Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,703 members, 7,935,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 08:37 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (214288 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by amightyo: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
@opokonwa: Now I see you are painting the waysmiley Well done. You know from your constructive and educative posting the silent readers like us are moved by your world of experience but when we tend to see disharmony we sense it's time we say hi. You know too much salt kills the soup, so if a thread is filled with too much too know then the too knows are not really spreading well. So I guess most of the silent readers contribute on other threads and leave the likes of you to put this thread in order. The title reads: Which Way Nlng? and i just changed it to Which Way Nigeria?
Anyway opokonwa, it's best for us to heed our words and speak only when and how it's necessary.
Best wishessmiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2008
hmmmm,

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

The Hero has finally fallen, wetin happend,

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

the Catparianian, has finally given up on his only and best critics, dats improves him his daily life, lol grin if u wan comot, comot,

I know dat Opoks no go miss u sha, but we go miss u, tHE Catparianian is the only poster dat makes d other posters wonder & ponder like "wat d heck his dis f**kin dude posting, i gat to tackle dis guy", i will mis dat
i would miss ur weirdness, but i'm sorry i will neva miss ur poems, cos i hav neva finishd any.

Mr. Catparian enjoy ur trip, & Start ur quest on 4 d search 4 next 99 Catparianians , d earlier d better

Tell a fool d right tin and he calls u foolish, - dats wat opoks (fool, lol) spend his time doin, he his ur best man, u 4 drop on closing poem 4 us now, and u go add one vote 4 Obama, i can tell u did not even vote in dis past electn, if i'm right "good 4 u", if i'm wrong "watever, good 4 me",

We miss U?? xoxoxox, luv ya man, peace, , lolo lol (na wetin u want be dis, i don give u) tongue

Questn:
Is the Catparinian is a narcissist, ? True or False

Stannesi's ays True

@Slient ppl.
Opoks don expose does silent ones, i no get na time today, whether una dey pay us post abi, ??
hav a nice day, try day post, we don dey lack posters, our best and most committed poster don resign oo

wats up, ppl, ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2008
opokonwa:

Once upon a time indeed . . . undecided

Yes, it could have remained educative and interesting if people refrained from spinning polarising and racially divisive posts!
I'm even appalled that it comes from (supposedly) one of our own. embarassed

Secondly it could also have remained educative and interesting if perpertually silent readers like you had played a more active role.
Perhaps a more 'positive' role (however you may refer to it).

But everyone is quick to judge when the cookie crumbles. sad

Kuwena might have been annoying and divisive with his posts.
But he had more 'liver' than most people that I've met on this thread.
He had the 'liver' to live his life and exhibit his weaknesses, ignorannce and sometimes stupidity, no matter what anybody thought.

For that alone, I gbadun him.

So many pretenders walk into the thread only when a fight erupts.
Beyond that, they have absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute.

Adieu Kuwena!

Well I have contributed significantly and positively to this thread, I never wrote NLNG test but when I stumbled on this thread I was intrigued, a group of intelligent people coming together to keep their dreams alive, I occasionally dropped a line or two to encourage all hopefuls.

When the final list came out, I dropped a line or two to congratulate the selected ones, even when they went to London for training or whatever that was; I also dropped a line to congratulate them.

I also encouraged the few that were not selected.

When Tommyex was recruited later on, I dropped a line to congratulate him on this thread.

So I think your statement first and foremost is unfair….

I always come back to this thread to pick a line or two statements which I feel may be useful to me, my career, my life and to check up on you guys

My line of business is consulting, business advisory to be precise….did you guys discuss anything about that……let it be that I dint contribute positively?

I just felt appalled that this whole thing has degenerated to this level and if by voicing my concerns I offended you, then …… accept my apologies ok?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by amightyo: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2008
@uchetobi, well said *goes to take a cup of coffee*
*comes back to add*
Well the idea is for us to be constructive and seek ways of always spreading beauty with our words, thoughts and deeds. So much to investigate so much to research on. The beauty is learning aright and giving in our energy to those troublesome processes and experiments which seem to make me look nut wondering where I went wrong. The fresh graduate seek opportunities and we can stand as channels to them.

