Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,631 members, 7,934,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 03:54 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (454974 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Portex: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Airboy333:
put ur occupation as self-employed ( put the business u do )

Thanks for your response. Is it important to register my business or it doesn’t matter?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Portex: 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
funfortune24:
Good evening everyone. I just came across this thread today
God bless everyone who has dropped a comment or answer questions. They are quite helpful.
My fiancee and I started dating in Feb 2020
We applied for K1 in April 2021 after her visit in Feb/March. Acceptance mail from USCIS was April 13th 2021.
Approval mail was May 13th 2022.
The mail stated that my Fiancee was to get a mail from NVC with 30 days of USCIS approval but we are yet to get any till date.
Did anyone experience this kind of delay too? Shld we be worried?
What can I be doing pending the waiting period? All answers will be appreciated please.

We had plans to do a traditional wedding last December but we couldn't so we postponed it to August this year. Will this in anyway affect the VISA processing?
I saw a note somewhere that @Airboy advised the guy to remain single and not have any TM or registry and the likes
Thank you

I think getting married will defeat the aim of K1 visa. So, you guys should hold on till you are through with your visa interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:05am On Jun 22, 2022
Portex:

Thanks for your response. Is it important to register my business or it doesn’t matter?
doesn’t
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:10am On Jun 22, 2022
funfortune24:
Good evening everyone. I just came across this thread today
God bless everyone who has dropped a comment or answer questions. They are quite helpful.
My fiancee and I started dating in Feb 2020
We applied for K1 in April 2021 after her visit in Feb/March. Acceptance mail from USCIS was April 13th 2021.
Approval mail was May 13th 2022.
The mail stated that my Fiancee was to get a mail from NVC with 30 days of USCIS approval but we are yet to get any till date.
Did anyone experience this kind of delay too? Shld we be worried?
What can I be doing pending the waiting period? All answers will be appreciated please.

We had plans to do a traditional wedding last December but we couldn't so we postponed it to August this year. Will this in anyway affect the VISA processing?
I saw a note somewhere that @Airboy advised the guy to remain single and not have any TM or registry and the likes
Thank you
call NVC to get ur case number and ID . 603) 334-0888‬
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by shariaston(f): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2022
LegitBachelor:
I think it took me 9 months to get my conditional greencard. And yes, I and my wife were invited for interview before they approved my greencard.

Mine took 6months and 1 week from the time of application (AOS $ EAD). I was approved for AOS (Conditional Green card) straight..never got EAD.

My wife and I attended the interview. The interviewer was an Army Vet and my wife works for the Army, so they just spent time talking about Army stuffs. Normally they don't tell you whether you are approved or not during the interview..but the guy tell me say him approve me 5mins into the interview...it lasted about 15mins.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
Airboy333:
call NVC to get ur case number and ID . 603) 334-0888‬

Thank you @Airboy333.

I tried the number today and was told the line has been suspended for inquiries.

I've submitted an inquiry form already but that's going to take another 2 months or so to get a response.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 1:38am On Jun 23, 2022
I doubt if you need to submit any inquiries this time, just keep trying the number especially by 9am (Nigeria time) on the dot. It takes a while but you will get across to someone
funfortune24:

Thank you @Airboy333.

I tried the number today and was told the line has been suspended for inquiries.

I've submitted an inquiry form already but that's going to take another 2 months or so to get a response.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by omoyankee3(m): 6:16am On Jun 23, 2022
I'm a US citizen; can I apply for greencards for my siblings living in Nigeria?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Good day everyone I went for my interview today and I was approved
I was the first person to get to embassy 4:30 and I was the first approval of day in all the immigrants visa today .
Interview question……
When and where did u met ur fiancée and what year
How many times did my fiancée visit me
The address my fiancée live
Have I been married b4 same as my fiancée
Have been arrested b4
The work my fiancée do
The work I do
Do I have any child same as my fiancée
What is the name of my joint sponsor…. He told me ur visa is approved gave me the white paper where to pick up my passport and visa I was sooooooo happy inside my nose Max. All this question was not up to 2 minutes I swear. I wish everyone waiting for approval success and pls go with ur W2 if u have it because my W2 was collected and if ur fiancée or fiancé is self employed go wit d 1099 form ..

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ifeanyichukwu42: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Airboy333:
I was the first person to get to embassy 4:30 and I was the first approval of day in all the immigrants visa today .
Interview question……
Have been
The work my fiancée do
The work I do
What is the name of my joint sponsor…. He told me ur visa is approved gave me the white paper where to pick up my passport and visa I was sooooooo happy inside my nose Max. All this question was not up to 2 minutes I swear. I wish everyone waiting for approval success and pls go with ur W2 if u have it because my W2 was collected

Air boy welcome to America

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ifeanyichukwu42:

Air boy welcome to America
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Congratulations to Airboy! Please what is W2? Please does anyone know the Nebraska center address? Because, I'll like to file soon.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
Donbisco2010:
Congratulations to Airboy! Please what is W2? Please does anyone know the Nebraska center address? Because, I'll like to file soon.
just ask the petitioner is a Supportive document to support ur tax . But not everyone in the US do get W2 if u r self employ u don’t get but u get 1099 form for self employ…..

