Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,346 members, 7,932,265 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:10 PM

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: A Case Study In Influence Peddling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Ahmed Tinubu: A Case Study In Influence Peddling (332 Views)

Tinubu a poor man, my house better than his Bourdillon house - VP Shettima / 2023 Presidency: Ex-dss Boss, Minister In Influence Peddling Scam / President Buhari Warns Public Servants Against Influence Peddling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: A Case Study In Influence Peddling by hassanblaq: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2018
I don't like Tinubu. And I'm sure he doesn't even care what I think of him. However, I admire his understanding of the game of politics. Yes people, it's just a game. Don't get mad.

The last time this man held a political office was 2007. Just before 2011 elections, most of his contemporaries slumbered into the unknown and were forgotten. However, he trudged on creating new structures for his party to thrive on.

People keep saying Tinubu is a greedy leader who solely controls Lagos resources, and had greatly influenced the outcome of the just concluded Lagos primaries.

Well, if that’s your opinion, it's nothing far from the truth.

Just like every APC member in Lagos, Tinubu can only cast a vote once. However, what works for him is influence. Over the years, this man has successfully built his influence in every nook and cranny of the state and beyond.

Yes, politics is a game of numbers. But first, a game of influence. How many people can you influence to agree with you and follow in your direction? If you get that right, there’s certainly no way people would abandon you when you needed them the most.

With every step, Tinubu tested his influence from regional to state and federal levels. Despite some loggerheads, Fashola followed suit by understudying his master to become a man of the people, which would later earn him three ministries after an eight year term as governor of Lagos State.

Power is nothing without influence.

What Tinubu has isn't power to control Lagosians into doing his bidding; it's influence built on trust over the years.
Read about how he built that influence here: http://ajispeaks.com/2018/10/17/bola-ahmed-tinubu-a-case-study-in-influence-peddling/
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu: A Case Study In Influence Peddling by Dannyset(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2018
Tinubu didn't become a force to reckon with in Nigerian politics overnight, neither did he get the influence on a platter of gold. No, he fought for it and eventually earned it. He studied the political terrain of Nigeria. The political culture and the political economy(this especially, despite his perceived greed is the reason why any candidate he puts forward in Lagos and any southwest state has always been a performer).

Whether you accept it or not, every party want to have him on its side. Not because of his massive followership across board but because he knows how to play the game. He understands what to apply and how to apply it and get results. He knows the right call to make and never take anyone for granted.

He is not always a winner and this is owned to the fact that you win some and lose some. But he makes sure winning is all that matters as a politician.

As long as the man called Tinubu is still part of this great Country's political class and actively involved too, his influence cannot be overemphasized.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu: A Case Study In Influence Peddling by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 17, 2018
Go suck his cork then... Di'ck angry

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Mama Taraba Attacks And Ransacks Taraba APC Office, Cart Away With Com / I Respect Goodluck Jonathan For Accepting Defeat In 2015 – Buhari / Kaduna Court Grants Restraining Order Against Lawal Bugebuge, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.