Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

Recruitment Into Civil Service, Ors: Akwa Ibom Youths Commend Gov Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruitment Into Civil Service, Ors: Akwa Ibom Youths Commend Gov Udom (243 Views)

EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos / 'INEC Rec Is Working For PDP, Redeploy Him': Akwa Ibom Youths Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Civil Service, Ors: Akwa Ibom Youths Commend Gov Udom by Tom18: 9:36am On Oct 18, 2018
Recruitment Into Civil Service, Ors: Akwa Ibom Youths Commend Gov Udom

By Tom FredFish

Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state has again scored another highpoint in creating employment opportunities and empowering Akwa Ibom people with the ongoing recruitment exercise of hundreds of people into the state civil service.

A cardinal point of Udom administration is job creation. Others are: poverty alleviation, wealth creation, economic and political inclusion and infrastructural consolidation and expansion.

Governor Udom has therefore left no stone unturned in the last three and half years to ensure that Akwa Ibom youths are gainfully employed and empowered to rise to the cradle of greatness thus with the ongoing recruitment, the youths in unison says he has done more than enough to deserve an automatic second term.

This is an undisputable evidence on ground as recorded by TCM. According to a youth leader in Nung Uduo Itak, in Ikono local government area who introduced himself as Ebong to TCM, "no governor has created job opportunities in the state since its creation than Governor Udom Emmanuel." He noted that since Governor Udom assumed office in 2015, he has offered Akwa Ibom people the opportunity to excel in the state through various recruitment and training programmes.

For Iboro Adaisi, a resident of Uyo and public affairs commentator, Governor Udom has shown that he is a man of his words and of good intentions for Akwa Ibom youths. He observed that there are more job opportunities in Akwa Ibom state presently than anywhere else in the country.

"Apart from the number of Akwa Ibom youths who have been gainfully employed in various industries under this administration, Governor Udom without taking cognizance of the overhead cost employed hundreds of teaching and non teaching staff at the Akwa Ibom University, AKSU in 2016; the State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, in 2017 the College of Education, Afaha Nsit, 2018 and secondary and primary school teachers have been engaged; do we need Jesus Christ to come down to earth and tell our people that this governor has performed incredibly well in terms of job creation", he asked rhytorically?

Noah Udo, an indigene of Ikot Akpan Essien, Oruk Anam local government area could not hold back tears when he attempted to speak with TCM. After getting control of himself, he described governor Udom as "godsent and a savour of man on earth". He adumbrated that upon graduation in 2012, he had searched for gainful employment to no avail and that during the last administration of Senator Godswill Akpabio, he could not secure a job because he did not know anybody in "high places" but he is very glad to have secured a job in Udom administration without any connection whatsoever.

"When I heard on radio that the construction of a metering company was going on in Onna, Akwa Ibom state, I decided to apply for a job there. To be honest, I applied to fulfill all righteousness because I did not know anyone and I was not sure of being employed but I was surprised when I got a call for an interview. It sounded like a dream but I can tell you that I was among the first set of people who were flown out of the country for training. As I speak, I am a staff of the metering company, my life and fortune has changed and I am now the bread winner of my extended family. You can see why I broke down in tears earlier on, God bless Governor Udom Emmanuel, I cannot repay him in anyway but as for me and my family, our votes are intact for him come 2019", he concluded with tears rolling down from his eyes.

If you think that Noah Udo story is touching, then listen to Idara Akpan (real name withheld), who was a sex worker at the popular Ewet housing entrance nicknamed after Maitama, a street in the nation's capital, Abuja.

Hear her: "My brothers, what the Lord has done for me using Governor Udom, I cannot say it all in one day. I use to work at Maitama (if you know what I mean) for seven good years. I tried several times to leave that treacherous job, but could not secure a decent job because I have no connections to be gainfully employed. Most times I try to apply in hotels where my client take me to but the managers want referee's physical presence and I don't have anyone that could vouch for me. But one day, as l stood at my normal point, a client droveby and asked me to meet him at the front, as I got there, stood outside his car to negotiate, I saw a building where they wrote 'Bureau for Technical Matters and Due Process'. I went there the next day to drop my application. To cut my long story short. I was called for an interview without knowing anyone, I am now working at the Syringe Industry to God be the glory. I left that Maitama job for good and I am now a decent woman. I bless Governor Udom for creating this opportunity that has turned my life around. Because of Governor Udom I have registered and gotten my PVC to vote for the first time in my life inorder to reciprocate the goodness done to me by voting him back to office. If he go back for a second term, I believe he would do to others what he has done for me. God bless Governor Udom", she concluded with an emotion ladened voice.

With the testimonies and commendations by Akwa Ibom youths, there is no doubt that governor Udom has scored a great feat when evaluating one of his 5-agenda - job creation.

The "essence of government lies in Governor Udom application of the utilitarilism model which posit that the morally best action is the one that makes the most overall happiness of the people, thus Governor Udom is fufiling the happiness of a greater number of citizenry", says Claire George a public affairs commentator.

(1) (Reply)

Dream Car 2019-PMB Again / Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Reacts After His Appearance In Jerusalem / No Comment On Fayose, Wait For Developments, EFCC Tells Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.