Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,828 members, 7,918,665 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:39 PM

Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? (3806 Views)

No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bee444: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2010
, My wedding is around the corner and I've managed to raise #2 Million for the ceremony. I want it big but still sceptical it won't be enough. Just want a good planner to take me through on how to use the resource in my possession judiciously.

My Fiancé parent ain't that rich, hence wanting to use this money for all the set up.

*Separate money is already set aside for the honeymoon.

Pls give me ideas and ways to spend this money,

Tanx
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by boombell: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
Pls let know what is the capital base of ur investment in 9ja or abroad,this will help determine if u will need more or reduce it.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Spyker: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
What type of wedding are you proposing?
What's the size of guest you expect?
Are you doing bachelors eve or after wedding party?
What about traditional wedding? Are you also doing that?
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Damysa(f): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
To me 2million is not bad if u utilize it well though things have gone up these days.

It depends the type of wedding u are going for ie Registry, church or traditional.
or are u gonna do all. this will determine how much u might need.

Try  to itemize all u need and write the prices against them
also make room for unforeseen cost as this is eminent
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Damysa(f): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
Spyker:

What type of wedding are you proposing?
What's the size of guest you expect?
Are you doing bachelors eve or after wedding party?
What about traditional wedding? Are you also doing that?

Infact spyker na ur papa born u, how come u posted almost same time with me and we are advicing same thing too.

I hope poster find our comments useful
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by yvyy(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ POSTER, AM A WEDDING PLANNER.
wts ur email addy lets chat live.
2m is not bad but it all depends on ur number of guess.

and again is d 2mill for just white wedding or for trad and white.

i could do a customize sketch of d budget for u.my email addy is yventsweddings@yahoo.com or yvluvu@yahoo.com

my fone number is 08037988194.

am online from 7am -6:30pm mon-friday
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Spyker: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
Damysa:

Infact spyker na your papa born u, how come u posted almost same time with me and we are advicing same thing too.

I hope poster find our comments useful

Thanks. You be proper Naija, you know what's up.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bigfather(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
Even with 1MILLA you are cool !
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by mutter(f): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2010
I think this is outrageous. Giving such amount of money out for a wedding. In a country where there is so much poverty. Please take one million donate to the needy or on a project in the village and pray for God to bless your marriage.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by SSaemoenl(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
No 2million is too small, go back to your bank and seek for a MUTUAL of 30,000 euro and add with the one u have already to make the ceremony more colourful. Imagine someone his salary base per annum is 13,000 euro(If i can guess) b4 house rates and bills problems planning colourful marriage ceremony in this economic wahala.
Do the thinking guy!
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by OAM4J: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2010
You can always plan the wedding to suit your budget.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bigfather(m): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2010
This wedding thing is just all about people coming to eat and drink. Abeg just do your planning around 1million and you'll be glad you did. The you can keep the other 1million for the family. Plan or invest that 1m for your unborn child.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by whiteroses(f): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
thats too small, my uncle bought a new car worth 2.5mn then the venue was up to 100k then the maalu and shyt. 2mn is too small only if you are on low income then thats understandable
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bigfather(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2010
whiteroses:

thats too small, my uncle bought a new car worth 2.5mn then the venue was up to 100k then the maalu and shyt. 2mn is too small only if you are on low income then thats understandable

So what happend next ?
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by kuntash: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2010
mutter:

I think this is outrageous. Giving such amount of money out for a wedding. In a country where there is so much poverty. Please take one million donate to the needy or on a project in the village and pray for God to bless your marriage.

May Almighty God bless you my sister,

whiteroses:

May God help you!
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by femmy2010(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2010
N2m is no child's play.
You have a budget then work with.
May God prosper your marriage.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bawomolo(m): 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
whiteroses:

is he supposed to show off if he isn't of low income? whats with the flamboyant mentality some nigerians have?
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bigfather(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2010
i tire for them o !
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by ifunayam(f): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2010
Congrats on your up-coming wedding Mr. BEE444,

Yep 2million naira should be enough, try and make it moderate and simple.  Remember a successful marriage is not based on how much money that was spent on wedding.  Be prudent, save the rest for your new home.

Just curious was it through your other thread on; I'm Coming Back To Nigeria Soon, Need A Decent Girl To Marry! Hook Me Up Pls! May 03, 2010, 03:34 AM » that you found her?
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Damysa(f): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2010
ifunayam:

Yep 2million naira should be enough, try and make it moderate and simple. Remember a successful marriage is not based on how much money that was spent on wedding. Be prudent, save the rest for your new home.

