Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,779 members, 7,969,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:38 AM

Daddy Issues - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Daddy Issues (427 Views)

My Sugar Daddy And I (Chapter 1) / Super Sweetheart Of The CEO Daddy! A Story / Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Issues by Didilicious: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2018
DADDY ISSUES
•[color=#990000][/color]Chapter 1•

As if by command I had woken from my sleep and I looked around me as my brain frantically tried to register where I was.As the last curtain of sleep dissipated from my eyes,I realized where i was.SIGH.I was in my room but wait was that noise coming from the hall??Was that what woke me up ?? I shook my head.Must have been something else.I’m literally a log when I sleep,it will take the trumpet on the judgment day to wake me up.I stood up and walked towards the hall but the noise grew louder and louder.I could hear two people talking.Dad and mum??i rolled my eyes.They must be fighting again.It has been happening one too many times this week.

I peeped through the lace curtains and i could see mum on her knees,her mostly held up hair flying in all directions with tears from her eyes and the whole Red Sea from her nose.Dad was holding a luggage checking his pockets for what I presumed to be his car keys.Alas he found it.Mum quickly stood up and tried to block his way but Dad was way too strong.He held her by the hair and threw her out of his way.My 15 year old heart skipped a beat! I had never seen him this angry before.What was happening??Before he could get out of the door finally,mum rushed there to him again and this time around she received a hefty punch to her face which saw her sprawling on the floor with blood coming out of her nose.I quickly rushed to her side screaming.Her eyes were closed and she lay there lifeless and as I turned to look in Dad’s direction, I noticed he hadn’t even looked back.Not even a single glance back.In that moment a light flicked on in me.I turned into something,something....

Present Day
A decade later
Airport Hills Residential Area
Accra,Ghana
06 : 42 pm

I kicked off my shoes as I entered the living room.It was always a relief to finally get them off after a long,tiring,day.I went straight to the kitchen to get a glass of wine and walked back to the living room.Mmmm Life was good and I was living it.I was a vibrant well to do 25 year old woman who could buy anything she wanted.I was gorgeous with all the right curves in all the right places.I had the best suitors trying to take me out.I had the best shoes and clothes in my closet that’s like a whole house with the Guccis and the Chanels,hunnie you just name it,I had them all.Everything in my closet had prices ranging from 5000 dollars to a whooping 800,000.My most prized possession is my Marilyn Monroe gown,the same stone studded one she had worn on JFK’s birthday to sing him a happy birthday.I got it for 4.8million dollars at an auction in Los Angeles and i remember the smirk on my face when I won it.The other women were so green with envy and I could feel their penetrating eyes burning my beautiful brown skin as I stood up to go home but what they didn’t know is I’m made of fire,fire can’t burn me.It beats me how these old cargos can be so messy in their 50s and 60s when they should be home looking after their grandchildren.I dramatically swayed my hips in my perfectly tailored burgundy Prada dress to anger them the more and ouuuu if looks could kill I know would have dropped dead there and then haaaha! Talk about the devil wears Prada!! And oh I was the devil....HERSELF

You know I’ve always laughed when people tag the devil as a man because I’m a woman so how is that?? You don’t believe I’m the devil?Hold that thought,I’ll give you a reason soon.I took another sip of the wine,a longer one this time and reached over for my phone.13 missed calls from Mr Benson?Can this dude give me a fucking break?? I was really trying not to mess his life up and here he was pushing me to the wall.His wife is a nice woman and i’d really hate to break her home.Last time at the supermarket she had offered to help me carry my groceries.Lovely,lovely woman.I wasn’t going to hurt her but her husband was making it so damn hard.Men! I proceeded to microwave the last 3 pieces of pizza from last night and I instantly thought of my mother and how she’d complain if she knew I was living off junk food.Oh I’d die for a home cooked meal right this minute but that was out of reach and I knew it.Ughh! I made a mental note to pass by my mum’s later to grab something but right about now I had some very important things to take care of.I dialed a number on my phone and the click click sound my long nails made weirdly brought a sense of satisfaction. “Mr. Parker’s residence.” The voice was male,crisp and clear. “Hi” I said. “I’m calling to RSVP for the ball tonight”. He sounded excited “You’re the first and we’re thrilled you’re coming! I suppose you have the directions,Montana Avenue...” I interrupted him midway “Yes I do,I know the place”. He cleared his throat, “Great,we’ll see you there” I hung up. I smiled to myself YES YOU’LL SEE ME ha it would be impossible to miss me tonight,my dress would make sure of that.Frank hadn’t exaggerated when he told me how exquisite this piece was.I gasped when I tried it on,it was everything and I repeat EVERYTHING! The fabric,the colors,the length..lord! I was dressing to kill tonight. Bang,bang!!!.. I rushed off to freshen up.This was a do or die affair and I was ready for war.

(1) (Reply)

The Bog Boys Club / Financial Article Writers Needed. / Do What You Love, The Money Will Come; Why Motivational Speakers Need To Be Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.