Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,203 members, 7,974,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:43 PM

Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 (1307 Views)

Engine Ringing! Please Help / Updated .....Hyundia Elantra 07, (2.0 limited)Vs Honda Civic 07(1.8) / Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is the final update on the elantra.. The major replacement was ,oil seal, rings timing belt and alternator belt.. The last two items didn't really need replacement yet ..but common sense tells me that with due time, you will need to replace them . The pistons was still OK and no replacement needed for it ..I will save the pistons for a later time .. Everything I else I bought was needed and used .

My conclusion : The car seems OK and runs fine ..looking at the exhaust and tiny bit of water dropping shows that the engine was properly ringed ..no smoke at all ..some issues that I have is that I can't good coolant at all .so water was used for now.. The thermostat is rusted out due to non coolant.. The cost is about 4k. You can get it on ebay for about $20 brand new . I am very happy about the job done. But reality is that "ringing". Might be good for six months, so in that case I will get a tokunbo engine for about $250.00 .

For anyone looking into buying elantra.. Please have no fear the car is very ok . And any mechanic can easily work on the car . The most important thing is to use proper oil ,coolant and just do the basic maintenance. Looking at my car for an example, you can tell the milage is 190k ,and I bought the car when it was 157k ... The car has been driven for 33k miles in less than a year. The car will be 1year in December and am pleased with the job done.. The car will be back on uber nxt week ,and ready to work .. A high end scanner will be needed to clear the crazy lights showing on the dashboard....
Someo of you reading this now ..if you can take anything from what I learned.. Please maintenance is the key, if you work hard to buy that new tokunbo car. Please do the rite thing and baby your car. The 100k that I spend this week could have been spent on more important things if I had paid more attention to the car.. And there is no such thing as bad cars, just lazy or bad owners.. Thank you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by AgentGoat: 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
How much is the engine at ladipo?
Re: Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 4:10am On Oct 14, 2018
AgentGoat:
How much is the engine at ladipo?

Never really bother to ask fully... but I was told for American spec engine like 170k to 200k ..not up to 240k ...I would not bother to get at ladipo.. Due to the fact that you can't confirm the milage.. I can easily import from the Yankee... but truth to be told the engine are very strong... I mean you will really have to go out of your way to destroy the engine... I have few of them on uber ..I sold one few months ago with 220k original milage ,no problem at all.. Once you do the basic maintenance oil,coolant etc you are good to go..
And also people might tell you that elantra usually has transmission problem.. Personally I think that his big lie .it boils down to how you maintain the transmission, if you use the rite fluid u should fine.

(1) (Reply)

Get Rid Off Dust In Your Car With This Powerful Device / Very Clean 2004 Tokumbo Toyota Sienna / Diesel Engine Changed To A V8 Petrol Engine Tweaker To Use 4 Plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.