Best wishes
Re: Which Way Nlng? by calyx: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2008
posting on this thread the first time but really one thread i would forget on Nairaland in no hurry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Uchetobi
In fairness to you, I've seen your post a few times.
They usually came very sparingly and often on special ocassions.
Either someone was fighting (then you lamented)
Or someone was celebrating (only for tommyex tongue)
Or simply a one-liner 'after a million pages' tongue
I appreciate.

I would have appreciated you better, had you been more consistent (as consistent as you read us!).
We didn't need to discuss about consulting before you can contribute (I know you work in KPMG tongue).
After all, the discussions here had never dwelled on telecoms where I've spent practically my entire career.

I wasn't only addressing you.
I was addressing a particular trend that I've noticed on this thread.

Peeps are quick to jump in (with their judgements) to have a last word whenever a misunderstanding arises on this thread.
And I wonder where they were all the time we were developing it and entertaining them?
I think it is rather selfish! angry

If you love the thread and you enjoy what you read and your experience on it,
contribute to it while it is still alive!

Don't come and give us a 'Judge Jury' whenever the guys are having a misunderstanding,
when you couldn't contribute anything to keep the thread going!

Nigerians love judging from the sidelines! angry
Yet very few take responsibility!

You didn't offend me. I was just being myself; 'vocal'

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Uchetobi to Opoks

So I think your statement first and foremost is unfair….

I concur. . . .
Re: Which Way Nlng? by owee: 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
Opoks has spoken grin Gbam cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2008
amightyo:

@uchetobi, well said *goes to take a cup of coffee*
*comes back to add*
Well the idea is for us to be constructive and seek ways of always spreading beauty with our words, thoughts and deeds. So much to investigate so much to research on. The beauty is learning aright and giving in our energy to those troublesome processes and experiments which seem to make me look nut wondering where I went wrong. The fresh graduate seek opportunities and we can stand as channels to them.

Best wishes

wetin be this ?
Abeg if u wan speak english, speak english
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2008
wetin be grin Gbam cool for all these things wey we dey talk now ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
stannesi:

hmmmm,

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

The Hero has finally fallen, wetin happend,

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

the Catparianian, has finally given up on his only and best critics, that is improves him his daily life, lol grin if u wan comot, comot,

I know that Opoks no go miss u sha, but we go miss u, tHE Catparianian is the only poster that makes d other posters wonder & ponder like "what d heck his this f**kin dude posting, i got to tackle this guy", i will mis that
i would miss your weirdness, but i'm sorry i will never miss your poems, because i hav never finishd any.

Mr. Catparian enjoy your trip, & Start your quest on 4 d search 4 next 99 Catparianians , d earlier d better

Tell a fool d right tin and he calls u foolish, - that is what opoks (fool, lol) spend his time doin, he his your best man, u 4 drop on closing poem 4 us now, and u go add one vote 4 Obama, i can tell u did not even vote in this past electn, if i'm right "good for you", if i'm wrong "watever, good 4 me",

We miss You?? xoxoxox, love ya man, peace, , lolo lol (na wetin u want be this, i don give u) tongue

Questn:
Is the Catparinian is a narcissist, ? True or False

Stannesi's ays True

@Slient people.
Opoks don expose does silent ones, i no get na time today, whether una dey pay us post abi, ??
hav a nice day, try day post, we don dey lack posters, our best and most committed poster don resign oo

wats up, people, ?

You well so grin grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2008
owee:

Opoks has spoken grin Gbam cool

Sorry o o o , Mr Owee.

I no look well.

I think say na Opoks post the thing himself.

Anyway sha. . ., You are entitled to your opinions
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Kenosky

puleaseee! Someone holla back at mii when opoks and kuwena are done tearing themselves apart! I m out of here!

