Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,071 members, 7,977,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why I Can’t Support Osinbajo - Femi Kuti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can’t Support Osinbajo - Femi Kuti (215 Views)

Osinbajo: Femi Adesina’s Book Gave Honest Account Of Buhari As President / Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate / Lawan, Yahaya Bello, Zulum Asked To Support Osinbajo In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Can’t Support Osinbajo - Femi Kuti by yungdynho(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
Afrobeat singer, Femi Kuti on Sunday night, October 22, disclosed that he can’t support Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s government because of his father’s beliefs.

The Cable reports that the Afrobeat singer made this known in a statement at Felabration, an annual musical event to celebrate the memory of his father, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

Kuti said: “Vice President
Osinbajo came to me, to my house for support, he’s standing here and I am saying this here, but I told him I can’t support because of my father’s support and he understands but he’s my
friend, so he understands.

“He said he wanted to come to the shrine to see what everybody is saying about Shrine and I am happy that he came and saw that we are not crazy here. He said he didn’t know this place was this big.”

Reports have it that during his tenure as military head of state, President Muhammadu Buhari had sentenced Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, Femi’s father, to jail for five years.

He was found guilty of illegally attempting to export £1,600 in foreign currency money that Fela said he had earned abroad.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo and the Delta state governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, urged the mediato retain its credibility as an unbiased umpire as Nigeria prepares for the 2019 general elections.

The duo made the call at the 14th edition of All Nigeria Editors Conference (ANEC) holding in Asaba, the Delta state capital.

Osinbajo said the journalism profession has always been at a greater risk than other professions; stressing that freedom of expression has always given people the right to use any information.

(1) (Reply)

APC And PDP Should Give The People Something Better Than What IPOB Is Offering / President Buhari Condemns Communal Violence In Kaduna State / Service With Integrity, Honesty And Prudence, Hon. Obinna Oriaku's Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.