Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,263 members, 7,934,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:38 PM

Job Tests And Maths - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Tests And Maths (1082 Views)

Why Do I Keep Failing Job Tests? / Dragnet Invite For Tests And Interview / Are JOB TESTS Good Index For Recruiting Job Applicants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Tests And Maths by kuwena(m): 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2007
I have many friends who read courses in the Humanities that complain about the compulsoriness of Maths in most of the competitive bank and oil company tests they have to write to secure blue-chip jobs. Having gone through school without having to do Maths, they are overwhelmed with having to pass it now. For all you Nairalanders who are similarly troubled, I have this advice: Go and buy New General Maths JSS1 textbook from any secondhand bookseller; then read it through. After that, sell the book back to him and buy the JSS2 version, and so on, till SS3. I tell you, if you have the humility and the patience to do this, you will sharpen your Maths skills and be able to approach all tests with increased confidence. God help us all! And by the way, I have started doing this. I am on the JSS3 version now - and my skills are improving rapidly. One love.
Re: Job Tests And Maths by prometheus(m): 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2007
Nice advice. Infact, I have a GMAt textbook which I stdy everyday and I have found out that what helps get over some quantitative reasoning questions is my little knowledge of secondary, even primary school mathematics. So fellow nairalanders, for those who find the numeria reasoning part difficult to solve, the solution is to go back to the basics i.e. go back to primary and secondary school arithmetics. it will help solve some of the problems.
Re: Job Tests And Maths by kuwena(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanks a million, Prom - it appears you're a humble and patient one. We need more like you!

(1) (Reply)

Waec-staff Openings / Total Oil Engineering Job Interview Invitation In April / Celtel Is Recruiting (graduate Development Programme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.