Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing (27593 Views)

Peter And Paul Okoye Celebrate Chelsea UCL Win. / Liverpool Players, Staff And Fans Sing You'll Never Walk Alone After UCL Win / Cristiano Ronaldo Mobbed By Fans At Juventus Team Hotel After UCL Win (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Xkalaban(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2018
gigabyte01:

I laugh when I see comments like this ,why didn't Barcelona fix matches to win the UCL that year....how much can Barcelona even offer to the Arabian owners of PSG sef......u are saying bullshit,igbe eran

U dey mind them? Allow them Barca haters to cry Barca a river. Barca that places priority on winning trophies more than anything.

3 Likes

Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by NORSIYK(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2018
bamvik:
£4.3m * 400= 1.7billion to place bet and the odd should be more than 10odds o. Who give that mind? If its between 1.30 to 2odds person for agree small

The odd is 3 not more than 3 odds
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by PROPHETmichael: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2018
NotJustOkay:

A fan, not an official.

"A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe."
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by phr0nesis(m): 9:50am On Oct 13, 2018
gigabyte01:

I laugh when I see comments like this ,why didn't Barcelona fix matches to win the UCL that year....how much can Barcelona even offer to the Arabian owners of PSG sef......u are saying bullshit,igbe eran
You clearly don't know the reasons why matches are fixed
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by GOFRONT(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2018
Chaii

I wish say na bet9ja the man chop like this

2 Likes

Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by ponti93(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2018
if its true he is stupid, being a club official, he should hav used a proxy to place the bet, separate the 5m and bet with different bookies... And also place bet using foreign bookies
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by NotJustOkay: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

"A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe."
Sorry I got it wrong.
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by nelsonebby(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2018
myfootballface:
I think their heavy second leg loss to Barca 2 years ago should have also be investigated
there was no bet on it
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by gabbasin(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72038503:
A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe.

This is realistic enough.
A club that has the forward line of Mbappe , Neymar, Cavani etc playing against Red star can score as many as 8 goals in a match on a good day.

It was just the payday for the 4.3 Million Euro bet for the man, nothing was staged here.
We know a staged game if we see one!
Enjoy your winnings man!
Bookmakers, count it as one of your bad day!
Next!!
you are right dude, I always place bets against Nigeria in the world cup because I know we don't have a formidable team that stand the best. And it is a win win situation for me, Nigeria wins I am happy and if lost I win the bet. The man knew his club don't have what it takes to give PSG a stiff competition hence the bet. Nothing was fixed
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Reference(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2018
How do you place a bet of 5 million euros on a soccer event except in Asia. The inquest should start at the bookie.
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Lush100(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2018
myfootballface:
I think their heavy second leg loss to Barca 2 years ago should have also been investigated
o
you took this right out of my thoughts.
the first thing I thought about.
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Some dudes who are bringing Barcelona to this and how perfect PSG's forwards are don't get the point.

No one is saying PSG can't trash Red stars 7 nil but the bet was "Red Stars would lose with exactly 5 goals" staked with $5m. Who takes such risks?
i.e the score could be 5-0, 6-1, 7-2, 10-5 etc.

Barcelona vs PSG has nothing to do with this coz if they were to fix that match, it would have been in PSG's favour
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Promzyunique(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2018
otunbabadok:
Oya investigate Barca PSG impossible game of that year too.

Dont mind them
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Lush100:
o
you took this right out of my thoughts.
the first thing I thought about.

Nobody bet on the match bro. It was a shock to everyone including the coaches, players et al

And did you not see how those players were crying on the pitch? I bet no one would cry for a pre-decided match. And also, that match led to Neymar's departure
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by nelsonebby(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
bamvik:
£4.3m * 400= 1.7billion to place bet and the odd should be more than 10odds o. Who give that mind? If its between 1.30 to 2odds person for agree small
it’s 2 odd. Calm down
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by myfootballface: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2018
phr0nesis:
You clearly don't know the reasons why matches are fixed
Thank you

1 Like

Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by myfootballface: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2018
Simonrom:

Nobody bet on the match bro. It was a shock to everyone including the coaches, players et al

And did you not see how those players were crying on the pitch? I bet no one would cry for a pre-decided match. And also, that match led to Neymar's departure

Lol. So crying is an evidence that the match wasn't fixed? If you collected just 1 million Naira to lose a game, won't you even tear your jersey and roll on the grass if that's what it will take to make the loss believable?
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Splasshhh(f): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by abbiboy: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72038503:
A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe.

This is realistic enough.
A club that has the forward line of Mbappe , Neymar, Cavani etc playing against Red star can score as many as 8 goals in a match on a good day.

It was just the payday for the 4.3 Million Euro bet for the man, nothing was staged here.
We know a staged game if we see one!
Enjoy your winnings man!
Bookmakers, count it as one of your bad day!
Next!!
A club that draw Napoli a barren draw will loose 6-1 just like that,guy na match fixing forget mbappe neymar scrap!

1 Like

Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by OlujobaSamuel: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2018
myfootballface:

Lol. So crying is an evidence that the match wasn't fixed? If you collected just 1 million Naira to lose a game, won't you even tear your jersey and roll on the grass if that's what it will take to make the loss believable?
u dey mind dem, sometimes sef, e fit involve only one player, maybe na midfielder the player be sef, u just dey give wrong pass, if pressure much, d back line go collapse, match fixing wont involve all the squad, just few players or officials
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 13, 2018
myfootballface:

You are right
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Codedtalk: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Olowo lon jaiye. Thats exactly how billionaires gamble if they choose to.
bamvik:
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
NotJustOkay:

Not an official, but just a fan. Stop twisting facts!
You're the one twisting facts here. Read the full news yourself from GOAL, not just NL. it was an official, that was why he was 'sure' of that bet.
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Silentscreamer(f): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
The match was obviously fixed. Who stake such huge amount of money for a very uncertain outcome?
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
NORSIYK:

They don't have any point my friend played the same game with #50,000 that 6 goals will come out, so is my friend part of the fixed match

Your friend played over 5.5. Did he stake Billions on it?

some persons played correct score "other" .

The person staked millions of pounds on a "perfect" out come.

oga, just regurgitate on the issue a bit
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
PROPHETmichael:
This is not a matter to be investigated at all, PSG score goals for fun and the guy knowing this decided to try his luck. The only reason there's an investigation is simply because he is an official.

Not true.

Tried his luck by staking millions of pounds ( billions of Naira)?
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by kaptynblaq: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
y'all should go and investigate that Liverpool vs man city match it looks fixed too
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by Anazp: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kenmatt:
We Pundits who play bet here can even predict much more than that. I played that PSG game Over 5.5. f you want to doubt my prowess in prediction.

Use 20m to play Chelsea vs ManU both team to score() and smile home with 35.4m.
you did not predict anything. thats a very common happening. everyone knows chelsea vs man u would
Re: PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing by PROPHETmichael: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
joshuakdboy:

Not true.

Tried his luck by staking millions of pounds ( billions of Naira)?

To you it might be LOTS of money, to others, that's chicken change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EPL: Man Utd Break Arsenal’s Away Unbeaten Record After Win At Wolves / Mikel, Okocha Or Kanu: Who Was The Most Successful Nigerian Player / Ruben Dias Wins EPL Player Of The Season Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.