Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,224 members, 7,887,602 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:11 AM

Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi (16066 Views)

Shutting Down National Grid Is Criminal, Police Warn Protesters / Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari / Local Government Funds: Shehu Sani Advises Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Ikpongiton: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
you're saying this in the north,where the truth is prohibited.we're waiting to see you dethroned
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by paix(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
The country is sponsoring religious pilgrimages that don't promote peaceful coexistence. When her vast majority of the people don't have access to basic necessities of life. What a misnomer.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by dermmy(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
HigherEd:
It really makes no sense, an underveloped country pouring money into Saudi's coffers. The stupidity has also inspired Christians to start requesting for state sponsored pilgrimmage - thereby adding money into the economy of three developed Nations -Saudi, Italy and Isreal.

Those three nations have used religion to better their own economies while Africa keeps languishing. The least thing Organized religion can do is to bring religious tourist into the country like the SCOAN guy but instead we keep running across the globe looking for what is not missing. As for Christians Jesus is in heaven, the Holy Spirit is in you, stop courting state funds for unneeded trips. As for Muslims Hajj has not bettered anyone's life you would still come back to Nigeria with all your troubles waiting for you - that is if you don't die running from something that is not chasing you.

Truth. I hail o
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by movetoca: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
They waste billions every year to send people to fvcking middle East just to go and see where their so called religions was imported from. I will never spend N1 to sponsor anybody to Jerusalem or Saudi Arabia. If you want to go and stone the devil or baptize your self,then go with your own resources . We have alot of things to fix in this damn country but they channel it into rubbish religious trips. Shiiiit
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by movetoca: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
PHIPEX:
This is the most refined emir Nigeria ever had. The Sultan hardly makes these kinds of far reaching statements of change. The north has remained static in illiteracy and the people that should make the change are all mute. They will rather spend billions in Ramadan rams than education.

Why are we spending our little resources to make Saudi Arabia and Israel richer?
This is why i'm going to tax religious houses heavily. For a country without good hospitals spending millions of dollars every year to go to middle East is not just a crime but wickedness. I'm not against anybody from going there but go with your own resources.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by sleek214(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
yes i agree, thats how one idiot jnown as mr. nze in minister's office in ministry of foreign affairs is busy short changing people's names wuth his family and friends. govt should stop it fast. mr.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by tyeenigga(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
I concur sir, Lagos stopped sponsoring pilgrims and they are saving billions. Some people will prefer to go for pilgrimage than for them to collect the money and establish Der children. If you have the money on your own pls go
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
Magichand:

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/sponsoring-pilgrims-with-governments-funds-is-criminal-emir-of-kano-sanusi/

Hahaha.... @ friendng aka Jafaar Jafaar, Sanusi, your friend, and crush father, has started talking again o.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Nobelwinner: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Where were you all these years!
It’s about time we stopped using public funds to enrich the economies of Israel, Italy, and Saudi Arabia.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by chiol: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

PDP have captured NASS, a PDP led FG will ensure a harmonious working relations between both arms of govt. The momentum will now serve as a leverage to rejuvenate the adoption and implementation of the CONFAB report.
My friend join me let's ATIKULATE for a better Nigeria

For your mind, you have captured NASS. The crises witnessed in the NASS was just for 2019 individual ambitions. Now the primaries are over, Saraki, Kwankwaso, etc are back to their base.

They would rather work for Buhari in order to give the presidency a trial in the next four years than supporting Atiku and wait for eight years.

Didn't you notice how Saraki just passed all the bills he has been sitting on within two sittings? Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by chiol: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

PDP has already captured the NA, all we need now is a PDP president in the person of ATIKU to give it a final push.It can only work when both arms of govt agree

So my dear friend, join me and Atikulate

Keep dreaming! Ndi ara
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Carlyscales: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
chiol:

For your mind, you have captured NASS. The crises witnessed in the NASS was just for 2019 individual ambitions. Now the primaries are over, Saraki, Kwankwaso, etc are back to their base.

They would rather work for Buhari in order to give the presidency a trial in the next four years than supporting Atiku and wait for eight years.

Didn't you notice how Saraki just passed all the bills he has been sitting on within two sittings? Keep deceiving yourself
U never see anything yet,

Una change n progress e don do us joor

#Atikulated kawaii

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Dex4(m): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
It's only God that can bless this man. He remains everly upright to the point of saying the fact even when it concerns his religion.

I'm sure the people leading us are either deaf or just plain idiots!
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by osazeeblue01: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Akinz0126(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
And the same gvt can not pay the worker their salaries on a regular basis is our government not wonderful?
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by amaben2020(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Religion is a huge fraud. Imagine there's no heaven, hell, devil or God, what a peaceful place the world would be
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Friend01(m): 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
osuofia2:
God bless the emir of Kano, this is the biggest truth to come out of the mouth of a Nigerian, sponsoring Pilgrimage is the biggest scam ever by the arabs and jews. our common wealth that is not enough yet we are given to them that had xcess

It is either you did not comprehend what the emir said or you are simply being mischievous.
Read what the Emir said again and stop being loquacious.
No Arab or Jew enslaved you with religion.
And religion has never being our problem, but our stupidity and laziness to understand the scriptures properly.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Friend01(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
HigherEd:
It really makes no sense, an underveloped country pouring money into Saudi's coffers. The stupidity has also inspired Christians to start requesting for state sponsored pilgrimmage - thereby adding money into the economy of three developed Nations -Saudi, Italy and Isreal.

