Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:53 AM

An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. (2080 Views)

South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket / Ndigbo Settle For Atiku/Obi Ticket / Lecturers, Students Back Atiku/Obi Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by RTSC: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

No wahala.

Let's go to the polls!
This is exactly what you people should have done.

Stop creating useless threads.

Wait for elections and do your thing.

4 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
RTSC:

This is exactly what you people should have done.

Stop creating useless threads.

Wait for elections and do your thing.

Na so.

Brace up for another 4 years of Buhari. If you wan travel, dey plan your visa ooo.

3 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Na so.

Brace up for another 4 years of Buhari. If you wan travel, dey plan your visa ooo.

let him win first

3 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by IamAtikulate: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Buhari is No ordinary opponent to defeat him for him to agree you have to over defeat him ...Our best choice would have been an Atiku SW ticket and now we have played into the hands of those tribalism who have long wanted to label Atiku and Obj candidate in the north and SW
I am sorry but you are myopic. Would you have lose your stronghold to gain few thousand votes?

If Atiku had chosen SW, SE would not vote for Buhari but would boycot the election entirely and amplify the call for Biafra.

We know what is driving SW is greed and it is that greed that destroyed APC. In 2015, they had the VP, wanted the Speaker also, want their boy Akume (former ACN Senator)as Senate President and worked tooth and nail to remove Oyegun for Oshiomole (Former ACN Governor) and now want VP in another party.

I have never seen this greed before.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by RTSC: 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Na so.

When buhari lose, don't come to pdp and start looking for entitlements you don't deserve.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by SarkinYarki: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
IamAtikulate:

I am sorry but you are myopic. Would you have lose your stronghold to gain few thousand votes?

If Atiku had chosen SW, SE would not vote for Buhari but would boycot the election entirely and amplify the call for Biafra.

We know what is driving SW is greed and it is that greed that destroyed APC. In 2015, they had the VP, wanted the Speaker also, want their boy Akume (former ACN Senator)as Senate President and worked tooth and nail to remove Oyegun for Oshiomole (Former ACN Governor) and now want VP in another party.
M
I have never seen this greed before.

I am not even talking about South west voter but the huge numbers he will lose in the north after they have been brainwashed that he is an IPOB apologist....yruth be told the sacrifice to send Buhari packing was Igbos to make not the Yorubas

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by IamAtikulate: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
backnbeta:

Unfortunately, the op is right. Atiku would have fared better if he had chosen a Yoruba man as his running mate as it would have been a battle between two Yoruba men. Atiku already secured the South East, all he needs is the South West now. I have high regards and much respect for PO, but contrary to some opinions, Atiku/PO need the South West votes to win.
Everyone is forming an opinion. Get your PVC and let meet at the polls. You are not wiser than Atiku and he wants the Presidency and you can't tell me he made a mistake.

Chill, let meet at the poll.

2 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by masseratti: 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mimiko is not popular in the southwest, his performance in ondo is not so grate

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by IamAtikulate: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:

I am not even talking about South west voter but the huge numbers he will lose in the north after they have been brainwashed that he is an IPOB apologist....yruth be told the sacrifice to send Buhari packing was Igbos to make not the Yorubas
Believe me, an average Northerner would vote for an Atiku/SE ticket than Atiku/SW and there are many reasons I am not ready to share here.

I have lived in the North and I know what I am saying and mind you, SW is not a threat to this ticket. The only threat is APC's rigging machine. The yorubas that are making noise would Atikulate soon. I am sure of that. Let the campaign start.

3 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by wingmanII: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Trash. Total trash
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by peeta4u(m): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
OP, God bless you.

Yorubas are earnestly waiting for next year's polls to vote in Buhari/Osinbajo for another 4 years!

#istandwithbuharitill2023
thats what u think, I am yoruba and will neva vote buhari again

2 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by jmaine: 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
masseratti:
Mimiko is not popular in the southwest, his performance in ondo is not so grate

Lolz.. Mimiko performance in Ondo is not great? You clearly do not know what you are saying..

Now back to the thread, Mimiko is an unstable force who can't challenge Osinbanjo popularity....

Picking Obi is a master stroke cos voter apathy in the east led to PMB electoral victory in 2015.. Their turn out will be awesome and they will vote in bloc knowing they have a VP.

Atiku will battle Buhari in the SW, to gain at least 45% of the votes. The North Central is a no go area for the APC...

Only the NW will give Buhari a good showing to a large extent.. And the NE marginally..

The back breaker is that Two Northerners are on the ballot paper..
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Let both tribes stick with their respective sons.

It's a very simple matter.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by fallout87: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Bane2020:

I tire ooo my brother! All of a sudden this APC clowns suddenly care about what goes on with PDP? a party they viciously derided and attacked for years... very funny set of people.

