Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,092 members, 7,909,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:40 PM

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials (1624 Views)

LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Soldiers Batter Edo WAI Officials, Sack Magistrates, Free Offenders / LASTMA Officials Challenge Police Officers For Driving One Way (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Kennyblues(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
Four soldiers and two naval officers have beaten three officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA into unconsciousness at Mile 2 area of Lagos State, Nigeria.

The LASTMA officers-Gbenga Ajayi-Bembe, Akeem Bisiriyu and Abiodun Kayode were battered by the military men while trying to tow a broken down trailer obstructing traffic at Mile 2.

They were immediately rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital for treatment where they were revived after remaining in a state of unconsciousness for sometime.

P.M. NEWS gathered that trouble started when the Head, Zone 5, LASTMA had asked Kayode, the LASTMA towing vehicle driver to go and tow a trailer, which broke down at Mile 2 ‘Oke.’

The owner of the trailer was said to have called in the soldiers and naval officers who came and gave Kayode the beating of his life.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him.

The other two officers-Ajayi-Bembe and Bisiriyu who came to rescue their colleagues were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Speaking with P.M. NEWS, Kayode narrated the story, saying that “my boss told me to go and tow a trailer which broke down at Mile 2 Oke. I had already jacked the trailer into the towing van when the owner went to call two soldiers and they beat me up and removed the trailer from the van.

“I called my boss to come to my rescue and I pursued the trailer to first gate and blocked it. More soldiers and naval officers came and they beat me until I fainted.

“They beat my two other colleagues into unconsciousness and they smashed the windscreen of the towing van. I was soaked in blood before I passed out. The area boys in the area also started throwing stones at us.”

The three LASTMA officers also sustained severe injuries.

As at the time of filing this report, Bisiriyu was still seriously in bad condition in the hospital as he could not talk.

Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by yemmight(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2010
Na person pickin be this?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by saintneo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
thugs in uniform

how can these soldiers degrade themselves like this.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Jakumo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
Kennyblues:

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.      Ha ha ha ha!

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Without question this is a clearcut case of " Trouble dey sleep - Yanga go wake am."

Q: What do you call three comatose LASTMA thugs ?

A:  A Good Start.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by udezue(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2010
Animals
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
this is a case of 'unknown soldiers'. grin these military boys are getting out of hand.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Ibime(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
Unknown soldiers. . . dem done kill Latma man o. . . unknown soldiers. . . .
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by bawomolo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jakumo:

Without question this is a clearcut case of " Trouble dey sleep - Yanga go wake am."

Q: What do you call three comatose LASTMA thugs ?

A:  A Good Start.

grin grin grin

khaki no be leather.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Jarus(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
When one looks at LASTMA's lordly excesses at times, one will be tempted to say 'serves them right'.
The soldiers should have given them 'ferefe shi shi' though, not this 'maximum shi shi'.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
Kennyblues:

Four soldiers and two naval officers have beaten three officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA into unconsciousness at Mile 2 area of Lagos State, Nigeria.

The LASTMA officers-Gbenga Ajayi-Bembe, Akeem Bisiriyu and Abiodun Kayode were battered by the military men while trying to tow a broken down trailer obstructing traffic at Mile 2.

They were immediately rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital for treatment where they were revived after remaining in a state of unconsciousness for sometime.

P.M. NEWS gathered that trouble started when the Head, Zone 5, LASTMA had asked Kayode, the LASTMA towing vehicle driver to go and tow a trailer, which broke down at Mile 2 ‘Oke.’

The owner of the trailer was said to have called in the soldiers and naval officers who came and gave Kayode the beating of his life.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him.

The other two officers-Ajayi-Bembe and Bisiriyu who came to rescue their colleagues were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Speaking with P.M. NEWS, Kayode narrated the story, saying that “my boss told me to go and tow a trailer which broke down at Mile 2 Oke. I had already jacked the trailer into the towing van when the owner went to call two soldiers and they beat me up and removed the trailer from the van.

“I called my boss to come to my rescue and I pursued the trailer to first gate and blocked it. More soldiers and naval officers came and they beat me until I fainted.

“They beat my two other colleagues into unconsciousness and they smashed the windscreen of the towing van. I was soaked in blood before I passed out. The area boys in the area also started throwing stones at us.”

The three LASTMA officers also sustained severe injuries.

As at the time of filing this report, Bisiriyu was still seriously in bad condition in the hospital as he could not talk.

ROTFLMAO. . .wetin police no fit try,Lastma dey take play
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by MrFire: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2010
The soldiers must be Yoruba. Yoruba soldiers are the ones fond of beating up innocent citizens. Arogunadade and co comes to mind
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by obailala(m): 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2010
LASTMA agberos don jam wetin pass dem. If iron jam iron, one must bend. grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by deor03(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
Mr Fire:

The soldiers must be Yoruba. Yoruba soldiers are the ones fund of beating up innocent citizens. Arogunadade and co comes to mind

What an "intelligent" conclusion embarassed
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by DisGuy: 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
those soldiers must be the misfit they were probably expelled from military school

BECAUSE normal nigerian soldiers will beat these Agberos to death!!!

how can they beat someone to a state of unconsciousness- what a waste of energy and training!!

This is where Fashola is failing,, the little details, you create a dept that cause so much stress to tax paying residents-- simply taking their names or the vehicles registration number should be enough
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Beaf: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

those soldiers must be the misfit they were probably expelled from military school

BECAUSE normal nigerian soldiers will beat these Agberos to death!!!

how can they beat someone to a state of unconsciousness- what a waste of energy and training!!

This is where Fashola is failing,, the little details, you create a dept that cause so much stress to tax paying residents-- simply taking their names or the vehicles registration number should be enough

That is a classic! grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
Doubt they're real military/naval officers.