Just curious was it through your other thread on;[b] I'm Coming Back To Nigeria Soon, Need A Decent Girl To Marry! Hook Me Up Pls! May 03, 2010, 03:34 AM » that you found her?[/b]

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa am also very curious too, pls tell us oooooohh or are u just kidding about this marriage stuff

How come u have found a girl so soon and are already preparing for marriage hhhmmmmm
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bee444: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
boombell:

Pls let know what is the capital base of your investment in 9ja or abroad,this will help determine if u will need more or reduce it.

What has that got to do with the wedding? Na wa o!
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bee444: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
ifunayam:

Yep 2million naira should be enough, try and make it moderate and simple.  Remember a successful marriage is not based on how much money that was spent on wedding.  Be prudent, save the rest for your new home.

Just curious was it through your other thread on; I'm Coming Back To Nigeria Soon, Need A Decent Girl To Marry! Hook Me Up Pls! May 03, 2010, 03:34 AM » that you found her?

Thanks jare my dear. Met the lucky girl after that topic o. Just proposed to her this month. You know what, I don't have to wait for years to get to know her better, I think I did already! A graduate, nice job and comes from a good family. Very sociable and well spoken of. She's humble too and don't need my money to make her feel better.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bee444: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
yvyy:

@ POSTER, AM A WEDDING PLANNER.
wts your email addy lets chat live.
2m is not bad but it all depends on your number of guess.

and again is d 2mill for just white wedding or for trad and white.

i could do a customize sketch of d budget for u.my email addy is yventsweddings@yahoo.com or yvluvu@yahoo.com

my fone number is 08037988194.

am online from 7am -6:30pm mon-friday

I have budgeted #2 Million for this wedding and nothing more! This also include the introduction and the engagement. Can't kill myself o. I believe my fiancé's family should help out as well if they believe the money is too small.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2010
But seriously, 2 million for a wedding ceremony. Is it not too much?
Even if it includes the introduction and engagement i think its on the high side.
Except you are the one shouldering the whole thing. Even then , ,
Well good luck with your planning sha. Just try to see if you can still save some money from that 2 million because i think its so wasteful to spend that whole amount on a party of a day or two.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
It's not enough. Add an extra million to it and I'll offer my services as an expert wedding planner so that after all the expenses it's possible that I may have close to N500k as my off-cut , LOL . Seriously speaking, @ poster I think with N1M you are okay. You can donate the rest to orphanage homes , they need it . Goodluck
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
It's not enough. Add an extra million to it and I'll offer my services as an expert wedding planner so that after all the expenses it's possible that I may have close to N500k as my off-cut , LOL . Seriously speaking, @ poster I think with N1M you are okay. You can donate the rest to orphanage homes , they need it . Goodluck
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by SUKKIE(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
Brov,2 mill aignt too small neither is 50 mill too much,do it within your means.
Wedding is a 12hr programme you need not keep up with the Joneses. cool cool
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by dominique(f): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
2 mil is not too huge or small. it all depends on what plans you have for the wedding.
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by Sissy3(f): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
it all depends on your budget and vision of the wedding but for the "average" wedding out there methinks its enough
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by bee444: 12:21am On Jul 20, 2010
dominique:

2 mil is not too huge or small. it all depends on what plans you have for the wedding.

At least 300 guests would honour this occasion including family members
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by conda00410(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2010
hey,
let me tell you, no matter the amount you spend for wedding it might not be enough,,,no matter the no of cows u kill, people will devour it to the last bone.
you can contact Event-etal for your proper planning, 08032019281 (www.events-etal.com), or mail tbs4real@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? by ifunayam(f): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2010
Thanks jare my dear. Met the lucky girl after that topic o. Just proposed to her this month. You know what, I don't have to wait for years to get to know her better, I think I did already! A graduate, nice job and comes from a good family. Very sociable and well spoken of. She's humble too and don't need my money to make her feel better.

Awwwww so sweet, glad to know that your efforts on here in that regard were worth the while. smart move bro! you really dont have to wait 4 eternity 2 study one. considering all u said about my sister from another mother i should say you are one lucky brother. congrats once again! your marriage shall be a blessing, you will see your children's children. IJN AMEN. smiley smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Sues Neighbour For Failing To Impregnate His Wife / Photo Of Baby Born In 'prayerful Mood' Goes Viral / Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.