Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,503 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:40 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (212295 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ annifyeva,

How you dey now?

Them cage me for work o. I never sleep reach eleven hours in the past four days.

I daily carry my cross with happiness. After all, glory awaits me at the end of the race grin

Abeg make man work well, well after all December na the end!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
Thanks Opoks for your pevious thread,

it had a refreshing effect

Sincerely, there have been a few occassion when I battled with the question 'what went wrong at nlng assessment',

actually, before August this year I had the enviable record of never having failed at any apptitude test, interview, application or what have you. I had always been successful until the latter part of this year and the deluge came.

Unsuccessful at shell aptitude test
Had my chevening application rejected
Failed CBN test.
and finally dropped by NLNG.

It was a bit difficult coming to terms with all these dissapointments within a short span of time.

but I guess your insight on what might have happened at nlng really came at an opportune time and had a soothing effect.

Your words took me back to some memorable verses in the book of proverbs

Pro 18:4  The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Pro 16:24  Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.   

Pro 15:23  A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Pro 12:25  Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Pro 25:11  A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Keep it up Opokonwa, and God bless you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
@biolabee

Please permit me to ask; what happens to your CFA dream?

Shocked that I know shocked shocked Nairaland na small world wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2007
adrianic:

now lest i forget,let me invite my peeps(especially those in Abuja) for my Christmas Carols holding at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Wuse Zone 2,Abuja on Saturday,the 15th day of December at exactly 6.00p.m.

i am that very fair guy,like a half caste(who dash monkey banana) who sings Bass standing at the back row.i wouldnt mind a surprise attendance.

And I go laugh you grin no, applaud you tire grin if I find myself there! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
pak:

Thanks Opoks for your pevious thread,

it had a refreshing effect

Sincerely, there have been a few occassion when I battled with the question 'what went wrong at nlng assessment',

actually, before August this year I had the enviable record of never having failed at any apptitude test, interview, application or what have you. I had always been successful until the latter part of this year and the deluge came.

Unsuccessful at shell aptitude test
Had my chevening application rejected
Failed CBN test.
and finally dropped by NLNG

It was a bit difficult coming to terms with all these dissapointments within a short span of time.

That was merely to tell you say; Pak is still human! grin

U think say you be Einstein grin Even Einstein fail throway! before im make im lucky break!

Take a look at his history.

Na God dey make a normal man look supernatural! that was what happened to Einstein wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
@opoks
it really is a small world
for now i m suspending the exam most likely till dec 08 ie, by confirmation
thanks for the head up rellay helps accountability
grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2007
pak:

Your words took me back to some memorable verses in the book of proverbs

Pro 18:4  The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Pro 16:24  Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  

Pro 15:23  A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Pro 12:25  Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Pro 25:11  A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Bros you dey read this Bible pass me o! grin

I finally find someone on this thread whom I could share from.

No wahala! we go get for elsewhere!

If not for Bonny but Bonnylike places and better full ground throway! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
biolabee:

@opoks
it really is a small world
for now i m suspending the exam most likely till dec 08 ie, by confirmation
thanks for the head up rellay helps accountability
grin

But how do you reconcile it with the Engineering work you dey go do for Bonny?

Abi you wan master two non-related Professions-cum-careers

Any una head hot sha! grin

Don't worry about that sha!

Just go get that money for two years or less then zoooooooooom off! . . . . . . . if e don do! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2007
pak:

Thank you jare!

May God bless us all! no be only Opoks! grin

Meanwhile which state you come from sef?

And what did you study??

E be like say we go try hook up at least via phone wink

Before this thread finally winds up which I suspect is not far sad

You have my number in your box if you have one.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by johnsonlaw: 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2007
I am getting confused here.

Can somebody for the love of God clarify this issue once and for all.

My offer letter says that "you will work in the Production Division and will be reporting to the Manager, Information Management & Technology through your Supervisor"

It goes on like " You will on arrival in Bonny be provided, "

I studied Computer Science.

Does this in mean that I will attend the induction for Bonny-bound Engineers/Technologist in Production?

Someone please help me!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2007
opoks,

have to say again that you re really a great guy to know, just like I said earlier in this thread,I'm very much priveledged

to associate with the caliber of people in this thread. It was nice chatting with you over the phone, though I wasn't relax

to discuss certain things that I would have like to b/c I was in the office then but I have know doubt you are more than

what I thought of you, you too much.

You know I wz thinking in d line of ur explanation, that no be b/c some of us are the best in our state that make them

take us, but just that a lot of things has to be considered. Like, if NLNG is compelled to take about 5 pple from Rivers,and

all the best candidates they can get from there, non read enginering, and they needed to employ engineers, their best

option should be to consider an engineering candidate from states like Anambra state who might be in the third

position for that state, and the best two candidate should be dropped.

