Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:35 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (443413 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ezinwaJesu(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2021
Hello, where do you check case status. On CEAC ?

daisydamsy:

Check your case status. The page will indicate if it’s “ready” or still “at NVC”.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
Somalino:

It's only showing me that my case was received on April 6th 2021.
It didn't say if my case is being processed,ready or at NVC

Please I need more clarification

Track your case here;

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
ezinwaJesu:
Hello, where do you check case status. On CEAC ?

Check your status here;

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

You can proceed to book your interview once it says “ready”.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 5:19am On Dec 08, 2021
Good day house, My fiancée called the NVC Yesterday and she was given the case Number and an invoice number. The Case Number begins with LSG********. And the invoice number I tried to track it but to my surprise it only tracked under IMMIGRANT VISA instead of Tracking Under NON Immigrant Visa. what does this implies and for those who got ready is it and things it’s showing at your end ?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ezinwaJesu(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mine is showing the same. My fiancee had called NVC late last month and they informed her US embassy gave instruction to temporarily stop sending cases from NVC. So I guess the status is showing that the case is still there and has not been sent.

On the issue of tracking under immigrant Visa, I suspect that even though the visa category for K1 is non-immigrant, it might be processed on the same platform with other immigrant like spousal. That is why you have those instruction under "AT NVC", because NVC processes both Immigrant and K1. I also noticed on their website, they don't clearly differentiate between the two while
giving instructions. Gurus in the house can throw more light.

LakesidesNG:
Good day house, My fiancée called the NVC Yesterday and she was given the case Number and an invoice number. The Case Number begins with LSG********. And the invoice number I tried to track it but to my surprise it only tracked under IMMIGRANT VISA instead of Tracking Under NON Immigrant Visa. what does this implies and for those who got ready is it and things it’s showing at your end ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by gibsonwales(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
I applied for a US immigrant VISA and I was given an interview date (16th-November-2020) but was later cancelled due to covid restrictions. Since then, I'm yet to get a new appointment date. My last case update was on 28th July 2021 and it says "YOUR CASE IS READY FOR INTERVIEW WHEN SCHEDULED AT THE US CONSULAR SECTION..e.t.c" I've uploaded every necessary documents and done everything required

How can I go about it, please anyone ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adex3mj: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2021
Pls how can i send money to my fiance from Nigeria cos I was told in the bank the CBN have ban sending western or moneygram to other country that we can only receive ..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adex3mj: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2021
Pls how can i send money to my fiance from Nigeria cos I was told in the bank that CBN have ban sending western or moneygram to other country that we can only receive ..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Adex3mj:
Pls how can i send money to my fiance from Nigeria cos I was told in the bank that CBN have ban sending western or moneygram to other country that we can only receive ..
if u r into crypto send her usdt she will sale it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Somalino: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adex3mj: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Bro pls check your email
sharpman1:
Guys,

I think it is important and helpful for us to share our interview questions or transcripts for others to learn irrespective of the outcome. I say thank you to those that have shared theirs in the past and also encourage those that have not to please share. It is always helpful and insightful. Others can learn from mistakes and be better prepared regarding the type of documentation that will be useful.

I had my interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents which i did the next day (June 25) as i had them at home but did not think they were useful or needed for the interview. They have not gotten back to me yet.....and I submitted what was requested a month ago.

See the interview questions below:

1. What is your relationship with your petitioner

2. Tell me what you know about her

3. Who does she live with?

4. Was she married before? No

5. Does she have any child? No

6. Do you have pictures of you together? Yes (i had over 20 new pictures plus the over 40 i submitted with the initial petition)

7. Tell me about the last argument you had together?

8. Do you have pictures of you and your son together? I don't have them here

9. Where is his mother?

10. Any secondary evidence of your ex-wife's death aside the death certificate?

11. Who proposed? How did you propose?

12. When / where are you going to get married?

After all the questions....she says

Before i can approve your visa, I need to see some secondary evidence.

1. I have your ex-wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but i need additional secondary evidence like program for funeral, death notification, screenshot of social media posts, pictures, etc.

2. I have your son's birth certificate but I need to be sure of your relationship with your son. So send pictures of you together at different times of his life. She also asked for his hospital records / immunization records but i told her i could not get those for some reasons.....she said okay send pictures.

So if you have kids, know that they may ask for more than birth certificates. If you lost a spouse, they may ask for more than death certificates and so on.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by daisydamsy: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
I finally got my passport today. Ikoyi office. Whew! Just in time.

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by pointednose: 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello all,

Please anyone know the birth certificate that is acceptable for the petition and NVC stages.

Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ezinwaJesu(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Gentlemen in the house. Have you been waiting for NVC in the past 2 to 3 months. Is your case file yet to be mailed to the US embassy in Lagos or Abuja and you are still waiting and not sure what is going on. The attached is the latest development with regards to Omicron variant. I pray we don't go through the same delay at the peak of COVID-19 in 2020. Not funny at all.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adex3mj: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Does age matter in k1 visa she's 51 am 38 .. 13years age difference hope thats not a problem
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MhizzB: 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hi everyone, Compliments of the season. I'm a bit confused and have some questions. I met a white guy on a dating app and he is very serious about me and wants us to get married next year. He wants me to visits the USA and meet his parents first before he comes down to Nigeria for the trad and wedding,but from what I read it looks like it's going to be easier for him to come to Nigeria first. I would like to know what you guys think would be easier. He is 34 and I am 25. Should he come to Nigeria first so we could have evidence of meeting and if possible apply for a K1 visa?. How easy would it be for me to get a visit visa to stay for like 15days,wouldn't the reason for visit seem weak?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ezinwaJesu(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
If you can meet all the stringent requirements to secure a B1/B2 visa at this COVID period, then visiting him may be a good idea. Where that is not a feasible option, the best bet will be for him to visit Nigeria and meet with you and your family members with different pictures to enable him go back to the US and file a k1 petition for you. If I were you, I will convince him to visit Nigeria. Either way, you still make the decision.

Cheers.

MhizzB:
Hi everyone, Compliments of the season. I'm a bit confused and have some questions. I met a white guy on a dating app and he is very serious about me and wants us to get married next year. He wants me to visits the USA and meet his parents first before he comes down to Nigeria for the trad and wedding,but from what I read it looks like it's going to be easier for him to come to Nigeria first. I would like to know what you guys think would be easier. He is 34 and I am 25. Should he come to Nigeria first so we could have evidence of meeting and if possible apply for a K1 visa?. How easy would it be for me to get a visit visa to stay for like 15days,wouldn't the reason for visit seem weak?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adex3mj: 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
[Does age matter in k1 visa she's 51 am 38 .. 13years age difference hope thats not a problem..... author=ezinwaJesu post=108813120]If you can meet all the stringent requirements to secure a B1/B2 visa at this COVID period, then visiting him may be a good idea. Where that is not a feasible option, the best bet will be for him to visit Nigeria and meet with you and your family members with different pictures to enable him go back to the US and file a k1 petition for you. If I were you, I will convince him to visit Nigeria. Either way, you still make the decision.

Cheers.

[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MhizzB: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks, already told him. His words were ""So I come first. Get all the pictures, propose and then come back and file the k-1? I just don’t know if during that period when I’m waiting for approval if you can come to stay or visit
ezinwaJesu:
If you can meet all the stringent requirements to secure a B1/B2 visa at this COVID period, then visiting him may be a good idea. Where that is not a feasible option, the best bet will be for him to visit Nigeria and meet with you and your family members with different pictures to enable him go back to the US and file a k1 petition for you. If I were you, I will convince him to visit Nigeria. Either way, you still make the decision.

Cheers.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
Guys nawa ooo we never post for long. Merry 2021 Christmas and have an awesome new year!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hey guys, my EAD and travel document case was approved yesterday. smiley wink

7 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
Congratulations bro
anduyo:
Hey guys, my EAD and travel document case was approved yesterday. smiley wink
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2022
SmartJac:
Congratulations bro

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2022
Congrats Bro , and welcome to the waiting list for the next stage.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MT: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hello All. My brother's fiance (US citizen) filed for a fiance visa on September 20 for my brother. Receipt was acknowledged on September 23, 2021 and a Receipt number (starting with WAC....) was sent via text message. Till date, no case number or anything. We used the receipt to track on this website, - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do - and "Case was received" message acknowledging the receipt of the petition was displayed.

Is this normal? How soon does it take to get a case number or is the receipt number the same as case number? January 23, 2022 will make the 4th month and nothing has been heard. Can someone with a similar experience please responsd.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
LakesidesNG:
Congrats Bro , and welcome to the waiting list for the next stage.
Thanks but what waiting list or do you mean green card?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
MT:
Hello All. My brother's fiance (US citizen) filed for a fiance visa on September 20 for my brother. Receipt was acknowledged on September 23, 2021 and a Receipt number (starting with WAC....) was sent via text message. Till date, no case number or anything. We used the receipt to track on this website, - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do - and "Case was received" message acknowledging the receipt of the petition was displayed.

Is this normal? How soon does it take to get a case number or is the receipt number the same as case number? January 23, 2022 will make the 4th month and nothing has been heard. Can someone with a similar experience please responsd.

Thanks

That’s the same thing I’m experiencing today makes 115-Days now I got case as been approved on my status
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MT: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
LakesidesNG:

That’s the same thing I’m experiencing today makes 115-Days now I got case as been approved on my status

Are you using receipt number as well? Do you have a case number yet? You are lucky, you are awaiting your file to be transferred to the US embassy in Lagos.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
MT:

Thanks
if u have d NOA2 u need to call NVC to get ur case number which start wit LGS
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Airboy333:
if u have d NOA2 u need to call NVC to get ur case number which start wit LGS

But I already got this and the reference number from them but yet no update ?? What else’s should be done aftermath.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
LakesidesNG:

But I already got this and the reference number from them but yet no update ?? What else’s should be done aftermath.
(wait) still u see transit then it will change to ready. As for me I don change my name to patience oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.