Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,840 members, 7,898,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

What Are We Here For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are We Here For? (279 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are We Here For? by TLoveFoundation: 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2018

I had legos while growing up.
I could build anything and destroy whenever I wanted.
I could build cities and have citizens.
I could buy other forms of legos and infuse them to the old ones.

Little did I know how God worked by then.
I'd never read the Holy Bible or got the understanding of the person of God the Creator.

As I grew older, I got to see diverse people, with diverse abilities, destinies and opportunities.
Some lived to old age, some died early and younf. Some were rich, some were poor. Some could sing, song could draw.
Some knew God and acknowledged Him, some rejected Him and ridiculed Him. While others outrightly denied His existence.

It was sad to know that people believed that they came from a bang and were moving into nothingness after this world. If after many years I could still read about Shakespeare and Pluto, Oba Ewuare and King Jaja of Opobo. If I could still hear of new creatures discovered inside the oceans and birds discovered just recently. If I could hold a 100 dollar bill and see in God we trust and hear the phrase O God of Creation in the Nigerian anthem of old.
Then I wondered why anyone would would choose not to worship God Almighty or believe in God?

By 1996 while discovering the world of charity, I had an encounter with the God of love. I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ in 1998 and asked that in 9 years from my commencement of works of charity to 2005, I be given a picture of the name, mission, vision and purpose of what I did once every year in different places and what am I here for? Couldn't I just continue my works of charity as an individual as I did from 1996 to 2004?
Was God really sending me on this path?
Would this NGO be a determinant of my life and of my identity?

Many years up the road, I look back and I say, a way may seem right to a man but the end is destruction (may that not be my portion). But if I have missed it in any way, I ask God to redirect and guide me, to send His builder and servant. As David gathered and Solomon built, I ask God that my work, effort, gathering and establishing will not be in vain. The way is right! Thank God.

I am comforted by the fact that Jesus says, he that is for us cannot be against us. Anyone who preaches in His name cannot be against His mission.
I take joy even if it is one soul won, one body clothed, one person helped, one spirit lifted or one mind influenced for good.

The love of God is far greater than any mission or vision, any name or establishment, any effort or years of toiling.
The love of God is above all.

Then came 2005, on exactly January 1st, the journey began to the ministry of Tina Love Foundation (TLF) which initially was Tina C(law) Foundation.
With several other NGOs, Charities, Foundations, Ministries, Bodies and Agencies already in place doing what I set out to do, I'd to address the question of, what am I here for?
I make bold to answer as flesh and blood have not revealed it to me-
To be used by God!
I could use my legos at will! I could do whatever I wanted. They were inanimate and had no will.
But for God, all things are for His pleasure, they were and are created for that. He is worthy to be praised, honoured and glorified.
Why will God make me and give me the gift of dancing, speaking, reading, repairing, crafting, manufacturing, thinking, singing, joking, treating, defending, diagnosing, walking, running, interpreting, teaching, prophesying, preaching, counting, and many other abilities born with or developed, if not for His good purpose?
We are made for God, for God.
All we do must be for God and by God.
The freewill that differentiates us from legos is just a little higher gift meant to mark us as those singularly created in His image and likeness.
The God Who made you and I and called us to our specific purposes has a plan for our good and to bring us to a future of hope, not destruction and death.

Welcome to our purpose, welcome to Tina Love Foundation (TLF)
Join us on -
Twitter- @Tlovefoundation
Blog- www.tinalovefoundation..com
Facebook- Facebook.com/TinaLoveFoundation
Whatsapp- 08098598075
LinkedIn - Tina Love Foundation
Email- tinalovefoundation@gmail.com
And now...
Nairaland- TLoveFoundation

The ultimate law is love... Romans 13:10

On Nairaland we will be posting on our activities, our mission and vision.
We e would also make contributions from the stand point of the collective NGO.
Know that we are an Incorporated Trustee so our liabilities are limited to the NGO so also our benefits.

GOD LOVES YOU

Fajana says, the richest wealth is health and wisdom. The strongest weapon is patience. The best security is faith. The greatest tonic is laughter, and the greatest force is love. Surprisingly all are free.

Re: What Are We Here For? by Primesky(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
We are here to give God pleasure. He made us as objects of His love. We were made to respond to his delight.

See how young people find delight in their smart phones?. They bought them for their pleasure and purpose.

But what happens when these phones fail to function as expected?. Disappointment sets in. Are you giving God pleasure or are you a disappointment?.

1 Like

Re: What Are We Here For? by 0temSapien: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
what we are here for is different from what the people of many centuries ago were here for. In the past, say a thousand years ago, some people were here to uphold the status of the gods such as Allah, Olorun, Eshu, Abassi, Odin, Yahweh, Enlil, Enki, Vishnu, Ra, etc. They even lifted these gods to the position of GOd Almighty erroneously. But at the present time, we are here to discover what is GOD the creator of Allah,Olorun, Yahweh and the rest of the aforementioned gods.
However, many people are still unaware of their purpose on earth, so they still continue with the worship of the gods. Take for example, people still worship Yahweh, despite the fact that he is currently in a spiritual prison.

The BOOK OF TRUTH said that the christian religion(even Islam) will only survive because of the presence of foolish people on earth. Aer you one of the foolsih ones or you are among the wise?

Common Era 23:21
21. The presence of foolish people will sustain christianity, but wisdom will separate many from it.

(1) (Reply)

A Broken And Contrite Heart / Interesting Bible Story - God Humbles The Proud Heart Of Nebuchadnezzar / The Spirit Of Chanyuan Celestials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.