I am not an APC clown or zombie. Don't be like them and start ranting mad labeling everyone "IPOB pig" just because they don't agree with you stance.

Check my posting history; I am strongly against APC and against Buhari.

However I am not naive or stupid enough to believe selecting a man from an area you would already win by landslide will help you on any way...

Especially when the area you neglected is the second biggest voting block and you now have no serious representation for the PDP there.

Atiku will lose NW and SW by landslide and that right there means this election is over and painfully in October.

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
peeta4u:
thats what u think, I am yoruba and will neva vote buhari again

OK, your votes will not cause a dent anyways. This is democracy and majority will always prevail. Goodluck.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by bobbybrown007: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
alberson:
An Atiku/Mimiko ticket would have faired better than an Atiku/Obi ticket.
I think the decision was hasty: The objective of taking over power in 2019 should not be sentimental. A lot of factors must be considered. The numbers are very important.

By virtue of his selection Atiku has traded Votes from the South West for the paltry votes in the South East.
Votes from North-West alone ordinarily consumes whatever comes from South-South and South East put together. So, why trade the South West votes.

Apart from Lagos, the entire South West states are already on LOCK-DOWN for APC (do an individual states analysis).
Peter Obi looks good on paper but it can't translate into votes. Besides, put side-by-side Obi and Osinbajo, the former is no match.

Also, the "Omo-oluabi" factor in the South West is still held in very high esteem. Every Yoruba person regardless of party linen knows this. It will count.

My submission: The former Governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko is currently one of the most decent, brilliant and progressive politicians in the South West. He would have made a stronger pair for the PDP.

let's hear your opinions....
remember my guy when it comes to west the igbos are everywhere, forget that thing you just said atiku had already gone through and has seen that he is a better person for him and besides obi was never a pdp member but he is an ex-governor from a polical party called APGA.

2 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
fallout87:

I am not an APC clown or zombie. Don't be like them and start ranting mad labeling everyone "IPOB pig" just because they don't agree with you stance.

However I am not naive or stupid enough to believe selecting a man from an area you would already win by landslide will help you on any way...

Especially when the area you neglected is the second biggest voting block and you now have no serious representation for the PDP there.

Atiku will lose NW and SW by landslide and that right there means this election is over and painfully in October.

You are pragmatic and realistic.

God bless you.

Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by paramakina202: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Why should Igbo make sacrifices to send Buhari packing to the advantage of Yorubas,what kind of thinking is that?
Since 1999 Ndi Igbo have been making sacrifices to PDP and remain loyal and committed both in victory and in defeat and its time to reward them for their loyalty you want them to cede that to Yorubas,are you okay?
If in any case PDP lost to APC we shall all endure Buhari's draconian rule together for another 4 years.It will not be an Igbo lost,it will be a lost to all sensible Nigerians accross the country.Btw,denying SE the VP position would have played into the hands of IPOB and the political class will have no option than to join the movement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Ziggylady(f): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
ozoebuka1:
Afonja will keep bringing up bullsheets on why atiku/obi won't work, when it finally works, they will tell you how gbenga, obasanjo and Tinubu codedly made it happen. Always sitting on the fence.

You sabi dem well.

4 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
alberson:
I think the decision was hasty: The objective of taking over power in 2019 should not be sentimental. A lot of factors must be considered. The numbers are very important.

By virtue of his selection Atiku has traded Votes from the South West for the paltry votes in the South East.
Votes from North-West alone ordinarily consumes whatever comes from South-South and South East put together. So, why trade the South West votes.

Apart from Lagos, the entire South West states are already on LOCK-DOWN for APC (do an individual states analysis).
Peter Obi looks good on paper but it can't translate into votes. Besides, put side-by-side Obi and Osinbajo, the former is no match.

Also, the "Omo-oluabi" factor in the South West is still held in very high esteem. Every Yoruba person regardless of party linen knows this. It will count.

My submission: The former Governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko is currently one of the most decent, brilliant and progressive politicians in the South West. He would have made a stronger pair for the PDP.

