Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,947 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:46 AM

Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph (35193 Views)

Wike Is Set To Broker Obi-Kwankwaso Ticket On LP - New Telegraph / SW Leaders Put Pressure On Osinbajo To Step Down For Tinubu / Buhari VS Atiku: How States Will Vote - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by deleo16(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2018
I still wonder why people believe that pastors should not involve in politics they want them to be remain inside church to become a diety and keep mute so evil people will continue to rule one way or the other this thing affect him and even his member if he doesn't speak up prayer alone can't solve this issue watch and learn who controls this pillars?EVIL OR GOOD
-business
-religion
-Govt
-Media
-Education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbGnJd9poc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhRwr7p_8M8
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Splasshhh(f): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2018
grin
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by emmasege: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2018
Bar1941:

Those that are calling you political novice could be right afterall, for you to have downgraded what impact OBJ can have that much, remember in 1999 he was not voted for un most Southwest states yet he emerged the president. Atiku and others that are going to him are veterans in the game, if he's not useful they wount waste their time on him, even as influential as Tinubu is in S/west, he met with him in 2015 over Buhari's matter.
God bless you for this perfect response.

What's not clear to his type is that OBJ's opinion and endorsement counts not only for Nigerian government but for some African nations. I remember Zimbabwean and Kenyan opposition leaders running to him some few years ago, due to electoral crises in their countries. I've been privileged to visit some African countries and I make bold to say no Nigerian leader is highly regarded like OBJ.

OBJ is not in the same class of politics as the thief.nubus or Dullard of Daura. If he had no electoral value, they wouldn't have begged him to navigate their route to Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by djon78(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2018
einsteine:

The US cannot arrest a president. Stop getting carried away. The highest is to deny him entry. Even diplomats are deported rather than arrested.

Or ask then why a despot like Mugabe went to UN in new York and nothing happened to him.
Even Murmur ghadafi during his years was in New York and he was not arrested.
The thing is there are many novice or uninformed people in Nairaland. A President is a sovereignty of a Nation. And no other nation can arrest a President.
Example in Russias poisoning issue in UK. Theresa may them could not do anything, the only thing they did was to expel Russian diplomats, they have no authority to arrest them.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by rico73(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Whatever machinations they put up, I know for sure Atiku isn't gonna become president of this country anytime soon.

My only regret is for those people with a terrible herd mentality who seem to have learnt nothing from their experience with Jonathan. So eerie is the resemblance between their political attitude today and what it was three years ago, with the accompaniment of that inescapable fate, which they are likely to blame on others again!no
what is this one saying?

Just sitting around a corner watching them make complete nonsense of commonsense which patting eachother's back for a job "well-done".

In due time, their folly shall serve them their deserved fortunes in good measure.

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by GOOOGLE504(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2018
Sharon6:
The way pastors are getting themselves involved in politics these days ehn, na wa! Why can't pastors remain pastor and mind their church business?

oga wetin u dey talk now, since the day they've been minding their business don't u see how Christians continue to die. Any well meaning Nigerian or even individual generally will know the govt. is involved nd will support whatever is against it.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by escodotman: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2018
Ioannes:

Really? That was only Jonathan's sin?

I guess the fact that the CBN's governor Lamido Sanusi made allegations that the Jonathan government made away with 20 billion dollars isn't anything to worry about.

Also the fact that the Central Bank was upended during the last elections which saw Jonathan distributing cash in dollars to interest groups to vote for him isn't bad enough, right?

We won't even mention the use of military to intimidate voters and steal an election in Ekiti and the locking out of the federal legislators in Abuja.

I guess the fact that a private jet loaded with cash from the federal government of Nigeria seized in South Africa was lost on you.

Maybe we should contemplate that Jonathan single handedly lost over 7local government areas in the Northeast to Boko Haram where they planted their flags while the Nigerian army boys were running into Cameroon.

