Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:54 PM

Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject (1306 Views)

'Stop Misleading The Public'–Coomassie Warns Fmr Aviation Minister,Osita Chiduka / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Former Minister of Aviation Osita Chidoka has confirmed that Nigeria’s main opposition party did not complete any major project in its 16 years in power.

Osita revealed the failings of the PDP when he tried to answer questions from Tolu Ogunlesi, head of digital communications for @NGRPresident and @asorock on Twitter.

In trying to exonerate the Goodluck Jonathan administration which he served first as Corp Marshall of the Federal Road Safety Commission and also as Minister, Mr Chidoka ended up implicating the administration.

Mr Chidoka had asked President Muhammadu Buhari’s spokesperson, Shehu Garba to “name any Rail, Roads, Airports, Hospital that this government initiated.”

But it was Ogunlesi who responded to his tweet. “I assumed we already dealt with this. Nigerians know that is not who starteth what that counteth, it is who finisheth. Anyone can start. Over the last few months I’ve tweeted about dozens of projects Buhari Admin has completed, that were started LONG before 2015. See next tweet.”

Mr Ogunlesi then posed a question of his own. ” I invite anyone who would like to support my big brother @osita_chidoka as he takes this very short and simple exam. It’s an open book exam so you are allowed to open textbooks and discuss. Your time starts now. $400bn, 16 years. Name just 5 COMPLETED projects in rail, power, roads”.

Tolu Ogunlesi, head of Digital Communication
In a bid to answer his question, Mr Chidoka showed that most of the project initiated by the PDP administration were never completed and those by the Jonathan administration were no where near 30 per cent completion.

“This is the list of ROAD PROJECTS started by GEJ and their status at handover date. @toluogunlesi I hope this helps. Will update you across other sectors because I was involved. When you complete projects give credit to initiators as we will also give you credit for completion.”

After scrutinising the document, Mr Ogunlesi replied. ” I’m honestly puzzled that with the hundreds of 2%-completion 14%-completion projects left behind by PDP (and acknowledged by @osita_chidoka), anyone would have the guts to attack PMB on the basis of ‘what have you started?’ It’s hard to make sense of.”

He then asked the former minister if he had seen a report of how over N700 billion was disbursed for projects in Niger Delta alone.

Mr Chidoka then tried to justify why the projects were never completed. “It takes about 1 to 2 years to bring an infrastructure project to FEC. Initial Project design 6-12 mths Procurement of consultant 6 mths Full design and costing 6-9 mths Procurement of contractor 3-6 mths Any awarded project is 30% done. 1st term is for project initiation.”

For this, Mr Ogunlesi replied,  “1st Term is for Project Initiation.” But until I challenged you you were harassing PMB that what has he started and completed. Buhari has decided that he will use his first term to complete projects instead of unnecessarily expanding the list of uncompleted stuff.

“I hope people extend these same yardsticks to PMB. Agreed, Infrastructure work in Nigeria can be a nightmare. Below doesn’t even include the scenario in which communities tell you the land for a road or power plant is ancestral land and they cannot move a shrine. It’s crazy.”

http://chronicle.ng/2018/10/13/jonathans-minister-osita-chidoka-confirms-he-did-not-complete-any-road-project/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by CilicMarin: 8:52am On Oct 13, 2018
“It takes about 1 to 2 years to bring an infrastructure project to FEC. Initial Project design 6-12 mths Procurement of consultant 6 mths Full design and costing 6-9 mths Procurement of contractor 3-6 mths Any awarded project is 30% done. 1st term is for project initiation.”

