Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,743 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 (27727 Views)

President Paul Biya Changes Military Formation In Cameroon / 89-Year-Old Paul Biya Of Cameroon Didn’t Know Where He Was, Farted In Public / Cameroon President Paul Biya Has The Most Luxurious Presidential Car In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by MYGRATEskillz(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2018
But he look younger and healthier for an octogenarian
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by royalair(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Walking Dead
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nwaikuku2(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2018
teejet:

....... because age comes wisdom, commitment, sincerity, and selfless service........as in Sai Baba!
your mind is already old like dat of ur sai baba
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Horus(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLXV91yf0g4

Fraud in Cameroon's 2018 presidential elections

An opposition contender who will seek election in Cameroon's impending presidential polls alleged on Friday that a "massive fraud" is underway to ensure the sitting president wins a seventh term.

Maurice Kamto's campaign chief Paul-Eric Kingue said that efforts to rig Sunday's ballot "had the blessing" of the Elecam electoral commission.

"We won't accept any result if this kind of fraud continues," he said at a media briefing by Kamto's Movement for the Rebirth of Cameroon (MRC) party in the capital Yaounde.

Kingue called on party supporters to "fiercely resist" rigging.

The MRC has alleged that polling cards have been forged and that voter registration has been allowed to continue despite the process being officially closed.

"In 62% of areas, the (ruling) Cameroon People's Democratic Movement party is still adding names to the voter roll," said Kingue.

"But this year, 2018, will not be like 2011," he vowed.

In the most recent presidential elections in that year, President Paul Biya won a sixth term in office with 78% of votes in polls the opposition and observers accused of being flawed.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2018
ifymadu:
But the masses are blinded to see all these
The masses are d real problem of the country.
If they want a change today, there will be a revolution but most of them are the tools used to truncate the plans of the others.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
kingkakaone:

The masses are d real problem of the country.
If they want a change today, there will be a revolution but most of them are the tools used to truncate the plans of the others.
Exactly, power belongs to the people not the politicians. Here in the US we are preparing for mid term elections, you need to see real campaigning. Politicians focus their campaigns on real issues, you either hear them talk about tax administration, affordable health, etc. These are issues affecting the common American and these are what they will be measured with at the next elections, how well they delivered on their promises on these. Nobody campaigns on providing boreholes or good roads cos those are necessities. Nigeria will get there sha.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
ifymadu:
Exactly, power belongs to the people not the politicians. Here in the US we are preparing for mid term elections, you need to see real campaigning. Politicians focus their campaigns on real issues, you either hear them talk about tax administration, affordable health, etc. These are issues affecting the common American and these are what they will be measured with at the next elections, how well they delivered on their promises on these. Nobody campaigns on providing boreholes or good roads cos those are necessities. Nigeria will get there sha.
I don't think the average Nigerian is ready for something of such.

I was following the town hall meeting of the democratic candidate of Texas who is going against Ted Cruz. He was asked what is there for him to do since Texas has the lowest unemployment rate in America, his response was something else.
He didn't insult the senator but said he planned to raise the standard of living than it is now. He said so many things that made me wonder why we don't have brilliant politicians in Nigeria, but then I had to conclude that most of these politicians employ the same masses to fight against themselves.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
kingkakaone:

I don't think the average Nigerian is ready for something of such.

I was following the town hall meeting of the democratic candidate of Texas who is going against Ted Cruz. He was asked what is there for him to do since Texas has the lowest unemployment rate in America, his response was something else.
He didn't insult the senator but said he planned to raise the standard of living than it is now. He said so many things that made me wonder why we don't have brilliant politicians in Nigeria, but then I had to conclude that most of these politicians employ the same masses to fight against themselves.
I personally live in Texas and I can tell you the governor is doing very well, yet people are not relaxed, they are holding the politicians accountable. They are tackling one of the aspiring senator now just because he questioned the rational behind building the Mexico wall. Just recently, the surface of a 12 miles highway was re-layed, it took roughly three weeks to complete the eight lanes, no disruption of traffic. You just drive in the morning and see they have completed a portion and when they finished nobody came to cut a red ribbon cos it’s a no brainer. Africa you build such road and the president will leave behind national issues to go commission a road.

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2018
ifymadu:
I personally live in Texas and I can tell you the governor is doing very well, yet people are not relaxed, they are holding the politicians accountable. They are tackling one of the aspiring senator now just because he questioned the rational behind building the Mexico wall. Just recently, the surface of a 12 miles highway was re-layed, it took roughly three weeks to complete the eight lanes, no disruption of traffic. You just drive in the morning and see they have completed a portion and when they finished nobody came to cut a red ribbon cos it’s a no brainer. Africa you build such road and the president will leave behind national issues to go commission a road.
In Africa when they construct a 1km road, they will want the masses to shout their praise.

The problem is the masses, if u follow comments in this forum you will discover what I'm talking about.
People can kill themselves over a politician that can decamp the next minute, something that hardly happens in America.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
kingkakaone:

In Africa when they construct a 1km road, they will want the masses to shout their praise.

The problem is the masses, if u follow comments in this forum you will discover what I'm talking about.
People can kill themselves over a politician that can decamp the next minute, something that hardly happens in America.
Sincerely, I sometimes don’t bother reading the comments on nairaland cos they are full of shit. All they know is insults and support politicians blindly. I mainly read to get latest happenings in Nigeria, I depend on nairaland and Linda for local news, not as if I have other choices though.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
ifymadu:
Sincerely, I sometimes don’t bother reading the comments on nairaland cos they are full of shit. All they know is insults and support politicians blindly. I mainly read to get latest happenings in Nigeria, I depend on nairaland and Linda for local news, not as if I have other choices though.
I hardly comment most times because most of them don't know how to engage in a constructive argument.

It is well sha.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2018
kingkakaone:

I hardly comment most times because most of them don't know how to engage in a constructive argument.

It is well sha.
It is well my brother, I wish you all the very best
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
ifymadu:
It is well my brother, I wish you all the very best
Thanks.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Horus(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQVVL3LoFU

Cameroon Opposition Reject Biya's Win Calls for National Resistance

The Opposition leader Maurice Kamto has rejected the poll results that declared Paul Biya as the president of Cameroon and he has called
for National Resistance to save Cameroon from the brutal dictatorship of Biya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... / US Marine Osprey Aircraft With 4 Soldiers On Board Missing In Norway / President Trump Is Leaving the Hospital, Says "Don't Let Covid Rule Your Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.