Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,509 members, 7,904,942 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? (6240 Views)

How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone? / How Long Can You Do Without Active Internet On Your Smartphone? / How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by UgoManchester(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2018
MVLOX:
i can do without a smart phone but not without a browsing phone
You make sense

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 18, 2018
only if my Vaseline isn't finished ;Dj
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2018
Mine is different, My phone is addicted to me. It's can't do without not wanting me to fiddle with it otherwise it would keep crying in form of ringtones and notification tones.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by freemi(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2018
since bb days, i hvnt got moni 2 buy an android fone til date, using a smal nokia.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by adioolayi(m): 8:04am On Oct 18, 2018
Sometimes, I wonder how we were able to cope when there was no mobile communication...
Those days you will be out of cash and trek kilometers to visit those promising uncles or aunties, only to reach their home and found out they have travelled to only God knows where...lol. You go take deep breath and sadly embark on your journey back home.

Those period you will have to hang around your crush houses and their possible routes to await the time their parents will send them on errand so that you can have the opportunity to discuss... grin

Those period that ones you graduate from secondary school and university, you are certain to lose your close pals, because they can relocate from their homes and area you know of grin

But then, we cope and back then we don't feel something was missing....Telecommunications has really improved lot of things...life is better and now we are even getting addicted to the mobile phone.. we can't just do without them. Life!

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by JobNoticer: 8:07am On Oct 18, 2018
I cant go beyond 5mins unless their is no light

APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITIES NOW

7Up Bottling Company Recruitment – Graduate Sales Executive

APPLY HERE NOW!

Graduate Interns Recruitment At PropertyPro.Ng

APPLY HERE NOW!

Graduate Trainee Programme 2018/2019 At KPMG Nigeria

APPLY HERE NOW!

Service Centre Agent Recruitment At GIG Logistics

APPLY HERE NOW!

GTBank Tech Academy Program 2018

APPLY HERE NOW!

Procurement Officer Job At West Africa Container Terminal

APPLY HERE NOW!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by cassyrooy(m): 8:11am On Oct 18, 2018
Back in May my phone stopped working entirely, I went 6wks before getting another, it was hell but I lived sha. But anything farther than 2months will tell on me drastically.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by justpeehay(m): 8:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Come on. That's my office for crying out loud
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Albinoflash(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2018
I have stayed a year and six months without a smart phone and am coping though i have a browsing phone .but would neva had believed i could stay a day without my smartphone.when life sucks we learn n adapt.money do me bad tin sha.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by SUXXI(m): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2018
I don't have a browsing phone for a very long time and my clients starting getting so angry with me for not being online.I told them no money to buy phone.They advised me to find a way because they need me to be online.I have been offline for about 6 months plus.
I can not be addicted to phone as I have super control based on video game addiction many years ago which is now under control.I am in control but with no phone, a lot of my clients is in correct soup so I am using a borrowed phone for now to post this and attention to my clients.
I am an IT Support Professional with no android phone.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Culin(f): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2018
Right now I'm on a streak of 5 weeks cool not intentional or easy but It has helped me focus on other aspects of my life.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by officialJP(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2018
My phone that's what am using grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by azpekuliar: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2018
Currently in my sixth month without one. There was life before the coming of smartphones.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by homirefacuny(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2018
hemartins:
I fear not having my phone with me.
I use it in my dreams too.
World people grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by chocboi78(m): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2018
2hours.... So I can charge it..
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by ShinyJay22(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2018
I've been quite lucky with smart phones of recent. I lost one last year as a result of a bad charger that ended up frying the board of my phone and as if that was a fluck i bought one this February (leagoo kiica power) and it got damaged in september when a colleague who was in a mood för rough play struck my phone with a cane and that ended up fcukin my phones board up permanently.I nearly ran mad that wêëk infact our relationship has been kind of strained ever since (although i've forgiven her). Anyways i'm båck to using a smaller phone and life goes on.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by frankfrancis871: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2018
I'm currently using nokia c2, do it mean I'm old school?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7976813_lolo_jpeg7fb2296ac808a8b328bb26cb1417eb2d
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by kungfuzi: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2018
Well for me, I work in place where there is full internet facility and I can just do any thing on the internet before the close of work. For close to a year now my smart phone was snatched in Berger-Iyana Oworo Bus-stop and since then, I have lived even more peacefully at home than before. No unnecessary mails of call for duty after work hour; my boss knows I have no internet access. with that I have freed myself from some undue work load and pressure.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by hemartins(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2018
homirefacuny:

