Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:03 PM

We Died With Him. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Died With Him. (1262 Views)

A Man Died In My Place After Arguing With Me In The Bus. / Outrage, As Catholic Priest Tells Congregation That Jesus Died With Erection / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
ponziponzi:

So why was he killed by the romans?
Because that's the reason He came in the first place.
The wages of sin is death.thats Gods prescription.inorder to reconcile man with God.He came and took the side of man on the cross.
Re: We Died With Him. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
ichuka:
Galatains5:24..24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

We have to see clearly that what is spoken of here is not a matter of experience(no matter what experience one may have);rather,it is a matter of divine fact."They who are of Christ Jesus"—whether they be strong or weak—"have crucified the flesh with its passions and its lusts."You may say that you are still sinning.But God says that you have been crucified on the cross.You may say that your temper is still with you.But God says that you have been crucified on the cross.You may say that your lust is very strong.But God says that your flesh has been crucified on the cross.Please do not look at your experience for now;pay attention first to what God has said to you.If you do not listen and believe in God's word but look at your own experience,you will never have the experience of the crucifixion of the flesh.Forget about your own feelings and experience.God said that your flesh has been crucified,and it is crucified.First listen to and believe God's word,then the experience will follow.God has said to you,"Your flesh has been crucified."You should answer and say,"Amen. That is right.My flesh has been crucified on the cross."If you do this,you will see that your flesh is truly crucified.
We have to realize that the Bible has never told us to crucify ourselves. Rather,it tells us that we are those who are crucified.We are not being crucified alone,but have been crucified together with the Lord Jesus (Gal. 2:20; Rom. 6:6).Since we have been crucified together,the time that the Lord Jesus was crucified is the time that our flesh was crucified.Furthermore, our crucifixion is not a self-crucifixion.Rather, we were brought to the cross by the Lord Jesus at the time He was crucified.Hence, in God's eyes,our flesh has been crucified on the cross.This is something that has been clearly accomplished on God's side.It has been clearly accomplished and now it is a fact.Whether or not a man has the experience,God still says,"They"—every believer—"who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh."The way for us to receive the experience of the crucifixion of the flesh is not by paying attention to our experience(which though good,should not be given too much place),but by believing in God's word.God says that our flesh has been crucified,and we believe that our flesh is indeed crucified.God says that our flesh has been crucified on the cross,and we acknowledge that what God says is true. If we do this,we will have the experience.We should first pay attention to God's fact,then to man's experience.
Eternal security,right ?
I have come across many Bible verses that don't agree with these eternal security doctrine.
And personally,I don't believe in it.
I can't even believe in it to start with
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 12:06am On Sep 12, 2019
GLYCOLYSISS:

Eternal security,right ?
I have come across many Bible verses that don't agree with these eternal security doctrine.
And personally,I don't believe in it.
I can't even believe in it to start with
Rightly put Eternal Life bro
It's not our call bro but His.
John3:16 remember?
Re: We Died With Him. by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 12, 2019
ichuka:

Rightly put Eternal Life bro
It's not our call bro but His.
John3:16 remember?
Eternal life ?
What do you understand by "believe in Him" in that passage ?
What do you have to say about these Bible verse ?
Ezekiel 3:20

20 Again, if a righteous man turns from his righteousness (right doing and right standing with God) and some gift or providence which I lay before him he perverts into an occasion to sin and he commits iniquity, he shall die; because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood will I require at your hand
Re: We Died With Him. by ponziponzi(m): 3:59am On Sep 12, 2019
ichuka:

Because that's the reason He came in the first place.
The wages of sin is death.thats Gods prescription.inorder to reconcile man with God.He came and took the side of man on the cross.

Lol. You are funny.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
ponziponzi:

Lol. You are funny.
Funny Mayb that's the truth.
Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
GLYCOLYSISS:

Eternal life ?
What do you understand by "believe in Him" in that passage ?
What do you have to say about these Bible verse ?
Ezekiel 3:20

20 Again, if a righteous man turns from his righteousness (right doing and right standing with God) and some gift or providence which I lay before him he perverts into an occasion to sin and he commits iniquity, he shall die; because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood will I require at your hand
Hi bro
Your above verses is part of the Law.and the gospel truth is that no man born of blood of the will of a man and of flesh can keep Gods law.
It's very impossible.the law is Holy and good but the demand of the law can never be met by any one born by flesh,blood and of the will of a man.
The law was never given to the Israelite for them to uphold No!!it was given with the full knowledge that it will be broken.only then will the world accept His Grace.
So back to your post,we aren't call to 'do'
But to 'express' as long as we want to DO that's please God which is self righteousness there will always be one more thing to 'DO'(JOHN19:17So He said to him, [e]“Why do you call Me good? [f]No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept [g]from my youth. What do I still lack?”

21Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.)which we can't uphold before Him.
If we truthfully believe in Him.we don't need to DO anything but express what He have already done.
Expressing the Life of Christ in all our endeavors.our thoughts,mind,actions have to express Him.Gal2:20.

1 Like

Re: We Died With Him. by ichuka(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka's Parents Only Wish Is About To Be Fulfill / The Truth: Pastor Kumuyi And The Limousine / Why Long-suffering Is Beneficial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.