Fine babe, first off how are you? Atiku/Obi ticket is divinely arranged. With this ticket APC is done with. How, you may ask? SS and SE are locked down for PDP. NC is 70% done for PDP except pockets of votes in Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa.
NE is 80% locked down for PDP as this is their first veritable time at Presidency. Now this leaves us with SW and NW. In North West, obviously Buhari will win, but as long as Kwankwaso, Tambulwa, the Saltan and Emir of Kano are concerned, Buhari is not going home with more than 65-70% from NW.
Now, come back to SW. People forget that Lagos is cosmopolitan city. If you doubt me, ask people about what happened when June 12 crisis was on. The population shrank to about 30%. Most non-indigenes left Lagos. Also, please I know you are in church most Sunday mornings; someday drive around Lagos at about10.30am and notice how empty the city is. Most Christians are tired of APC. So, Lagos could go either way, all thanks to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Anbode debacle. Forget the face saving photographs. Epe, Ajiromi/Ifelodun and Badagry are locked down for PDP. Niw rest of Lagis is open field fir anyone.
When you take out Lagos, the rest of the SW has the least voting strength in Nigeria. Aside Osun where APC was very popular, which votes were shared 50/50 in last governorship election, APC do not have any stronghold states in SW. For example, Ondo is likely 55/45% to APC, because of the governor. However, you know there would be no governorship election there. Same applies to Ekiti and Osun. So the governor's stake snd push would be lesser than if they were contesting. Even with Fayose's mess up, Ekiti was practically won by PDP. So, how is SW locked down for APC? Is it in Ogun where Amosun is defecting to Accord Party? So, SW can go either way.
Now to Mimiko. He is finished politically. He was in LP, left to PDP, returned to LP and party rejected him, so he now works fir ZLP. Now tell me if PDP were to pick Mimiko, who in SW PDP would be agreeable to that? That would have been a monumental mistake. A man who lost his state as incumbent to a known serial loser is not fit to be awarded a VP slot.
By the way, I hope you are already ATIKULATING? I will revert to you later so we discuss other things.

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by fallout87: 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

You are pragmatic and realistic.

God bless you.

Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023

I will never support Buhari.

He is a cancer to Nigeria and will destory the country. I am just realistic that Atiku has just ruined his chances by making the wromg political move.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by alberson(f): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
let's me reminds you guys about 2015 election in SW & SS

Omisore in Osun
Mimiko in Ondo
Fayose in Ekiti and
Obanikoro in Lagos all played huge roles in the 2015 election in the South West. We all know what the story is today.
In 2015 the PDP had it all in the South South apart from Edo state.

My observation:
2019 will be different. While APC may still retain Edo, both parties will split Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River.

All the over 1million votes churned out in the last election will split even though PDP will still have the day.

In the NC, apart from Kwara and Benue. Plateau is 50/50. You know the rest.
Between you and I ehn Buhari won't find it easy. Atiku will do everything right in this campaign and all PMB and his team will be made to do is DEFEND.

perhaps Buhari will win..
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
Amitez:

Fine babe, first off how are you? Atiku/Obi ticket is divinely arranged. With this ticket APC is done with. How, you may ask? SS and SE are locked down for PDP. NC is 70% done for PDP except pockets of votes in Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa.
NE is 80% locked down for PDP as this is their first veritable time at Presidency. Now this leaves us with SW and NW. In North West, obviously Buhari will win, but as long as Kwankwaso, Tambulwa, the Saltan and Emir of Kano are concerned, Buhari is not going home with more than 65-70% from NW.
Now, come back to SW. People forget that Lagos is cosmopolitan city. If you doubt me, ask people about what happened when June 12 crisis was on. The population shrank to about 30%. Most non-indigenes left Lagos. Also, please I know you are in church most Sunday mornings; someday drive around Lagos at about10.30am and notice how empty the city is. Most Christians are tired of APC. So, Lagos could go either way, all thanks to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Anbode debacle. Forget the face saving photographs. Epe, Ajiromi/Ifelodun and Badagry are locked down for PDP. Niw rest of Lagis is open field fir anyone.
When you take out Lagos, the rest of the SW has the least voting strength in Nigeria. Aside Osun where APC was very popular, which votes were shared 50/50 in last governorship election, APC do not have any stronghold states in SW. For example, Ondo is likely 55/45% to APC, because of the governor. However, you know there would be no governorship election there. Same applies to Ekiti and Osun. So the governor's stake snd push would be lesser than if they were contesting. Even with Fayose's mess up, Ekiti was practically won by PDP. So, how is SW locked down for APC? Is it in Ogun where Amount is defecting to Accord Party? So, SW can go either way.
Now to Mimiko. He is finished politically. He was in LP, left to PDP, returned to LP and party rejected him, so he now works fir ZLP. Now tell me if PDP were to pick Mimiko, who in SW PDP would be agreeable to that? That would have been a monumental mistake. A man who lost his state as incumbent to a known serial loser is not fit to be awarded a VP slot.
By the way, I hope you are already ATIKULATING? I will revert to you later so we discuss other things.

See epistle because igbos want yorubas to vote Obi as VP! You must think yoruba are fools!

The same country igbos called a zoo is now a bastion of democracy and egalitarianism to allow igbos near our seat of power.

It is 2019 that you will know how resentful Nigerians are of you igbos. You can continue spamming the cyberspace with atikulation. The illiterate that will vote Buhari/Osinbajo are not on social media.