I could multiply this, but what's the point. I know you guys suffer from collective amnesia.
I tried to compare Buhari and Jonathan in terms of PERFOMANCE but you were writting trash about Sanusi's allegation which was later debunked by the man himself and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. The only Federal University that exists in Buhari's state today was built by Jonathan's administration. What has happened with the 25billion dollars stolen in NNPC which Buhari is the minister and exposed by Ibe Kachikwu? Where is the 1.5billion dollars expended on the fraud called ''Nigerian Air''? What has happened to the case of the 'grass cutter' Babachir lawal? What is happening with the trillions of subsidy scam going on in Buhari's administration after accusing Jonathan of paying subsidy but Osinbajo came out to admit the Buhari administration is also paying presently despite not getting approval from the National Assembly? Where is Maina the pension thief and Buhari's fiancier, whom Buhari asked Malami to meet in Dubai? The fact is that Buhari and his cabal are rogues and have done more damage to Nigeria without any achievment. Boko haram walked freely into a town and abducted over 100 school girls and also went back and released some without any resistance from security agencies!! Boko haram have constantly raided and killed many soldiers in the last few months. The fulani herdsmen have killed more people than boko haram this year in Zamfara, Taraba, Benue, Nasarawa etc yet Buhari said he is POWERLESS and can only pray, and told the victims to ''go and accomodate your neighbours''. The amnesia you and your fellows are suffering from is both retrograde and anterograde.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by ollah2: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2018
BestDude:

Oga shut it please. Oyedepo was on about the killings and Buhari's way of handling national affair.

It was beyond the killings
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Bar1941(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by HungerBAD: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
capitalzero:

If Atiku becomes president,he will enter US on diplomatic passport. Holders of diplomatic passport enjoy immunity in international soil except on cases of terrorism and related issues. Besides, personally I do not want nigeria leaders visit such foreign leaders. visiting usa with thousands is a waste of resources. let them come to us.

Very fair point.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by bluecircle470: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:
The things I read online sometimes.

There are a lot of stories inside this one story,but let us start with the reconciliation between Obasanjo and Atiku.

I have been called a political novice here a couple of times,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Can Obasanjo deliver Ogun State,nay the West to Atiku?truth is, Obasanjo should be grateful Atiku reconciled with him, or else,he would have been a political nobody after this election cycle.

To those peddling the Obasanjo is trying to lobby the US to lift the Visa ban( if really he has) on Atiku, I have this to tell you.

There is a reason the US is not a member of OPEC,Commonwealth of Nations, never contribute Soldiers to UN peace keeping missions and a host of other things. They do not like being told what to do.

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he? Let me use a little point to buttress what I am saying.

For those that have dealt with the US as regards filing for Visas for family members before. If the US suspects your application, or if you share a common name with some people of interest (happens to mostly Muslim people)they will put it into what is called an ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING(AP) and tell you they want to look into it.

AP can take anywhere from a DAY to many YEARS.

When a case is AP. Even the President of the United States by law, does not have the power to influence, bend or force the State Department to rush or take a favorable or unfavorable decision concerning that application.

If the President of the United States can't influence decisions in his own country, who is Obasanjo to influence a US internal matter?

You’re having sleepless night over OBJ reconciliation with atiku
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Corrinthians(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
millhouse:
you will come back here may 2019 to bite your tongue
Okay na. Till then. I shall quote this comment when the time comes.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Delejumi(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

There are a lot of stories inside this one story,but let us start with the reconciliation between Obasanjo and Atiku.

I have been called a political novice here a couple of times,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Can Obasanjo deliver Ogun State,nay the West to Atiku?truth is, Obasanjo should be grateful Atiku reconciled with him, or else,he would have been a political nobody after this election cycle.

To those peddling the Obasanjo is trying to lobby the US to lift the Visa ban( if really he has) on Atiku, I have this to tell you.

There is a reason the US is not a member of OPEC,Commonwealth of Nations, never contribute Soldiers to UN peace keeping missions and a host of other things. They do not like being told what to do.

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he? Let me use a little point to buttress what I am saying.

For those that have dealt with the US as regards filing for Visas for family members before. If the US suspects your application, or if you share a common name with some people of interest (happens to mostly Muslim people)they will put it into what is called an ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING(AP) and tell you they want to look into it.

When a case is AP. Even the President of the United States by law, does not have the power to influence, bend or force the State Department to rush or take a favorable or unfavorable decision concerning that application.

If the President of the United States can't influence decisions in his own country, who is Obasanjo to influence a US internal matter?

Lots of things are inaccurate in this piece bro.
How can US be part of OPEC when she isn't an oil producing country, Ask the Poland, Finland, South Korea they will tell you the number of armies from US on UN mission.
About government lobby, bro there are people that their own work is purely that and if you feel OBJ is too irrelevant, don't forget that the man is well recognized internationally and he is even a friend to W. Bush.
But the west supported Jonathan when he endorsed him, the West went for Yaradua when he endorsed him, the West also voted for Buhari when he endorsed him so I don't know the ones you have seen that he supported and they did not win.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by BestDude: 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
ollah2:

It was beyond the killings
it wasn't. Go and watch his clips again. How do you expect a man of his calibre to keep quiet when things go bad? And why they do not speak, we will be the one complaining that our religious leaders don't care.

