Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (212066 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2008
We spent the rest of the night watching movies and yabbing the night out of one another grin

The next day was rather slow.
Continued with the deep and important topics that I was reasoning with Steve-ray the night before.
With weird things happening around the hotel room
Kenosky would show up with his craze to liven things up.

Spent most of the day hopping from one hotel room to the other, dining, meeting more peeps, helping them in collecting final travel documents, gisting and resting. You would think I was also Middlesbrough bound grin

The few times I wanted to go, you will hear; Ol boy! You dey work today? Where you wan go? You no dey go anywhere o! Stay with us o! grin

Fast-forward to 6pm, checking-out time.
Kenosky et al were already down at the reception, with their luggage.
Helped Steve-ray with some of his luggage down the reception only to meet the rest of the train at the reception, all with their luggage.
I have never seen a group of excited peeps in such a long time. You could catch the excitement in a nylon bag; all you need do was to open it in the air grin

I was immediately surrounded by various groups in a picture snapping session.
Being indoors most of the day, most peeps thought Opoks! had gone home.
While everyone else was dressed in their semi-winter drabs ready to hit the UK weather, I was the only one on native, ready to hit the mild Lagos harmattan grin

Then came the emotional part.
I now saw all the guys I had not seen the night before. And many more I had never seen in my two short visits to Eko Hotel.
The hugging session was very emotional.
In Nigeria, we no sabi express emotion, boys no fit cry. But when a man gives you a hug and looks you straight in the eye with that Opoks! you should have been here look, you kind of get the message.
And when you get the same hugs from the same guys, over five times in less than 20 mins, even if you were insensitive, it kind of sinks in.
We fought back tears.

But boys got to be strong.
It wasn't just about NLNG. I have gotten so close to some of those guys that you would think we were childhood friends who played ball, plucked mangoes and grew up playing pranks together.
It was about Friendship. This thread has touched more lives in ways I could not imagine and Opoks! had helped in touching them.
It was also about Courage. Few if anybody expected Opoks! to stay on till this last moment.
A few peeps called me by the side to salute my courage and the fact that I stood to wish them well.

Fast-forward to 6:20pm, the bus had arrived to take peeps to the airport and I even helped several peeps carry their luggage to the bus.
It was amazing watching a Biolabee acting conductor with the luggage and then crying out in frustration for help grin

Watching peeps board the bus for a final take off was another emotional moment.
Peeps stopped for a final hug, those who were already seated-tight in the bus waved.
Chukka stopped at the door for a hug, Crazy Ken stepped down for a hug and other guys I can't remember their names.
By then, I didn't know what I was feeling undecided cry

Final pleasantaries with Mohammed and Shabba and the bus door shut and slowly made its way out of Eko Hotel to Murtala Mohammed International Airport.
Opoks! made his way out of the Hotel
Meanwhile I called my friends and hommies; Lindiwe, Wandel, pgm, Kenosym and Adrianic to tell them in Christ's words; it is finished!

I couldn't get to the Airport 'cause that would have kept me till 11pm.

Life continues, friends made, fights fought, drama erupted and impressions formed that would be hard to erase.

Seeing this part of Which Way NLNG? concluded was a privilege to me.

It has not dulled my own plans which continues with renewed vigour.

I'm only afraid that pgm, Wandel and Kenosym have invited me for another session as from 28th of January, 2008.

Make una no break me o! embarassed cry

grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2008
lol

Opoks,
U don craze!!
when u go print the novel now?nice 1 there,emotional stuff
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2008
[b]Opoks[/b]No be small thing. thax for ur care, luv when u were around. Really it was real fun just that I wasnt there to keep u company cos of some traaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn!!!!!
To be sincere it was real fun and since we have gotten to Hartepool, Uk, It has been more fun.
grin angry sadJogging in the rain at temp of 0 to 4 degrees, it wasnt really easy but it was fun
Really have to go now, cos i really dont have enuf time to spend online but as soon as our internet facility is set i will inform you.
"Opoks, it was real fun having you around
"kenosky softly softly dey chop
"biolabee, new presido softly with ur policy
anyhow
safe
one luv

from Hartepool, UK
Re: Which Way Nlng? by DD5: 1:37am On Jan 23, 2008
man this thread is so so deep. Opoks wow!

Sorry Kuwena, been banned for a while and could not respond to ur questions.
I can be reached on davidylan@yahoo.com i'll be happy to answer any private questions u might have.

Opoks i must commend your power of imagery, you use words in a way that makes me almost visualize the bus, the hugs and the tears. kudos! I'm sure your time to smile is just round the corner. In Jesus name.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
Thanks D_D, I was just being myself.

About my time to smile , I'm currently having a swell time as my current job is not bad at all.

Beyond that, my plan Bs, Cs et al are all into gear.

My Greatest source of courage and confidence comes from my belief in God.

I believe that all things happen for a reason. If we can just see beyond the immediate results, then we would know that the future is brighter than the morning smiley

Cheers. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Opoks

You've kept the spirit and haven't folded; much love

@All
Today is day three and things are begining to pick up as some of us get used to being on the inside. I wait to see what this thread turns to over the next few weeks.

One love
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Skeelo

Thank you for posting.

I have already heard from Steve-ray & Crazy ken.

But why the jogging in the rain na?