You well so angry sad undecided

you never even hear the sound of broken bottle, you don run for cover.

That is how we know those who didnt grow up in Lagos or Warri like places a la Opoks
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
. . . . . just doing a bit of reminiscing

@aniffy4eva on page 6 and 8

I just want this thread to continue till when we get our employment letters, so we can sit back, scan through this thread, laugh and praise God for his Faithfulness

@ jalo

Relax man!!, you are not alone, i havent been called, neither have i seen any letter, just relax and don't let them kuwena give you h.b.p.

O boy, u be prophet wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2008
Men, its difficult to express but the last two days

of my life has been the most dramatic.

Yesterday was probably the most challenging ever,

infact my whole world was literarily crumbling.

Infact I was at the point of solicitn for prayer and fasting from dearly beloved thread members  smiley.

I faced a mountain that looked absolutely insurmountable

but trust . . . .

My Yahweh will always show up at the time you need Him most.

Its hard to explain or even comprehend how things turn around,

infact God is faithful.

Today has been one of the best of my entire life,

things worked so well that even the 'backlogs of badluck' from the previous day were cleared.

Praise the Lord, that is my testimony.

well there is one reason that I feel might be associated with my incredibly good fortune today.

Guess . . . . .

Its Alfaprime's birthday !!!!

Yeeaah, my friend and brother adds another year today.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2008
[size=60pt]HAPPY

B'DAY

ALFA ! ! !

[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
[size=20pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ALFAPRIME!

YOU SHALL CONTINUE TO BE THE PRIME CANDIDATE IN ALL UR ENDEAVOURS!
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mukina2: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hello pak
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
hmmm, na Alfa Bday,
[size=15pt]HAPPYY BIRTHDAY, Hip Hip Hip HUrray, [/size]
like Keno said u shall be a prime candidate (not a prime suspect shal, ) in all ur endeavours. God bless u man

@uchetobi
Ma guy, why u dey yarn dis tin, shey we no talk reach ur business line, ?? when we dey talk, talk abut, savings & investment i no see any of ur advise u 4 dere, ioooo. or maybe, its juts me, tongue anyhow sha, try dey create topic, too, it helps,

@Pak
I well oo, abi na lie i talk, if it's not true, talk ur mind, jo. like i said b4 "So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me." ha

Keno hw tins dey move.??

Annify which one u dey sef. where u?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Opoks,
abut your signature that quotes
Experience is the best teacher@

u thinks so?? ma guy change am, no be so,

Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson

wetin dey happened, ??
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
Read before viewing picture -- it's worth it!
A picture began circulating in November. It should be 'The Picture of the Year,' or perhaps, 'Picture of the Decade.' It won't be. In fact, unless you obtained a copy of the US paper which published it, you probably would never have seen it.

The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas , who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner .

The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas , is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta . She knew of Bruner 's remarkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville , he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr.Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel , the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr .Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile.

The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, 'Hand of Hope .' The text explaining the picture begins, 'The tiny hand of 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life.'

Little Samuel 's mother said they 'wept for days' when they saw the picture. She said, 'The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person.' Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful.

Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome, incredible, and hey, pass it on. The world needs to see this one!

don't u just love God, awesome, !!! what do u guys thinks of dis,

Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
Happy B/day to me? lol!! Thanks, Pak! (Hope u haven'tblown my cover, though!)

And thanks to all the lovely peers on this great thread who helped make this day really worthwhile with their well-wishes et al.

@Opoks
Actually my charger did get burnt, but it's been replaced now. Even b4 the weekend as I'd hoped.

@New/Silent posters
Forget the seeming acridity in his words, Opoks has got a silent point there. I was also one such silent reader on this thread, and at a point I almost totally stopped visiting during WW1 on ths thread (for those who know what I mean! But then, after the truce I decided to come out and begin active contributions, in the hope that together we could maximise this opportunity and spin out great ideas to make Nigeria truly great. Like I said once earlier, this entirethread started in the first place, only because at one point or the other in the past, we had wanted to work for Nigeria via NLNG!