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2018
fallout87:

I will never support Buhari.

He is a cancer to Nigeria and will destory the country. I am just realistic that Atiku has just ruined his chances by making the wromg political move.

As long as we don't lose our advantage. It's not like I love Buhari too, I am just between a rock and a hard place.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by fallout87: 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
CharleyBright:
OP, shut the fu*k up.
Would the SW have abandon voting for Osibanjo and vote for Mimiko?

I don't like Mimiko, but some would.

The route for Atiku to victory was...

- Select Yoruba VP

- Hold press conference to let SW they have representation, inform SE they will be zoned SGF like under GEJ so they know they and their Governors have representation as well.

- Appease Igbo Governors with the possibilities where they can request the future zoning for Presidency since they missed the last to zonings (SS - President, SW - VP).

- Declare and sign document where Atiku states clearly he will only serve one term then hand over power to South.

If he were as smart as we all thought this is what Atiku would have done. This would have helped hims split SW votes, retain SE, retain SS then begin his work securing other areas not named "Taraba" or "Adamawa".

Instead he cut off the entire west, alienated the second biggest voting block and now NW and SW will vote like Kano did for GEJ.

He literally has no way to win. Even with military might and rigging. You throw those in and Atiku will lose embarrassing and Nigeria will suffer for this under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by CilicMarin: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
jmaine:

Lolz.. Mimiko performance in Ondo is not great? You clearly do not know what you are saying..

Now back to the thread, Mimiko is an unstable force who can't challenge Osinbanjo popularity....

Picking Obi is a master stroke cos voter apathy in the east led to PMB electoral victory in 2015.. Their turn out will be awesome and they will vote in bloc knowing they have a VP.

Atiku will battle Buhari in the SW, to gain at least 45% of the votes. The North Central is a no go area for the APC...

Only the NW will give Buhari a good showing to a large extent.. And the NE marginally..

The back breaker is that Two Northerners are on the ballot paper..

I am 100% sure, you are not from the South East. The highest turn out ever recorded in the South East in the modern time was 2015.

What made the difference was that, while the South South jettisoned the card readers in the middle of the election, when the result started coming from the North, The South East Couldn't muster the courage to do, hence the perceived low turn out.

Elections results in the South East and South South are always written and figures allocated.

Have wondered why all the reruns elections in the South South and South East were below 35% turn out?

Reason, Card readers were used, No much manipulation.

In 2019, APC will allocate the figures in Rivers, Delta, AkwaIbom, Edo and to an extent Anambra.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by highpriestess: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mmmm
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Kamanuozuzu: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
alberson:

When u become Presidential candidate, u can pick Mimiko.

1 Like

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Bitchiamjay(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2018
how do you expect Atiku to Pick mimiko over Peter ObI. Smh for ndi ofe mmanu.
Atiku made the best decision .
You don't expect Atiku and buhari to use same formation. You don't expect Atiku to fail both home and away.

op do you even reason at all?

2 Likes

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by basilo101: 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Believe me, an average Northerner would vote for an Atiku/SE ticket than Atiku/SW and there are many reasons I am not ready to share here.

I have lived in the North and I know what I am saying and mind you, SW is not a threat to this ticket. The only threat is APC's rigging machine. The yorubas that are making noise would Atikulate soon. I am sure of that. Let the campaign start.
The idea of imaginary enmity between igbo and the north is a creation of yoruba delusional mind. I live in the north too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by alberson(f): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
bobbybrown007:
remember my guy when it comes to west the igbos are everywhere, forget that thing you just said atiku had already gone through and has seen that he is a better person for him and besides obi was never a pdp member but he is an ex-governor from a polical party called APGA.

No doubt Peter Obi's selection will attract votes for PDP in the South East but to what extent? Buhari didn't even need to win votes in the South East in 2015 to oust Jonathan. So, what's the big deal.
Re: An Atiku/mimiko Ticket Would Have Faired Better Than An Atiku/obi Ticket. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
fallout87:

Bro, you lie. Lets stop pulling Lagos votes into SW. Take out Lagos and review your thought that SW has second highest voting strength.
Lagos is cosmopolitan and by my reasoning, EPE, Ajeromi/Ifelodun, Badagry and a huge chunk of non-Yorubas will vote PDP. By the way, how is rest of SW on lockdown for APC? Check the election results in Ondo (2016), Ekiti and Osun (2018). What were the margins? Is is now Ogun that APC is in disarray or Oyo that they are fractionalised, where is this lockdown being taunted all over social media? Pls enlighten me!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WATCH The Man Of God Who Predicted The Coming Of Biafra & Nnandi Kanu Return / Busted Again: Ogundamisi Caught Lying / See Names Of The 6 Persons Arrested By Police Over Death Of PDP Woman Leader In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.