World people grin
How your mata
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by homirefacuny(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2018
hemartins:

How your mata

Chai.. Savage master. I give up on you grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by lordmario(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2018
Been without a smart phone now for more than 7months
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Iamprodigy01(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2018
sisiMOJI:

This question will have most of you saying “I can live indefinitely without my smartphone” but then a second thought creeps in real fast; “really can I do that?”

So you reach into your pocket or bag for your phone – and get that immediate shock of panic when - it’s not there. Your brain does a perfect job of overthinking and retracing every step you took before that moment. Your stomach lurches. Your heart races. In this era of social media, it’s even sad that you can’t post your missing phone status on WhatsApp or tweet about your loss.
The sad truth is we might all literally go crazy for a minute or two when we realize our smartphone is missing or not within our reach. Thoughts like the phone is going off with calls, texts, news alerts and social media notifications every few seconds just keeps crossing your mind.
With the advent of technology and the birth of smartphones, these devices are now likened to babies that need utmost care. With every beep and dings, we are smitten by the reassuring warmth that we still own a device that can connect us to the rest of the world and with every scratch and fall, we are angered at the amount of money that needs to leave our pocket for the repair of such damage.
Then why are smartphones so indispensable in our lives?
1. It’s a fast way to talk to special people for as long as you want

Look around you for a second, half of the people you can see are on their smartphones, either chatting or making calls. Why wouldn’t we love smartphones then? These little robots in rectangular shapes enables us to communicate information really fast without having to travel miles apart to do so in person.
2. It’s the perfect escape from boredom

Are you bored? With different apps made available at your fingertips through smartphones, it’s easy to pick up your phone and quick launch apps like Twitter, Instagram to join in on interesting conversations and images that makes you forget your current situation.
3. It’s a portable camera for capturing perfect moments

Gone are the days of carrying DSLR cameras around when you can easily access a camera on your phone. Thanks to trends like selfies, fun moments are not left undocumented.

However, has blissful and fun having a smartphone sounds, it's becoming a problem when you can’t do any of these things due to low battery capacity. Yes, a charger solves the problem or power bank but hey, why put yourself through all that trouble when you can get a smartphone that can function 72 hours of uninterrupted fun like the itel P32. The itel P32 flaunts an enormous 4000mAH battery that can last 4 days on 1 single charge along with the quality camera, multi-functional fingerprint sensor, Android 8.1(Go edition) amongst other features and it’s affordable.
So when we are still quizzing ourselves about not going too long without a smartphone or not, don’t forget to purchase a premium quality like itel P32.

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by paix(m): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
I can do without it for as long as I want. Anything addiction, I keep it at bay.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by melodyogonna(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
My mom will soon call pastors to deliver me from the spirit of phones cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by InansBobo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
for as long as its dead or I'm sub-dead
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by sureinfo: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
melodyogonna:
My mom will soon call pastors to deliver me from the spirit of phones cheesy
call pastors ke? what will they now call when you get to use the #18KGoldCover device by tecno mobile?

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by seangy4konji: 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
Only a pistol can take this phone from me.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Yyvonne: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
A week without my spark 2 and I'll fall sick
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by Goldyyy: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
"Nah phone go kill you"... That's what people tell me all the time... And I'm like go get yourself a camon x and you'll know watsup
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by bravesoul247(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2018
I can go a day or two with out my Smartphone but it's hard Especially when you have a device with gold covers
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? by bravesoul247(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2018
lordmario:
Been without a smart phone now for more than 7months
and the one you're commenting with is?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Dstv / Gionee Android Phone Price In Nigeria – Cheap On Jumia / MTN Is Giving Out Free 4GB Data To Their Customers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.