But in retrospect, I can say that if the posts of those who have remained active on the thread couldn't stop therecent WW2 from occuring, what's the guarantee that the participation of the silent readers could have? Well, who knows? But we can all play each one, his/her little role to make the threada livelier and more constructive one.

@Kuwena
You said you're signing out, so why do I still address you? cos some how, I expect that u'll become a silent reader on this thread for a while. U started it, granted, and honour must be given to whom honour is due. I'd feel bad to see you go and would surely miss some of your brilliant postings, but if the truth must be told, I know that even if I join U in "exiting" the thread,WWNLNG will not stop simply becos we left. U see, all over the world, great people are known for starting small things that end up outliving and outgrowing them, so beware if u eventually get to float Catpar, You may also find yourself faced with the choice of either staying and being critiqued, or thrwing in the towel and quitting.

@All others
Got to run now, wishing U all the very best. Even if your Birthday falls on a very busy weekday on which U have to go to work and even work late, be sure to take out time and reflect on the more salient values of life, how far u have come, and what is needed to get U fulfil your destiny and make it into Heaven.

Cheers all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 4:06am On Jun 21, 2008
@ ALFAPRIME,

I hope this isn't coming too late. . . . HAPPY BURFDEI!!!. . . grin

@ pak

pak:

things worked so well that even the 'backlogs of badluck' from the previous day were cleared.
Praise the Lord, that is my testimony.

ALLELUIA!!! I'm glad you came out of it in ONE piece. . . God is faithful, He'll never let us carry more than we can bear smiley

@ Stannesi
stannesi:

@uchetobi
Ma guy,

Annify which one u dey sef. where u?

I thought uchetobi was a female. . .
Aniffy dey here o! cool Just thought of chilling out for a lil while. . .

BTW, where's Jisi?

@ uchetobi
Glad to know that you still come around. . . Don't let Opoks! ruffle your feathers jare. . . smiley tongue
How's BAS treating you? and how's Mrs. Lamikanra doing?

@ Opoks!

grin . . . . BULLY!. . . . grin

@ everyone
AlfaPrime:

@All others
. . . . . . . be sure to take out time and reflect on the more salient values of life, how far u have come, and what is needed to get You fulfil your destiny and make it into Heaven.

Word!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
stannesi:

@Pak
I well oo, abi na lie i talk, if it's not true, talk your mind, jo. like i said before "So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me." ha

I never said you were lying, I just found that piece of yours extremely funny wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Stannesi
That your story bout Samuel Alexander Armas was one of the best I've ever heard, really great.

infact stannesi, you are great wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2008
Dear Mukina,

r u here?

You'l be a welcome addition to this noble thread of ours

how's the Gambia?

how was yes2day's 'crazy' match ?

I told u 'we' were going to beat sierra leone wink

I try to catch u on one of the sports page when u'r online
Re: Which Way Nlng? by amightyo: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Pak, thanks smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
Aniffy u don come, ?? hw tins?? i wan ask d same tin - "Where JISI??"

@uchetobi
i'm sorry oooo, i no even look ur genda sef, aniffy just spoil ma show, wink

@Pak
thanx ma, ur'e great urself wink

@Keno
Wetin dey happen, u no dey post again, abi u don resign, even if u do, we no go accept!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2008
check out what someone sent me, its kind of funny,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENJOY OYINBO FROM REV. CHRIS OKOTIE

NORMAL PERSON: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Chris Okotie : Individuals who make their abodes in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting perilous projectiles.

NORMAL PERSON: Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Chris Okotie : Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim.

NORMAL PERSON :
All that glitters is not gold.
Chris Okotie : All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.

NORMAL PERSON : Beggars are not choosers
Chris Okotie : Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted.

