hand at the Heartland FC to the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, Imo State Chapter, the Chief of Staff, Sir Emma Ohakim opined that the government attached premier importance to the football club.

According to him, the governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim expected the team to move beyond immediate aspirations and ascend to higher levels.
To this end, Ohakim said the state government had invested a fortune in the team and wanted nothing but the best for the team. “That informed the need to engage a tested hand in the person of the ex- international Samson Siasia to manage the team,” he stressed.

He described coach Siasia as reliable and first rate, adding. “he is a resourceful hand who would beef up the technical needs of the club and probably win the CAF trophy for the state this time.”

He however enjoined Imo citizens to come out and cheer the Heartlanders on Sunday 18th of July in their match against Al Alhy of Egypt at the Dan Anyiam Stadium.

Chairman of the club, Engr. Ignatius Okeahialam said the management would continue to do their best  in administering the club in order to achieve set target.He enjoined Nigerians to come out enmass to support the Owerri club because they were representing Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/13/why-we-engaged-siasia-ohakim/

Please refer.

Siasia isnt the eagles coach and even if he were, I dont think he has the pedigree to handle our senior team.

Westerhoff is still in Nigeria, I think we should seek his help, afterall we depended on his boys for over 15years the last of them (KANU) just retired after this worldcup.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by flexinet: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2010
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by zenus(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2010
Nice move
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by icezik1(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2010
Let's not speculate! I thought Lagerback was gonna remain the coach! This news about Siaisa is fake!
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2010
Siasia will be a bad Idea.

It will just mean that the NFA still dont know what they are doing.
Remember that the sacking of Amodu and the subsequent hiring of Largerback was as a result of the clamouring of Nigeria for a foreign coach who basically did not do better than Amodu (cos I dont think Amodu could have been worse).

Siasia I respect as a coach, but is he ready to handle the national team?? I say NO!!
I still say Clement Westerhoff should be involved with the raising of the new eagles in some way. He is still here in the country and we might as well use his services even if it is in an advisory capacity.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by oisehumen(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2010
Okija_juju:

Remember that the sacking of Amodu and the subsequent hiring of Largerback was as a result of the clamouring of Nigeria for a foreign coach who basically did not do better than Amodu (cos I dont think Amodu could have been worse).

Siasia I respect as a coach, but is he ready to handle the national team?? I say NO!!
I still say Clement Westerhoff should be involved with the raising of the new eagles in some way. He is still here in the country and we might as well use his services even if it is in an advisory capacity.  

Highly supported. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by bisiaet: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2010
It is a welcome decision, nice one indeed but they should let Lagerback exit with immediate effect.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 14, 2010
News still to be confirmed.I seriously doubt the present NFA board will give him the job just like that.
@okija,
I think his record with the age-grade set-up only confirms that the progression to SE coach be natural.
I understand your sceptism,but truth is,it's about time he handled the senior national side.
We need to view the national team with long-term spectacles.Siasia will rebuild the team over time.His records in that area speaks for itself.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Okijajuju1(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2010
I hope he dosent dash your hopes.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2010
^^^^^
Siasia should be able to build a national team from the scratch.If his exploits in Beijing and Holland are anything to go by,I am very confident he will do a good job barring any unforseen screw-ups from the NFF/NFA.
You haven't said why you think he will fail,by the way.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by mrofficial(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2010
Better than having Amodu as SE coach.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by chealbaby: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
is that the solution to the football issues in Nigerian?
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by babaowo: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2010
hmmmmm glass houseeeeeeeee
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by JUO(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2010
good news if is real
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Meldrick(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2010
The news is fake

SIASIA will certainly not work magic. I trust you all on NL. If he is given an opportunity, after 2 or 3 matches, you will all be screaming SIASIA must go.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by BabaO2: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2010
Quote from: Okija_juju on Today at 10:18:39 AM

Highly supported. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

You guys are too dull. wester gini ?
it took westerhoff over 5 years to achieve his poor runs, all his results were equally achieved by indigenous coaches. who and who did westerhoff discover?. The only thing he was doing then was selling the boys to europe, and feeding fat on the boys.
Go and find out his achievements in zimbabwe, nada he did, he was disgracefully discharged out of duty.
Anyway, you guys are easily gullible because of his strong and passionate press interviews.

Siasia is the right man for the job at the moment, go and watch olympics final Nigeria v Argentina.  The guy is 100% better than largerback+westerhoff.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by maxtop(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
Never heard abt it though but will confirm,
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Exponental(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2010
i wish this was done before lagerbeer took 9ja to world cup.
from his name,
LAG[/b]er [b]BACK, LAG means backward/ behind , BEHIND + BACK = LAST, that was why 9ja is LAST in the group.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by omamokta: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2010
sounds too good to be true
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by 006(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2010
News of the Year!
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by xterra2(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2010
Even though it is true
Siasia is not good remember the U-20 or was it U-21 hosted last year in Egypt They did Rubbish
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by 006(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2010
xterra2:

Even though it is true
Siasia is not good remember the U-20 or was it U-21 hosted last year in Egypt They did Rubbish

Even Mourinho failed sometimes.
Siasia has 2 finals (world) to his resume, tell me any other coach in Nigeria or those Oyibo we've hired with millions that can boast of that.
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by truly: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
006:

Even Mourinho failed sometimes.
Siasia has 2 finals (world) to his resume, tell me any other coach in Nigeria or those Oyibo we've hired with millions that can boast of that.
Sebastian Brodericks Imasuen appeared in two (2) consecutive World U-17 finals and won the maiden edition in China 1985
He lost to Russia in the finals in canada in 1987
This record is better than Sia Sia
The team was technically robbed
That victory of 1985 is the cause of having a street named Fatai Atere way in Oshodi

Fanny Amu (1993) and Tella (2007) and have also both won the world u17 cup

As far as I am concerned, I am looking for an opportunity for the final demystification of Sia Sia
Leading 2-1
Against a team with 10men
at 65minutes
and losing 2-3 by 92nd minutes is not a sign of competence
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
xterra2:

Even though it is true

Do you remember how poorly they prepared for that tournament, no thanks to those f[i]o[/i]ols called NFF, and how Siasia had to quickly draft some fresh legs to the team before they jetted out to Egypt? People don't consider the circumstances that led to 'faliures' they just expect magic all the time but if you fail to plan you have already planned to fail so you should just keep quiet and make sure that you learn from your mistake BUT not in Nigeria. Fans are guilty too
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by Princek12(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
xterra2:

Even though it is true

What about the Beijing Olympics and the 2005 U-20 World Cup?
Re: Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach by candylips(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2010
how true is this story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marcus Alonso And 4 Other Footballers That Have Killed Someone Before / Week10 2018/2019 English Season Football Pools Coupon Fixtures / Week 22 Sure Bankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.