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by jumper524(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2018
issokay
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Kyase(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2018
Jonadafth grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2018
If Jonathan like make he no do anything we go vote for am
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Alzirida(f): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2018
Osita chidoka who couldn't make any impact on Enugu airport

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Afamed: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2018
The only things PDP completed during the 16years were impunity and looting

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by haaryobhami: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2018
I thought apc are d ruling party,u should be creating thread on apc achievement but seems they have done ntin so far

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Afamed: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
If Jonathan like make he no do anything we go vote for am
Speak for yourself not everyone is a zombie

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by ChrisMafian: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
Never again will we allow that looting party called PDP, those campaigning for the current thief are wicked and inhuman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by jpphilips(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2018
Former FRSC boss shouldn't know the status of Nigerian roads? Did you hire the wrong brain? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by madridguy(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2018
Interesting shocked

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by ChrisMafian: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2018
haaryobhami:
I thought apc are d ruling party,u should be creating thread on apc achievement but seems they have done ntin so far
Shut up, your useless party failed and we are reminding Nigerians of that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by blackpanda: 9:05am On Oct 13, 2018
Did u even read the post before vomiting your shit
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by haaryobhami: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2018
ChrisMafian:

Shut up, your useless party failed and we are reminding Nigerians of that.
and who told u I support any of d two major party.
if u parents don't teach u how to talk with manners in public u can skip my comment nd stop acting like a baby that lost his biscuit

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2018
cheesy

Lauretta Onochie is pained. Better dump this sinking ship called Buhari

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Luckylife(m): 9:23am On Oct 13, 2018
May God keep the enemies of Nigerians busy as they are very occupy bring down Former President Jonathan with lies,propaganda and deceits that is not contesting till when Atiku / Obi win 2019 election that will Grow Nigeria and stop the preference of cow to human being.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by quickberry(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2018
See it here

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by RockHard: 9:28am On Oct 13, 2018
With such an abysmally poor record of project completion in 16-yrs, only a foolish person would support the takeover of PDP in 2019. They will just abandon the ongoing rail projects while starting a new round of projects they won't complete. It's still Sai baba for me, atleast till all ongoing projects are completed. If you no like am go and hug transformer.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Butterflyleo: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2018
Mynd44 come and see o shocked

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by intruxive(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2018
grin
We said it already, the only people who hate buhari are the same people who hated him in 2015. Their hate is an incurable cancer now.

Reminds me of the hate of the jews for jesus, their hate was so terrible that they asked for a robbers life to be spared instead

Anyway they said they are jews too lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by NaMe4: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
haaryobhami:

They have NOTHING to show.

Only propaganda and fitting online is what they know how to do.
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by haaryobhami: 9:50am On Oct 13, 2018
NaMe4:

They have NOTHING to show.

Only propaganda and fitting online is what they know how to do.
its almost 2019 nd they still campaign against gej,So shameful
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2018
haaryobhami:
and who told u I support any of d two major party.
if u parents don't teach u how to talk with manners in public u can skip my comment nd stop acting like a baby that lost his biscuit

Your name didn't replicate where u from......wise up bro

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by haaryobhami: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2018
olagbola55:

Your name didn't replicate where u from......wise up bro
lol cause am Yoruba I should support apc mediocre.
we claim to be sophisticated but joining nairaland made me realize how tribalistic we are .
well apc is not Yoruba party bro nd pdp is not igbo party

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2018
grin

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by front4line: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Ipob Igbo losing lately on SM back 2 back.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
haaryobhami:
lol cause am Yoruba I should support apc mediocre.
we claim to be sophisticated but joining nairaland made me realize how tribalistic we are .
well apc is not Yoruba party bro nd pdp is not igbo party

M not apc neither pdp m just supporting who I think it right and !6yeaes rules of pdp yield nothing dat my point Den y putting same pdp bck for what I rather prefer sdp Donald duke Dan both
Re: Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject by haaryobhami: 11:22am On Oct 13, 2018
olagbola55:

M not apc neither pdp m just supporting who I think it right and !6yeaes rules of pdp yield nothing dat my point Den y putting same pdp bck for what I rather prefer sdp Donald duke Dan both
and who told u am supporting pdpq,some of d present apc members were once in pdp right.we should learn to vote for personality nd not party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Prophet Olabayo Reveals What’ll Happen Between Atiku, Buhari; How Election / Why The Economist Endorsed Me ― Atiku / Breaking: Labour Suspends Planned Strike, FG To Pay N30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.