Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,372 members, 7,917,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 07:52 PM

Was Nigeria Designed To Fail? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Nigeria Designed To Fail? (213 Views)

El-rufai: Obasanjo’s Second Term Was Nigeria’s Most Successful Period Economical / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Who Was Nigeria's Bravest Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was Nigeria Designed To Fail? by Quigley: 7:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Let's face it, Nigeria is a failed State. If you are writing a thesis and want to focus on a failed State, Nigeria will be the number one State. I will never forget how my sister went in on a professor who used Nigeria as an example of a failed State. The learned professor did this in class, and my sister being a champion of the country went in to defend her "nation". The joys in her heart, that rays of sunshine I saw in her face when she told me of this, I will never forget. She did her country a service in a foreign land according to her, defending her honors. Those rays of sunshine and the joys weren't in her eyes few years later. See, she finished her education, did her Masters in Business Administration and also Masters in Political science, came back to that Country she proudly defended and found the reality on ground. So when she stayed in Nigeria for four years and the best job she can get was one with a 70k naira a month pay, she had to call me to book her a flight to come back "home". She has never called The United States "home". A proud Nigerian she always was then, me? I don't give a shit about Nigeria, never have and never will. Want to know why? Because I am smart to know that Nigeria is a failed state, a failed country designed to fail.

This country is 58 years old, that's a long time for a serious country to have seen its goals and aspirations. I did write an essay in school, "Nigeria, like Africa is designed to fail". Are we watching the news? Following European News to be precise? Are we seeing the rates at which countries are rejecting multiculturalism? From the United Kingdom to Poland has a hard-right government, yet we are supposed to be happy and pretend that all is well with Nigeria? And Africa at large? There's this quote on Twitter, "It is funny how the same British who essentially created multicultural nations like Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria- and insist these nations MUST work, 'now insist that a multicultural Britain cannot work' America say the same thing and has the same thing and have the same policy towards African nations". The truth in this quote can give life. Now I don't know if a multicultural Britain can't or can work, but I know for sure, infact for 58 years, that a multicultural Nigeria and most African States can't work. That's a fact!!
Nigeria can actually be like the United Kingdom or The Netherlands, these countries has four Independent nations that make up one country. The UK with England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales and the Netherlands with Netherlands, Sint Martin, Aruba and Caracao. Belgium has regions, The French speaking Belgians have their region while Dutch speaking Belgians have Theirs!! This is how to run a country, can't we take a leave outta these countries since some people whom have gotten rich and wealthy illegally from our collective wealth now believes that the Unity of this shithole is non negotiable?

Nigeria will continue to be a failed State until we look ourselves in the eye and tell ourselves the hard truth. I remember someone saying on Nairaland here that the Tribe is an enemy of the State and I don't think I have seen anything more truthful. We really need to work, the earlier the better!!!!
Re: Was Nigeria Designed To Fail? by bluke(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
our leaders does not have leadership acumen to lead.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ibori, Former Delta State Governor Loses UK Appeal Over Fraud Conviction / Restructuring Of The Nigerian State: Implications For Development / Buhari Condemns Kaduna Violence, Ask Nigerians To Embrace Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.