Those three nations have used religion to better their own economies while Africa keeps languishing. The least thing Organized religion can do is to bring religious tourist into the country like the SCOAN guy but instead we keep running across the globe looking for what is not missing. As for Christians Jesus is in heaven, the Holy Spirit is in you, stop courting state funds for unneeded trips. As for Muslims Hajj has not bettered anyone's life you would still come back to Nigeria with all your troubles waiting for you - that is if you don't die running from something that is not chasing you.

Truth, but going to hajj is a pillar in Islaam clearly recommended for those who can afford it not by government sponsorship which Emir clearly stated.
Hajj has bettered people who go there with the right intention not for marabout or political prayer like what you see these politicians do.
In Christianity pilgrimage it is not recorded anywhere in the bible or a recommended act in the bible.
Christians are just copying Muslims on this aspect to get even with Muslims nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Afamed: 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Yes, I believe in Atiku
He is Atikulative
Someone that will restructure Nigeria will not bribe his way N42b to have the delegates by his side.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by osuofia2(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
Friend01:

It is either you did not comprehend what the emir said or you are simply being mischievous.
Read what the Emir said again and stop being loquacious.
No Arab or Jew enslaved you with religion.
And religion has never being our problem, but our stupidity and laziness to understand the scriptures properly.
Lies, religion is the biggest Nigerian problem... Take away religion and see how better we become... Tell me the benefit of govt sponsored pilgrims to our GDP as a nation,
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Justinah4real(f): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
NaijaOlosho:
Thank you sir
Buhari should be impeached and jailed
Buhari is a criminal

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by HomeOfMe(f): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
HigherEd:

Sponsoring of Muslim pilgrims with the country's money started since the 80s in Nigeria. They're still doing it some codedly,some openly. The Christians too have joined not too long.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Afamed:

Someone that will restructure Nigeria will not bribe his way N42b to have the delegates by his side.

Bro, no Nigerian politician is free of corruption not even Buhari himself. As long as he can deliver, even if he is caught robbing world bank,I will vote for him

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
chiol:

Keep dreaming! Ndi ara

Lol, e pain you
Shift one side joor
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by slowice(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
If you want to know how poor the standard of education is in the north ask those who served there and you will surely be amazed.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Friend01(m): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
osuofia2:

Lies, religion is the biggest Nigerian problem... Take away religion and see how better we become... Tell me the benefit of govt sponsored pilgrims to our GDP as a nation,

Still not getting it.
Religion has never encouraged anybody to be foolish.
Even those who were the callers to religion i.e the prophets were not foolish or lazy to think when doing their duty.

Pilgrimage to Makkah has added to our GDP by you increase in flight to and fro KSA by Muslims for Hajj if you care to find out .

Note here, my argument is against government sponsored pilgrimage not individuals who can afford like the Emir said.
Using government money for pilgrimage is inherently haraam(impermissible) according to Islaam.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by mechanics(m): 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
True talk, I love the way he talks, he never hide the truth.
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by omohayek: 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

PDP have captured NASS, a PDP led FG will ensure a harmonious working relations between both arms of govt. The momentum will now serve as a leverage to rejuvenate the adoption and implementation of the CONFAB report.
My friend join me let's ATIKULATE for a better Nigeria
You mean just like the "harmonious working relations" that existed between an APC-led FG and an APC-dominated NASS? All you're doing here is engaging in self-delusion; if the members of the NASS thought it in their interest to push forward on restructuring, they would have done so with or without Buhari's blessing, and if anything, Buhari's refusing to sign a restructuring bill would have given them powerful ammunition to use against him come 2019, so why didn't they do any such thing?

The answer is simple: because restructuring isn't in the interest of most NASS members, the vast majority of whom come from states which would be much worse off financially if restructuring ever come to pass.

Even if all of Atiku's "restructuring" talk turns out to be sincere and not just meant to sway the gullible into voting for him, there is only so much he'll be able to do to turn his words into reality, given the limits of presidential power and the self-interest of the NASS members. For most of them, "restructuring" would be political suicide, so they'll never lift a finger to help make it happen, no matter how much lecturing they receive from any president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by Splasshhh(f): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Please seey signature

U can do more with that mobile app
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by bewla(m): 5:11am On Oct 13, 2018
velocity25:
until we restructure this country will never move forward.may I dedicate my FTC to H.E Atiku #JoinMeInAtikulating
Yea he is crying restructure he will get is chance 2019 will c if he gets the bowls to pull the plug wonderful lies
Re: Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi by MPESA(m): 12:30am On Dec 03, 2018
Nobelwinner:
Where were you all these years!
It’s about time we stopped using public funds to enrich the economies of Israel, Italy, and Saudi Arabia.

Sir i noticed that you tried sending me pm hope theirs no problem Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court / Court Rejects Ramalan Yero's Application For Return Of International Passport / Governor Abiodun Posts Lawyers To Police Stations To Curb Illegal Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.