Adeboye can't speak now cos he knows he has dented his own image due to his romance with Tinubu, even up to ordaining his wife.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by ollah2: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
BestDude:
it wasn't. Go and watch his clips again. How do you expect a man of his calibre to keep quiet when things go bad? And why they do not speak, we will be the one complaining that our religious leaders don't care.

Adeboye can't speak now cos he knows he has dented his own image due to his romance with Tinubu, even up to ordaining his wife.

What did he say when the same killings happened during GEJ era?
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by danvik: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
All these are sponsored media to legitimalized Atiku.... what they fail to realize is that endorsements from Obj cannot make Atiku win or loss the election...

BeeBeeOoh:
• Former president still angry as at PDP convention

• OBJ delayed foreign trip to receive Atiku

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/10/atiku-how-kumuyi-oyedepo-african-leaders-put-pressure-on-obj/
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Sleekfingers: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2018
lloyds:
The interpretation of what Oyedepo is doing is that he is saying that Atiku is God's choice . . That's how Nigerians will view it.

Pastors need to be careful with politicians, they are not ready to repent, they are using u only for their devilish gains and you know.

They have been swimming around Baba Adeboye for while, and the man is beginning to see how far they are undermining his ministry and name of God.

Now Kumuyi, now Oyedepo.

Have u forgotten that many Nigerians are morons......people that don't know what they want...

Maybe na poverty damage their brains
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by chinedu234(m): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2018

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he?

[/quote]
Political naivety is not enough not to understand the meaning of influence and diplomacy. Anybody can influence anything depending on what interests are at stake. The rules including that of AP you mentioned are designed for specific purposes and so also are there benefits of some waivers that come from pressures or influence. No human society is a total island. Maybe the proper tutoring you need is to understand that even you are a creature of influence. By the time you understand that you will see the folly of your earlier deposition.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by sunnedee2: 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

You are a wise man sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by HungerBAD: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
sunnedee2:

You are a wise man sir.

Thank you Sir, I appreciate your kind words.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by teemy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sharon6:
The way pastors are getting themselves involved in politics these days ehn, na wa! Why can't pastors remain pastor and mind their church business?

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

Since the old ages, the King and the Prophet have always held sway over the populace and give directions the kingdom would pursue.

The status quo has not changed and clergy still influence votes. Unlike before, the church is now serious about who holds the mantle of leadership in the nation as if a leader is bad, it leads to more 'prayers'. Why not get involved in the selection process from the onstart.

You should have heard the campaign for PMB during the last election from what was not a campaign ground but a mosque. Muslims especially Northerners are more politically exposed compared to their counterparts. The church is only just rising up to its political duty. There is nothing new to it.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Wakago: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nels55:
Dear Hungerbad, this will be my first time of replying your statement.. With all due respect you sound like a young person or an ignorant person..
Have ever bothered to understand why every single president seeks obj endorsement?

Even Gej advised Atiku and even called him boss of all bosses ..I liked the fact that you are open to learning , will give you a bit of lecture..

Nigeria as well as many countries are still under the influence of the world powers and these influence is so strong .. Now in every of these influenced countries, the world powers have what i call intels , they provide the whole intelligence needed by the world powers for that country.. Now in Nigeria, Obj is the chief intel.. Only top first class nigerians knows this and what he can do with it..

Let me put it this way, Obj used it to ban atiku from the US..
pls tell him. He is a learner.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Wakago: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nels55:
Dear Hungerbad, this will be my first time of replying your statement.. With all due respect you sound like a young person or an ignorant person..
Have ever bothered to understand why every single president seeks obj endorsement?

Even Gej advised Atiku and even called him boss of all bosses ..I liked the fact that you are open to learning , will give you a bit of lecture..

Nigeria as well as many countries are still under the influence of the world powers and these influence is so strong .. Now in every of these influenced countries, the world powers have what i call intels , they provide the whole intelligence needed by the world powers for that country.. Now in Nigeria, Obj is the chief intel.. Only top first class nigerians knows this and what he can do with it..

Let me put it this way, Obj used it to ban atiku from the US..
pls tell him. He needs a lot to learn from. But sometimes I feel sorry for many on nairaland coz they can't help to rise above sentiment.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by charlsecy(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
TheGreenLand:
They are still angry with themselves?

