Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History (866 Views)

Naira Marley Daughter Boasts About Her Father’s Money / Basketmouth Hails Davido For 'Singlehandedly' Taking Nigeria To World Cup / Jude Okoye Reacts To World Cup Final Match, Throws Shade At African Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by chidima2019: 3:38am On Oct 19, 2018
Bob Marley is one of Jamaica’s favourite sons, but it is the late musician’s daughter who is revelling in the nation’s latest sporting success.

Jamaica has become the first Caribbean team to qualify for a women’s football World Cup and it’s Cedella Marley – the first-born daughter of Bob – who the Reggae Girlz have to thank.

In 2010, their team ceased to exist, only for Marley to come on board four years later as an ambassador and sponsor with the Bob Marley Foundation and help turn their fortunes around.

That turnaround was completed in Texas on Wednesday evening, when Jamaica defeated Panama on penalties in the CONCACAF Women’s Championship third-place play-off – a feat that has been described in the Jamaican press as “almost super-human”.

Twice Jamaica took the lead over Panama and twice the Central Americans equalised, before Dominique Bond-Flasza scored the winning spot-kick to send the ‘Reggae Girlz’ to next year’s World Cup in France.

“Big up to Cedella Marley for putting her neck on the line for us,” head coach Hue Menzie said after the game.

However, it was far from easy watching the drama unfold Marley told BBC World Service: “There were a couple of moments when I had to leave the room (watching the match) because I was going light-headed.

“I went outside and started to meditate. By the time the last penalty went in we were all on the floor. Daddy would probably not be surprised, when I put my foot into something stuff happens. He’d be like, ‘that’s my girl’.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/bob-marleys-daughter-inspires-reggae.html

Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by frankzone: 5:04am On Oct 19, 2018
Awesome stuff
Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by xbernardx(m): 5:05am On Oct 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by marshalldgreat(m): 5:30am On Oct 19, 2018
Great
Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by chriskosherbal(m): 5:34am On Oct 19, 2018
There must be "I must be great gene " in that family .. cheesy

That's cool ..
Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by Elnino4ladies: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2018
Bomboclaaaattttttttt!!!! jah bless em
Re: Bob Marley’s Daughter Inspires Reggae Girlz To World Cup History by segebase(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2018
gbam

(1) (Reply)

Chioma Avril Rowland Reveals Secret Behind Her Amazing Chef Skill / Just Like Bbnaija Nina, Afrocandy Lay Dangerous Curse On An Ig Hacker / Nollywood Top Producer Oby Olebara – Uzoukwu Marks Birthday In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.