NORMAL PERSON : Dead men tell no tales
Chris Okotie : Male cadavers are incapable of rendering any testimony.

NORMAL PERSON :
Beginner's luck
Chris Okotie : Neophyte's serendipity.

NORMAL PERSON :
A rolling stone gathers no moss
Chris Okotie : A revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of small, green, biophytic plant.

NORMAL PERSON : Birds of a feather flock together
Chris Okotie : Members of an avian species of identical plumage tend to congregate.

NORMAL PERSON : Beauty is only skin deep
Chris Okotie : Pulchritude possesses solely cutaneous profundity.

NORMAL PERSON :
Cleanliness is godliness
Chris Okotie : Freedom from incrustations of grime is contiguous to rectitude.

NORMAL PERSON : There's no use crying over spilt milk
Chris Okotie : It is fruitless to become lachrymose of precipitately departed lactile fluid.

NORMAL PERSON : You can't try to teach an old dog new tricks
Chris Okotie : It is fruitless to attempt to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative maneuvers.

NORMAL PERSON : Look before you leap
Chris Okotie : Surveillance should precede saltation.

NORMAL PERSON : He who laughs last, laughs best
Chris Okotie : The person presenting the ultimate cachinnation possesses thereby the optimal cachinnation.

NORMAL PERSON : All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Chris Okotie : Exclusive dedication to necessitous chores without interludes of hedonistic diversion renders Jack a hebetudinous fellow.

NORMAL PERSON : Where there's smoke, there's fire!
Chris Okotie : Where there are visible vapours having their provenance in ignited carbonaceous materials, there is conflagration
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol, grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mukina2: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2008
Pak smiley
Thanks. Gambia is cool

the matches keep getting crazy i tell you grin

As for that match "we" helped " you" grin

aight you know where to find me wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2008
Wishing Us all a splendid week ahead. And meaningful progress to the thread. Cheers all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2008
Good morning o!
Nnoo nu o!

@Pak
I no grow up for Lagos or Warri.
Na for relatively quiet place for East na im i grow up.
Na Kenosky grow up for Lagos.
Thanks for the yabs sha. One way of saying you don't appreciate my roughness.
No vex abeg cry No be everybody go like me na!

Speaking of which, I have you noticed that your posts often takes this trend:
My day was rough undecided, I had a very rough week . . . work and stress wan kill me undecided . . . and then . . .
God or Yahweh steps in and heals the day. wink
I appreciate you man.
Not a bad flavour . . . not bad at all!

@Alfaprime
Sorry for missing your bday!
I usually do not post on wkends.
Happy Bday Man!
I hope you took time to thank God.
I sabi wetin you fit do wink

@Kuwena
I still dey miss you o!
Don't mind wetin Stannesi yarn say I no go miss you.
Though I won't miss your bashing Nigeria, Nigerians or anything Black Africa, I love me. I love where I hail from kiss
God no make mistake.

I will miss your controversy though.
You're the only poster that makes me put on my boxing gloves. cry cry cry
I'm sorry to admit it; I like it hot! And Kuwena often provides the perfect scenarios.

I want you back a less controversial man, if you fit.
If wishes were horses, beggars go own ranch.

@Stannesi
I never react to your initial funny post after Kuwena's exit.
Not to talk of reading the subsequent ones.
But you funny sha!
A perfect blend of sarcasm and humour.
And yes, you sabi talk your mind in the mist of those craziness.

Too many posts to read! And too many pressing things to focus on my table.
I got to go! . . . .

@Kenosky
It's quite uncharacteristic for you to lock up!
I don annoy you?
Abeg forgive me. I be naughty boy. tongue

@Uchetobi
Don't mind Opoks! grin
He is not as rough as he posts.
It's just that truth harasses even when not intended.

@Other silent 'perpertually silent' readers.
Make una dey wait for Kuwena to come back come entertain una!
Oloshi people@ tongue

Did I see mukina2 here?
Abeg welcome!
And add your 2cents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.