All those previous pics for the cameras?
Read with understanding.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Davidoff2000: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

lol..you no know anything.. you really be learner. What you said applies to ordinary citizens and for public consumption, the way you consumed it. Once PEP's are involved, the dynamics become different.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Wakago: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
madridsta007:

Not sure you remember the movie BlackHawk Down?

It was a UNSC authorised peacekeeping mandate in Somalia. The US troops were part of the mission. In fact they stayed when most of the other peacekeepers were redeployed. Hence they were outgunned by Mohammed Farah Aidid’s militia till another UN intervention force (led by a Nigerian army officer) went in to bail them out. The MSM seems to hide this event.

The US lost 18 servicemen, Rangers and Marines.

But you are right about other things.
I'm glad we have people like you here. More reason I'm still on nairaland.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by 7lives: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
lloyds:
The interpretation of what Oyedepo is doing is that he is saying that Atiku is God's choice . . That's how Nigerians will view it.

Pastors need to be careful with politicians, they are not ready to repent, they are using u only for their devilish gains and you know.

They have been swimming around Baba Adeboye for while, and the man is beginning to see how far they are undermining his ministry and name of God.

Now Kumuyi, now Oyedepo.

Na so dem flock around Jona o and he still lost.
This game will be very interesting, and my bet is still in Buhari.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by charlsecy(m): 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
wristbangle:
That being said, the USA is sneaky and understands what is on ground. They would remain on stealth mode about the corruption case filed against Atiku but assumes he wins and step his foot on American soil, being a president won't cut it for them as he may be placed behind bars for investigation & trials....
Arrest a president? You know something about international diplomacy?
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2018
escodotman:
I tried to compare Buhari and Jonathan in terms of PERFOMANCE but you were writting trash about Sanusi's allegation which was later debunked by the man himself and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. The only Federal University that exists in Buhari's state today was built by Jonathan's administration. What has happened with the 25billion dollars stolen in NNPC which Buhari is the minister and exposed by Ibe Kachikwu? Where is the 1.5billion dollars expended on the fraud called ''Nigerian Air''? What has happened to the case of the 'grass cutter' Babachir lawal? What is happening with the trillions of subsidy scam going on in Buhari's administration after accusing Jonathan of paying subsidy but Osinbajo came out to admit the Buhari administration is also paying presently despite not getting approval from the National Assembly? Where is Maina the pension thief and Buhari's fiancier, whom Buhari asked Malami to meet in Dubai? The fact is that Buhari and his cabal are rogues and have done more damage to Nigeria without any achievment. Boko haram walked freely into a town and abducted over 100 school girls and also went back and released some without any resistance from security agencies!! Boko haram have constantly raided and killed many soldiers in the last few months. The fulani herdsmen have killed more people than boko haram this year in Zamfara, Taraba, Benue, Nasarawa etc yet Buhari said he is POWERLESS and can only pray, and told the victims to ''go and accomodate your neighbours''. The amnesia you and your fellows are suffering from is both retrograde and anterograde.

I now you typed all these in a haste. Now go back and reread my post. The clue is in the first sentence. I am not comparing Jonathan with Buhari. They are both failures. I am simply referring to your trivialization of Jonathan's misdeeds. I guess you think he's also the hero of democracy, right?
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by escodotman: 8:18am On Oct 14, 2018
Ioannes:

I now you typed all these in a haste. Now go back and reread my post. The clue is in the first sentence. I am not comparing Jonathan with Buhari. They are both failures. I am simply referring to your trivialization of Jonathan's misdeeds. I guess you think he's also the hero of democracy, right?
No, I don't think he is, he is actually the hero of democracy and within the first few months he left power, he received many international awards, both in Africa and Europe. Meanwhile, Buhari contested the results of all the elections he lost prior to 2015 election, the guy never believed he lost any of them! Now, if he looses in the next election, whether he would be honourable enough to concede power remains to be seen.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2018
escodotman:
No, I don't think he is, he is actually the hero of democracy and within the first few months he left power, he received many international awards, both in Africa and Europe. Meanwhile, Buhari contested the results of all the elections he lost prior to 2015 election, the guy never believed he lost any of them! Now, if he looses in the next election, whether he would be honourable enough to concede power remains to be seen.

Go and find out exactly how Jonathan was coerced into conceding defeat.