So, na God oh!, lest any man should boast.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2007
@johnsonlaw,

E be like say me and you dey the same ship. Read Mech Engine, posted to production division but couldn't get all these

gist wey tombri and co they give. Abi my own engineering no be am or they wan organise executive training for me and

you? well make them first call us to start with others before that their executive training. I go halla their office 'morrow

make I know wetin dey happen. Na so I call my referee to know whether im don get my letter, and im come dey tell me

say im get one letter from NLNG bearing one name which im no know, so im come reply them say im no know the

person. Well me I don call their office yan them wetin they happen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
Opoks was telling me 4 phone say me I greedy, and me I know say I greedy not to have resign frm Intercontinental.

But no be my fault now because I need this their december training allawee pass them, and they no go gree say make I

go house say them go bring am come give me when month end.

When I think wetin they go loose, training me, paying me and hoping I will finish to come and add value to them, I begin

to feel 4 them.

But no be my fault say they no call me since march wey I write their test or for them not to be paying me like 6mil wey go

make me think of staying.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2007
Drianny,

How Yaradua dey, hope say the breeze of all those politician wey dey Abuja dey touch you? Make you position yourself

strastegical 'cause Yaradua no get two heads.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2007
johnsonlaw,

I don drop my number for your email, if you here anything about our boat, do let me know.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2007
tombri,

Na waa for you ooh, how you go stingy reach like this.

I dey ask you wetin they tell una for 3rd dec. you dey tell me say they go take una go abroad na only that them tell una?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by johnsonlaw: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
euphoria:

@Biolabee

Point of correction, as stated earlier by Kenosky, non-engineers that are Bonny-bound are scheduled for the plant induction as well, so you are not resuming slightly ahead of "others" grin, the plant induction is scheduled for guys that have been posted to Production unit which comprises of Engineering, Technology and so on

@euphoria
Please, kindly clarify further the information you were given concerning the induction. Below are my details:

I am Bonny-bound.

I am not an Engineer. I read Computer Science.

My offer letter mentioned that I will be in Production 'Division' (unit?)

Does that make me eligible for the Induction?

I need to know lest I miss out on this induction.

Euphoria, kindly reply as soon as possible. Attach the most urgency to this request. Thank you.

@kenosym
Let's wait for euphoria to clarify this once again. However, the last time I was at NLNG, I asked one of the staff members in HR about this induction thing. She opened an excel sheet, asked for my surname and searched through the list of names on the spreadsheet. She told me that my name is not on the list meaning that I am not 'eligible' for the induction.
To be double sure, I think it is okay for you to call them and seek proper and adequate clarification about this issue once and for all. I am more surprised to hear that you read Mech Eng. I thought all the Engineering Guys are going for training abroad and were all summoned to submit their Passport and passport size photograph.
Since there is no harm in reconfirming, I plan to call and reconfirm again. Before the executive training they planned for you and I, let's share in this one with the others. Don't they say there is love in sharing. grin
Kindly fill me in if you get additional urgent information as it concerns this induction. I can be reached on 07028073580 (Starcomms). I am sure you can afford to call now.  grin Start living the big life u've been ushered into.
No be small thing oh!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Kenosym(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
I wish to say congrats to kuwena for successfully completing his training with Intercontinental.

Though you might have decided not to share the testimony with this house b/c you think that

does not befit you but NLNG, also want you to

realise that a lot of pple will ever remain indepted to God for such a wonderful job.

I met one of your friends Voke Okelezo in the branch where I'm doing my attachment.

You better cheer up, thank God for what He has done and continue gunning high 'cause I know its in you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2007
hmmmmmmmm PAK
I trip 4 ur last post oo,U sound so strong,i know those tests musta had an effect on you,but its cool u still have faith in God n ur abilities too,for person wey dey always carry 1st 4 class like me grin

That 1 na jus test,I dont know if i have that kinda mental strenght yet oo,

Lets jus pray that 9ja gets beta so coys like this will have less good graduates 2 employ from,i mean most of us will be working in places as good 2

So which date we go close curtains ere,

ehen b4 i forget pls get urself a TV,DSTV or HITV for those in PH i heard u have a new cable company and try 2 watch football on sunday,U ll love the experience
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

opoks,

have to say again that you re really a great guy to know, just like I said earlier in this thread,I'm very much priveledged

to associate with the caliber of people in this thread. It was nice chatting with you over the phone, though I wasn't relax

to discuss certain things that I would have like to b/c I was in the office then but I have know doubt you are more than

what I thought of you, you too much.

Bros no crack my head o! sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:21am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

You know I wz thinking in d line of your explanation, that no be b/c some of us are the best in our state that make them

take us, but just that a lot of things has to be considered. Like, if NLNG is compelled to take about 5 people from Rivers,and

all the best candidates they can get from there, non read enginering, and they needed to employ engineers, their best

option should be to consider an engineering candidate from states like Anambra state who might be in the third

position for that state, and the best two candidate should be dropped.

So, na God oh!, lest any man should boast.

You dey talk of Rivers state wey still get Oil and Gas!

Try find out how many peeps dem take from some Northern states wey no even get water not to talk of oil sad

That is why NLNG will never release to the public their selection criteria.

Anyway, that is gone now, I cannot keep crying over spilled milk embarassed

I do not wanna begrudge anybody.

No be today we begin see am.