Prolly one of them jobless riffraffs.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
I'm very sorry guys: Lastma officials are the most hopeless citizens have ever seen in Nigeria. They are absolutely useless; they only harass people to collect bribe.
They are quick to let you know that what you've done is illegal, but forget to also remind themselves that collecting bride is also illegal. Please do not feel so bad about the pic; everyday for thief one day for the owner.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by keyremotes(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2010
THE MILITARY AUTHORITIES OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEIR PEOPLE.
WHEN WILL ALL THIS END?
WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE ABOVE THE LAW IN NIGERIA.
YOU NEED TO SEE HOW THEY DRIVE ON THE BRT LANE BISTURBING BUSES, DRIVING AGAINST TRAFFIC ALONG OSHODI EXPRESSWAY.
WE ARE IN TROUBLE IN THIS COUNTRY. WHO WILL ENFORCE THE LAW WHEN THE ONES SUPPOSED TO DO SO ARE LAWLESS THEMSELVES??
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by philip0906(m): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
keyremotes:

THE MILITARY AUTHORITIES OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEIR PEOPLE.
WHEN WILL ALL THIS END?

WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE ABOVE THE LAW IN NIGERIA.
YOU NEED TO SEE HOW THEY DRIVE ON THE BRT LANE BISTURBING BUSES, DRIVING AGAINST TRAFFIC ALONG OSHODI EXPRESSWAY.
WE ARE IN TROUBLE IN THIS COUNTRY. WHO WILL ENFORCE THE LAW WHEN THE ONES SUPPOSED TO DO SO ARE LAWLESS THEMSELVES??
as far as I'm concerned,those agberos in uniform called LASTMA,are a bunch of hooligans and they deserve everything they are receiving nw. . .go and c how they treat motorist,then u wouldn't pity them
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by BigB11(m): 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
I agree.

I'm starting to believe that majority of nairalanders haven't been to Nigeria for at least 5 years. One could just identify these folks by what they post.

How can any sensible Nigerian feel bad for lastma?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by keyremotes(m): 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
philip0906:

as far as I'm concerned,those agberos in uniform called LASTMA,are a bunch of hooligans and they deserve everything they are receiving nw. . .go and c how they treat motorist,then u wouldn't pity them

Big B1:

I agree.

I'm starting to believe that majority of nairalanders haven't been to Nigeria for at least 5 years. One could just identify these folks by what they post.

How can any sensible Nigerian feel bad for lastma?

IS IT ONLY LASTMA OFFICIALS THESE PEOPLE BEAT UP?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by realborn(m): 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ Post,
Without support for the inhumane treatment meted to these LASTMA officials by the unruly officers, I sincerely can't help but laugh a bit.
These LASTMA guys bin show me small 4 Lagos oooooo. There was a particular day a year ago I visited a land where construction works were to commence in Sabo Yaba area. I clarified with the traffic warden to park in line with other cars by the Market. I spent 10 minutes at the site and was consoling the head squatter who saw me off to the road promising to discuss his plight for possible relocation with the client. I glanced across the road and to my utmost surprise, my car was gone. I nearly ran mad. I crossed the road with no regard for oncoming vehicles on the ever busy commercial avenue. I searched the gutter. I almost ran mad. Everyone went about business as usual. My head rang in mixed tunes.

I enquired from the traffic warden (who i eventually sensed was working for them) and he had no explanations to my plight. I concluded my car had been stolen. My world came to a stand still. I just returned to the country a day before from my vacation and a day after, my car gone. Chei.

I jogged towards the Sabo busstop. Lo and behold, my car was aboard a beautifully decorated LASTMA truck, well parked. I almost danced for joy. I immediately spoke with the driver of the truck who directed me to the officer in charge of the task force. I explained to him in graphic details how i was led to park with other vehicles by the traffic warden. He said i shouldn't worry that he would consider my case. He asked I go into my car. I graciously and thankfully climb the truck into my car. We drove through the busy Ebutte Meta. There were two of those beautiful trucks for beautiful expensive cars and other towing vans for less expensive cars.

I expected we will park somewhere to discuss and have my car released from the altitude. To my chagrin we were whisked to their office in Ijora. There was a beehive of activities. The place looked like a car dealership center manned by substandard unformed men. I maintained my respectful and commendable attitude by pleading further with the officer who asked i relax.  

In ten minutes, a roll call was taken and fines were handed over to each of us. I was asked to pay N60,000. I bin crase immediately. This was on a Monday between 4pm and 6pm. I regained possession of my car on Thursday, three days after. The payment of the fine and events that led to the release of my car is a gist for another day.

That was my second experience with these men. I have fallen victim to their whims a couple of times after then. Today I know better. I have vowed to show them if they ever cross my path. They are also known to molest Okada men in Alausa area. I believe they should play advisory roles to diffuse traffic congestion other than castigatory roles to extort money from tax payers.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by goldenval(m): 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hahahahahaha, I wish am a soldier, I would have beat them too cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2010
while most of us have had our issues with lastma, i am in full support of their towing broken down death machines called trailers from the road - 90% o go slows are caused by these bastards - i swear, sometimes one wishes one had super powers and one could just throw the trailer into the sea -so many of us have suffered for hours in ggo slows because of these bastards who put vehicles that should be in the scrapyard on the road

the story get kleg sha - if the trailer was broken down, how were the soldiers able to drive it away - also, kind of odd to see soldiers and naval officers collaboing - the owner of the trailer probably organised some uniforms to release his vehicle - in apapa naval officers, lastama, frsc and police have a moley task force that go around arresting trailers

(1) (Reply)

Guardian Newspaper Didn't Headline Cecilia Ibru's Sentencing; Why? / ooni Preaches Unity Among Yoruba Leaders For Yorubaland's (Unification) / Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.