Go and learn exactly how when it was becoming obvious that he was going to lose, people like the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Onaiyekan, former Commonwealth boss, Emeka Anyaoku and other eminent people, who formed some committee or the other went to Aso villa to stay with Jonathan and make sure he conceded.

Do some research about the deal he supposedly made with Buhari that if he relinquished power he and his wife would be granted immunity from prosecution for corruption.

I'm sure you've forgotten how he intimidated the federal legislators by locking them out of the national Assembly complex and they had to jump the fence.

I know you won't remember the period opposition party members from the west(?) were stopped on the highway and prevented from attending their party's convention in Abuja. They were turned back by armed military personnel who barred them from using the highway on the orders of the president.

You've probably forgotten that this same hero of democracy barred Amaechi from landing his plane at the airport. Not only that, Amaechi as a sitting governor was attacked and forced to retreat back to his governor's lodge in River's state during the election in River's state by federal might.

Your hero of democracy totally rigged the Elections of Ekiti state in 2014 in favor of Fayose. We have the tape recording.

You consider Jonathan the hero of democracy because he conceded an election he LOST. I wonder what his options were putting in mind the fact that Gbagbo had just recently been incarcerated for that same offence.

Hero of democracy who sent soldiers to seize and mop up Obasanjo's book when it was out in the market for sale.

Hero of democracy my brown ass.

No wonder Nigeria is a mess.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by escodotman: 10:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Ioannes:

Go and find out exactly how Jonathan was coerced into conceding defeat.

Go and learn exactly how when it was becoming obvious that he was going to lose, people like the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Onaiyekan, former Commonwealth boss, Emeka Anyaoku and other eminent people, who formed some committee or the other went to Aso villa to stay with Jonathan and make sure he conceded.

Do some research about the deal he supposedly made with Buhari that if he relinquished power he and his wife would be granted immunity from prosecution for corruption.

I'm sure you've forgotten how he intimidated the federal legislators by locking them out of the national Assembly complex and they had to jump the fence.

I know you won't remember the period opposition party members from the west(?) were stopped on the highway and prevented from attending their party's convention in Abuja. They were turned back by armed military personnel who barred them from using the highway on the orders of the president.

You've probably forgotten that this same hero of democracy barred Amaechi from landing his plane at the airport. Not only that, Amaechi as a sitting governor was attacked and forced to retreat back to his governor's lodge in River's state during the election in River's state by federal might.

Your hero of democracy totally rigged the Elections of Ekiti state in 2014 in favor of Fayose. We have the tape recording.

You consider Jonathan the hero of democracy because he conceded an election he LOST. I wonder what his options were putting in mind the fact that Gbagbo had just recently been incarcerated for that same offence.

Hero of democracy who sent soldiers to seize and mop up Obasanjo's book when it was out in the market for sale.

Hero of democracy my brown ass.

No wonder Nigeria is a mess.
I'm not suprised of deliberate attempt to twist the truth because that is tyupical of APC supporters! Go and read Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's book where she narrated the whole episode leading to Jonathan conceding defeat in 2015. You are pathetic lair! There were people trying to force jonathan to reject the result, trying to prevail on him to reject the outcome of the election but for the kind of person he is and had always said his political ambition is not worth the blood of Nigerians, Mrs Okonjo-Iweala said Jonathan just left their midst and went inside, they were thinking he went to ease himself but he went in to make a call to congratulate Buhari!! Now tell me how a man like that is not hero of democracy? Unlike the tyrant Buhari whose rhetorics have always been if he didn't get his wish, ''dogs and aoon will be soaked in blood''!!! I'm not suprised by your hatred for a man like Jonathan whom the international community hailed after the election. Meanwhile your love for Buhari who is a known tyrant and dictator, who many have branded a terrorist. Buhari is a man who is remembered in history for plotting a coup against a democratically elected president! Buhari went in front of lawyers, faced the nation and said the constitution is secondary to his own national interest. You said Jonathan rigged Ekiti election, was the reason Buhari orchestrated the rigging and Ekiti and recently Osun elections? Was that the reason Buhari sent Daura and his DSS men to plot a coup on the National Assembly which the symbol of Nigeria's democracy? Buhari has been flouting court orders, including ECOWAS court, he only obeys the one that suits his interest. What about the killing and mass burial of hundreds of Shites mulsims?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Ademola Adeleke's Graduation Ceremony At Atlanta Metropolitan College / Family Of Kidnapped Alwan Hassan Paid N100m For His Release - DailyNigerian / General Buratai In The Ancient City Of Nembe, Bayelsa State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.