Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,965 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:04 AM

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP (10840 Views)

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? / Amosun Reacts To Reports Of Dumping APC For APM And Endorsing Atiku / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by hisexcellency34: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday said former President Olusegun Obasanjo is yet to return to its fold almost four years after quitting his membership of the party.

Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary said the former president’s endorsement of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s presidential candidate is not an indication that he has returned to the party.

He said if Obasanjo decides to join the PDP today, a new membership card will be issued to him immediately.

He said the quest to remove President Muhammadu Buhari from office in 2019 through the ballot box transcends political parties, adding that Nigerians from all walks of life are rallying behind the PDP having realised that it is the veritable platform through which the mission can be realised.
He said: “On the issue of giving former President Olusegun Obasanjo a new party membership card, we are not there yet. Former President Obasanjo said he is a statesman. And he has not indicated his desire to return to our party. I am sure if he does it today, he will be issued a party card immediately.

“The desire to remove Buhari from power is a pan-Nigerian movement. Many Nigerians from all walks of life are eager to remove him from office because of his incompetence and because his presidency has failed Nigerians.
“So, the decision has no party bearing. It is a pan-Nigerian movement but because the task can only be achieved through a political party and because the PDP has repositioned itself, having being rebranded and reformed, Nigerians are rallying across party lines to our party in order to remove President Muhammadu Buhari from power through the ballot box,” he said.

Obasanjo, it will be recalled, in February 2015 handed over his PDP membership card to the Ward 11 leader in Abeokuta North local government, Alhaji Surajudeen Oladunjoye and instructed him to tear it.

He said if his involvement in partisan politics would stop him from having a better Nigeria, then he is ready to sacrifice membership of the PDP and become a statesman.
https://www.independent.ng/2019-obasanjo-not-yet-our-member-pdp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by baliyubla: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obj remains Apolitical, I and millions of Nigerians remain Apolitical, but all we are saying is "Give us Atiku". Never reinforce failure.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by livelymatilda22: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
PDP: There is hunger in the land. APC must GO! We must reclaim Nigeria from APC.

Me: Please which party was in power when Africa China sang "Mr. President"..... "food no dey, brother water no dey...." or when Eedris Abdulkareem sang "Jagajaga"...."Nigeria jagajaga...everything scatter scatter...poor man dey suffer suffer...."?

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by ojmaroni247(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
Not Only members, reasonable Nigerians are tired of the APC rule. cheesy....

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Next2Bezee(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
At least PDP aren't throwing names around. They are just being honest.

Obasanjo's endorsement just goes to show that Nigerians are tired to the herdsmen supporting terrorists currently ruling the country.

I'm #Atikulated, and I have my pc ready; so do so many people I know. Let the BMC keep deceiving themselves.

Even that mannabbq guy won't see anyone to buy his suya come 2019.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Sirheny007(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
“The desire to remove Buhari from power is a pan-Nigerian movement.

Wrong.
The desire to send him back to Daura is a Pan-African movement.
#Backtodaura2019

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by gameova(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
@

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Kwamecron(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
Who en help?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by tstx(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
K
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by JayCynic(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
livelymatilda22:
PDP: There is hunger in the land. APC must GO! We must reclaim Nigeria from APC.

Me: Please which party was in power when Africa China sang "Mr. President"..... "food no dey, brother water no dey...." or when Eedris Abdulkareem sang "Jagajaga"...."Nigeria jagajaga...everything scatter scatter...poor man dey suffer suffer...."?

Which Party was in power when Falz sang:
"This is Nigeria,
Look how im living now
Look how we eating now
Everybody be Criminal"
The impact of this song was so felt that it created a viewership record on YouTube.

At least in OBJ's time Eedris could afford to make a song and promote it for it to hit as it did, but in Lifeless PMB's time, Eedris is somewhere in Kano working in a boutique that can't afford to keep him at 15K a Month, and African Chyna is in Benin Republic selling weed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by tstx(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
gameova:
Please who can help me with 2k for foodstuffs, really broke here 0087221630 diamond Bank

Na only for Naija Webosphere i dey see this kind things...

i guess we weren't named the poverty capital of the world for nothing.

Nigeria Overtakes India, now Extreme Poverty Capital of the World

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by kenzysmith: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
ode when he endorse buhari 2015 did he become an apc member he is now an elder statesman doesn't need to join any political party if atiku messes up again baba go see talk wait o since democracy 1999 na only baba done rule full eight years complete i now see that obj done swear for that seat atiku is a wise man that why he promise to do only one term before going ahead to beg obj make baba non go vex

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by yjgm(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
Na dem sabi. As far as I am concern, PMB till 2023.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by AdonaiAluminium: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
But he said he never left the party nah

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by osazeeblue01: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
OBJ. only support good governance.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Cryptocribhq: 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Kindly check my signature

Thanks
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Kwamecron(m): 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
A this Nigeria politician trying to export the poor of their money through all sort of scenarios, if I av had I will av given u oo... I need 2k too pls good Samaritans pls indicate and let's help ourself.
gameova:
Please who can help me with 2k for foodstuffs, really broke here 0087221630 diamond Bank
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Shehunoshewhat: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by yesloaded: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obasanjo baba iyabo
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Rexnegro(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
na una sabi
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Next2Bezee(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
gameova:

It looks like you have been begging since last year.

Professional beggar.
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by FYB(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
shocked
At OBJs level membership is not really important. His recommendation and support is more important than just being a member. He has agreed to work for PDP that's enough

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by dotcomnamename: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hahahahahahahah see Buhari enemies downgrading themselves.... grin

Wailers right now be like:

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by tunary(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
That's power for you
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Hardeysolution(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obasanjo my man.

Obasanjo forgave Atiku, will support Atiku but he made it so clear that Nigerians will have to forgive A-TI-KU that means they will vote for him. what exactly did Atiku do? Baba needs to tell us...

yet in Yoruba land, we know that if we vote Atiku, then "A-ti-ku" so because a fe ku, then we can't vote Atiku.

voting for Atiku, then A-TI-KU

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by hisexcellency34: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Why not apply for N-Power or join BMC? 30k per month guaranteed

gameova:

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by engrjacuzzi: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
ATIKULAtion is an OBILIgation
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by KanwuliaMama: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
May he never be a member!
Amen! kiss
He is not relevant!
Please, concentrate on the APC RIGGING MACHINE, and leave the POLITICALLY-OBSELETE APE ALONE! angry

OBJ is the proverbial ROTTEN FISH-HEAD in NIGERIAN POLITICS!

May he REST IN PIECES! Aminnnnnn ooooooooh! kiss
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by gameova(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why not apply for N-Power or join BMC? 30k per month guaranteed

Applied for N-Power last year during Nysc but i was rejected because i was still in service i guess. Will still apply this year if the opportunity comes up again
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Politicians, continue with the bloody games, use our brains to play football....suck us dry....we barely eat thrice daily, 1cup of garri 50# tomatoes of #300=6 pieces 50# each + one (jara) apple 100#=1....economy don fall....yet you guys travel for vacations every wknds...should we partake in political apathy
Re: Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP by Dinho20(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
yjgm:
Na dem sabi. As far as I am concern, ATIKU till 2023.
THANKS MAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Won’t Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Again With Buhari — PDP / Court Affirms Deregistration Of 74 Parties By INEC / Nigerian Senate To Debate Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.