We saw it in JAMB no be today! cool

And we still see it in many ministeries and other Government-owned parastatals in the name of 'Federal Character' sad

Try finding out the NLNG cut-off or pass mark for some of the states and you will find out that Nigeria & NLNG expects some of us form the East and Western parts of this country to be Einsteins! yet they will not take us cry

The NLNG cut-off for Anambra state is 90% and I proudly crossed it I know because I have an insider.

Yet they bring other limiting factors like the 'Production Unit' to limit my success undecided

But I will not keep crying or lamenting . . . .

Greater things await Opoks!

I no fit shout!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:24am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

Opoks was telling me 4 phone say me I greedy, and me I know say I greedy not to have resign frm Intercontinental.

Guy I was merely yabbing grin you; you greedy reach Opoks?!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

But no be my fault now because I need this their december training allawee pass them,

Na only you?

Me I need your own and my own pass the Federal Government grin

I even need am pass CBN.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

When I think wetin they go loose, training me, paying me and hoping I will finish to come and add value to them, I begin

to feel 4 them.

I no feel for anybody! angry

When dem wan sack you or use you dem no go feel for you angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

But no be my fault say they no call me since march wey I write their test or for them not to be paying me like 6mil wey go

make me think of staying.

Bros, NLNG pass 6mil! cool

Shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:36am On Dec 14, 2007
Kenosym:

Drianny,

How Yaradua dey, hope say the breeze of all those politician wey dey Abuja dey touch you? Make you position yourself

strastegical 'cause Yaradua no get two heads.

Kenosym:

johnsonlaw,

I don drop my number for your email, if you here anything about our boat, do let me know.

Kenosym:

tombri,

Na waa for you ooh, how you go stingy reach like this.

I dey ask you wetin they tell una for 3rd dec. you dey tell me say they go take una go abroad na only that them tell una?

Bros, you don begin post consistent mails like Opoks?!

all of a sudden?

You no try. undecided

Meanwhile you dey since when we been dey build this thread . . .

Even b/f Opoks! came to the picture

And you were just doing your own runsaway on us? posting once in a pink moon? grin

You no try sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2007
tommyex:

hmmmmmmmm PAK
I trip 4 your last post oo,You sound so strong,i know those tests musta had an effect on you,but its cool u still have faith in God n your abilities too,for person wey dey always carry 1st 4 class like me grin

That 1 na jus test,I don't know if i have that kind of mental strenght yet oo,

Lets jus pray that Nigeria gets beta so coys like this will have less good graduates 2 employ from,i mean most of us will be working in places as good 2

So which date we go close curtains ere,

ehen before i forget please get yourself a TV,DSTV or HITV for those in PH i heard u have a new cable company and try 2 watch football on sunday,You ll love the experience

@tommyex

What are you even saying?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2007
@Kenosym

The numbers you asked for are in your box.

Sorry I forgot earlier I was as busy as Easy'n'Busy grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2007
@all

I bow out!

Opoks! has delivered his breakfast menu.

Make I go do better things!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2007
from what i hear not all the engr guys are in prod
some are in procurment even HR!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
I beg you all, do not listen to Opoks at all. He paints a skewed, propagandist picture of me: pathetic, needing love, needing prayers, and all that. Phew!  angry

I did go to see the young man at his Glo office. He can testify that I was all smiles, and bubbling with energy. This was our initial talk:

Opoks: I was not expecting to see someone like you.

Kuwena: O yeah? What were you expecting to see?

Opoks: Someone slimmer, a bit like me. And by the way, you do not look like someone who passed through anything of what you posted on the thread.

Kuwena: Really? What do I look like, then?

Opoks: Like someone born with a silver spoon.

Kuwena: (laughs) Indeed I was. And I tasted it for all of six, or even twelve years.

So how come he talks of prayers and love and all that? Bone that guy, o jare. I am still kicking. I have resumed work with Intercontinental, having finished Training, and I have started chopping their money in hundreds of thousands.

Yes, someone mentioned Voke Okelezo. I did the Training with him at Ofada. Strangely, he was the person I liked the most of all the 84 of us at the school. He is cheerful, easy to be with and very considerate. My kind of person. And I did tell Opoks I wished he was more cheerful.

Opoks, please stop posting mushy rubbish about me, okay?  angry

Wandel, correct guy! Thumbs up!

I am now starting to publish my manuscripts one after the other in the USA. Hopefully the first will be released in March and sold all over the world. Hope you guys will buy it.

I wish all of us well. One love, y'all!

cheesy I'm alive

'Cos e don mark am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go rule am-o! Na wa destiny, make dem no think am.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
By the way, I have bought a new phone, and a new line. I decided not to reactivate my former line, because I want to choose my contacts. It is said that he who would travel far must travel light. I do not want to encumber myself with needless relationships. At my convenience, I will make the calling contacts. These days, I just get busy, that's all! wink Bye.

P.S:
Maybe I will post longer tomorrow. I am doing the final proof-reading of Ninety Negro Numbers, preparatory to sending it to iuniverse.com for publishing. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.