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Airboy333:
just ask the petitioner is a Supportive document to support ur tax . But not everyone in the US do get W2 if u r self employ u don’t get but u get 1099 form for self employ…..
Please i thought there are various centres... And I've seen some comments above where people advice the petitioner to file at Nebraska because it's faster. Are you saying I'll have to go through the Texas centre..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Holami28: 1:22am On Jun 24, 2022
Airboy333:
Interview question……
Have been arrested b4
The work my fiancée do
The work I do
What is the name of my joint sponsor…. He told me ur visa is approved gave me the white paper where to pick up my passport and visa I was sooooooo happy inside my nose Max. All this question was not up to 2 minutes I swear. I wish everyone waiting for approval success and pls go with ur W2 if u have it because my W2 was collected

Congratulations to you. So you mean they collected your w2 and also collected your tax return transcripts for each year? And whats years did they collect. Also does your joint sponsor be related to your fiancée and did she make enough up to 125% poverty guideline and u still decided to get one or she doesn’t make up to so u had to get one and so they asked?
Apologies for asking too much ��
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ifeanyichukwu42: 2:12am On Jun 24, 2022
Donbisco2010:
Please i thought there are various centres... And I've seen some comments above where people advice the petitioner to file at Nebraska because it's faster. Are you saying I'll have to go through the Texas centre..

You have no control over the service centre where you want your application to be processed. It is only USCIS that could determine the service centre to send your form for processing.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:22am On Jun 24, 2022
Donbisco2010:
all petitions go through Dallas Lockbox after uscis receive it der will choose which center will process ur i-129f..

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:40am On Jun 24, 2022
Holami28:

Congratulations to you. So you mean they collected your w2 and also collected your tax return transcripts for each year? And whats years did they collect. Also does your joint sponsor be related to your fiancée and did she make enough up to 125% poverty guideline and u still decided to get one or she doesn’t make up to so u had to get one and so they asked?
Apologies for asking too much ��
my W2 and IRS Tex reuturn was collected .2021,2020,2019 no one was returned back to me .
My petitioner was not making much and joint sponsor was her sister which she do make more than
The 125%. But u can use anybody for joint sponsor as long as the person agrees

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 2:44am On Jun 24, 2022
Ifeanyichukwu42:

You have no control over the service centre where you want your application to be processed. It is only USCIS that could determine the service centre to send your form for processing.
Thanks so much for the swift response. I really appreciate!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 2:44am On Jun 24, 2022
Airboy333:
all petitions go through Dallas Lockbox after uscis receive it der will choose which center will process ur i-129f..
Thank you so much bro!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2022
I just checked now am seeing Issued oooooo mad oooo so fast . Thank God for everything am so grateful

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 11:21am On Jun 24, 2022
Congratulations!
Airboy333:
I just checked now and seeing Issued oooooo mad oooo so fast . Thank God for everything
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by chimebuka90(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
Congratulations bro you have been a blessing to others,am not surprised your visa was approved
Many more wins!!!!!!

Airboy333:
Interview question……
Have been arrested b4
The work my fiancée do
The work I do
What is the name of my joint sponsor…. He told me ur visa is approved gave me the white paper where to pick up my passport and visa I was sooooooo happy inside my nose Max. All this question was not up to 2 minutes I swear. I wish everyone waiting for approval success and pls go with ur W2 if u have it because my W2 was collected and if ur fiancée or fiancé is self employed go wit d 1099 form ..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
Airboy333:
I just checked now am seeing Issued oooooo mad oooo so fast . Thank God for everything am so grateful

Congratulations! I am very pleased with your success! You certainly deserve it! A bright future awaits...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
VanMoyez:

Congratulations! I am very pleased with your success! You certainly deserve it! A bright future awaits...
Amen and thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
chimebuka90:
Congratulations bro you have been a blessing to others,am not surprised your visa was approved
Many more wins!!!!!!

thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Airboy333:
Interview question……
Have been arrested b4
The work my fiancée do
The work I do

Congratulations! Welcome to America....the land of opportunities.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Iamjosh55: 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
I need a responsible guy here, who is also God fearing for someone in the USA. Kindly inbox me if interested @joshuawillu99@gmail.com.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Iamjosh55: 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
I need a responsible guy here, who is also God fearing for someone in the USA. Kindly inbox me if interested @joshuawillu99@gmail.com/08105543764
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kaycome: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Iamjosh55:
I need a responsible guy here, who is also God fearing for someone in the USA. Kindly inbox me if interested @joshuawillu99@gmail.com/08105543764
Nice one
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Damilaregbenga: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
Airboy333:
my W2 and IRS Tex reuturn was collected .2021,2020,2019 no one was returned back to me .
My petitioner was not making much and joint sponsor was her sister which she do make more than
The 125%. But u can use anybody for joint sponsor as long as the person agrees
pls my own petitioner is not working for now but we are using co sponsor,my question is can we use co -sponsor w2 and irs tax return,pls somebody should help me on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (261) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.