Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,893 members, 7,906,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns (325 Views)

2023: I’ll Support Yahaya Bello, I Don’t Believe In Igbo Presidency – Uwazuruike / Ikpeazu: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through Barrels Of The Gun, No IPOB In Abia / Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by sunky97: 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
Former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, says politicians are using her name for political capital.

In a statement issued by her media adviser, Paul Nwabuikwu, in Abuja on Sunday, the former minister said the use of her name to give credence to particular viewpoints had persisted in spite of warnings in the past.

Nwabuikwu said, “In spite of several rebuttals and clarifications that we have issued over the past months, some groups and individuals are still misusing the name of former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to further partisan political objectives.

“We would like to alert Nigerians that this unfortunate practice has increased significantly in this political season.

“This misuse of the minister’s name comes in many forms. There are fake newspaper articles published under her name. Fake quotations canvassing certain views which are falsely attributed to her. Even fake audios in which someone pretends to be the former finance minister have been going round. Most of these are typically disseminated on WhatsApp and other forms of social media.”

He added, “In one recent example, a video of the minister was cleverly edited, leaving out crucial information and context to give a totally false impression.

“These shenanigans are designed to give the impression that she supports one particular political interest or position or the other.

“We urge Nigerians to ignore these mischievous antics by political peddlers of fiction.”

Nwabuikwu added that Okonjo-Iweala was capable of speaking for herself if and when she wants to and does not need the help of anyone to do that.
http://tellmystory.com.ng/dont-believe-those-statements-politicians-attribute-to-me-okonjo-iweala-warns/

Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by ilynem(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
Na wa oh. All these greedy politicians attributing fake quotes to NOI just to score political points. May God help us.
Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by loladetemi: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
I wonder why people like spreading fake news. What will you gain by tarnishing her image just to get a political point? We need to have a rethink and do the needful.
Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by loladetemi: 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
We all know election is near and people will always look for means to attain that post but believe me when I say there will always be a false and cooked up stories just to gain a political point.
Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by loladetemi: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
I look forward to the day when we will learn to get facts before speaking and make enquires before reacting. One thing I realize is that we only tend to believe what people say around us, and what we see, we don’t think deeply too see the coin the other way round.
Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by ilynem(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Can we just focus on pressing issues at hand? why are politicians this petty? NOI is busy with international appointments and here they are dragging her name into their messy political propaganda.
Re: Don’t Believe Those Statements Politicians Attribute To Me, Okonjo-iweala Warns by ilynem(m): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
This government thrives on media lies and propaganda. But thank God we know this now. NOI is too smart to play dirty Nigerian politics with these vampires.

(1) (Reply)

2019: PDP Must Not Return To Aso Rock, Balarabe Musa Begs Nigerians / Gov Akeredolu Orders Immediate Repairs Of Owo -ikare Road / Governor Udom Emmanuel's Developmental Milestones In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.