Na NYSC una dey do (Ok I get, NLNG version grin)

I bet them go discharge una in six-months time with una Discharge Certificate grin

Ol boy! A lot of peeps been hussle make them go do that kain jogging even now sef, dem still dey hussle grin

My regards to tombri (sorry Ladiola undecided)

Kenosky still dey chop? E no fit chop pass Idobobo! grin

Chuka nko Una don barb? As barber money be 7 pounds per haircut, hope una no go carry dreadlocks enter Airport for August o! grin

Biolabee new presido, no worry, I go maintain home front for you grin

Kenosky don change his name to 'Kenosky Hills', no be 'Crazy Kenosky' again wetin Oyinbo land no fit do? undecided

Anyway, any of una wey go carry 'white train' come back, na im I go dey Airport, ready with a cain to send am back! grin for another six-month! shocked

from Kidneypool, V/I Lagos
Re: Which Way Nlng? by bobbyan(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Opoks just like i said u are the man, continue giving us the updating i relly enjoing the way u narrate everything. O boy u go write film one day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
Opoks! I am sorry as well. I guess it was all a huge misunderstanding. Your apology is taken; I hope mine is taken as well.

I am glad for my NLNG brothers who have gone to London for training. God will be with you all. I read my bible today (even though I no longer go to church, I still read my bible). I read about Daniel. My bible told me that in all matters of the mind, Daniel was found to be ten times smarter than all his colleagues. This is what I wish to happen to all my NLNG brothers in London.

Once again, may God bless you all. Amen.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2008
I PROMISED MYSELF NEVER TO WRITE ON THIS FORUM AGAIN, BUT READING OPOKS WORDS HERE HAS MOVED ME TO CHANGE MY MIND, BEING A MEMBER OF THIS THREAD IF ONLY TO MEET PEOPLE LIKE OPOKS ETC,,,HAS BEEN ALL WORTH IT, I DIDNT MAKE NLNG BUT NOW I SEE GIOD'S BIG PICTURE FOR MY LIFE, AND ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

KUWENA, PLS GO BACK AND BEG GOD, AND FOR ALL U THAT MADE IT TO NLNG, U ARE A TESTAMENT TO D DOGGEDNESS AND BRIGHT FUTURE THAT AWAITS ALL NIGERIAN GRADUATES AND DIS GREAT NATION OF OURS,

THIS IS A FINAL SALUTE TO ALL FRIENDS THAT I MET ON THIS FORUM, WANDEL, OPOKS,BIOLABEE,ADRIANIC, KUWENA,TOMMYEX ETC, LIFE GOES ON WITH OR WITHOUT NLNG, REMEBER GUYS
[size=11pt]

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE,
BE BRAVE NEVA GIVE UP, ,KEEP TRYING AND THE SKY IS JUST D BEGINING,

I LOVE U ALL AND KNOW THAT THIS YEAR WE WILL ALL RIDE ON EAGLES WINGS TO THE NEXT LEVEL, ONE LUV, PEACE, IM OUT, [/size
]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2008
@Uche

:DI'm so glad to see you back, even if only for a last time.

I was one of those who really missed your company and posts on the thread, esp during the waiting period.

Your pictorial depiction of Bonny Island was 2nd to none.
And your hints that the letters had started flying was the 1st on this thread.

Your contributions on this thread formed part of the drama and made the thread exciting 'n' enthusing wink

It's an irony that for all your efforts, you were not part of the 'chosen' ones.
So are Opoks! Kuwena, Adrianic and many other regular & non-regular posters.

Bu like I always say; the land is Green smiley

It is not what happens to you that determines who you are; it is what you do with/about it that defines who you are. cool

God Himself no dey sleep.
HE has PLANS for each and every member/non-member of this thread; only if we can learn to trust HIM.
And lean on HIM esp in defining moments such as this. cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2008
I concur with Opoks! I wish this may not be your last post here. I rejoice with you that you can see the big picture that your future presents. I hope it turns out exactly as you envision. Like you say, it is well. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2008
men its hard to ignore this thread i ve not posted since i found out i was not successful after the session at federal pal hotel ,bt u guys ve kept this thread on the front page since then and its good to see the original thread founders cumin back even if its to take an official bow out.

uche 7869 liked what u said about soaring on eagles wings to the next level it sorts of puts together the "winners chapel" and "rccg" cliches for 2008.

kuwena good to c u readin your bible again i read your write up where u were venting your anger at the system and religion n i  cud relate to it because i felt so mch pain havin i felt i had done enough spiritually too to deserve riding the "train" but after coolin off u jus see that NLNG is jus a small part of the bigger picture God is paintin n we ll all shine when He's through.In the end i ve to admit am a little more matured socially and spiritually after the NLNG waitin experience.

But my hats go off for u OPOKS u stayed on this thread when it was mostly only those that were successful and invited 4 medicals posting and men i no for fit de eko hotel on the night of their departure to the UK, i think u doin that makes u a very "BIG" man indeed.

The folks at Boro live our NLNG 2008 dreams.

My people enough said, keep soarin we go reach there.1luv
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:50am On Jan 25, 2008
my peeps, e no easy- lets all tank God we r naijirians! Y? u pay tax on everything in this country- bottomline e no easy to live here, its expensive- i aint whining though cos mi no dey pay any of those many many tax and i really dont av plans of settling in this country. Naija is blessed- believe mi wen i say so,

@opoks, ur large heart will take u to greater heights, shey u c belewu story na

@kuwena, i m glad i can reply to ur post again, thanx for ur prayers, the skies are only just starting points for u

@uche7689, he who posts and runsaway (oops!!!) lives to post anoda day

@adrian, now i dey vex cos u no dey represent again, na wetin na

@ mohid (thanx for returning), u v also got a large heart

@davidylan (D_D), i admire u, keep the flag flying!!!

@all the runaway peeps dem, i promise u guys one thing- THIS THREAD WILL NOT DIE, AT LEAST NOT IN THE HEARTS OF WINNERZ (we r all winnerz whatever angle u look at it from!!!)
cool cool tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2008
cheesy

Hurrah to hear from you, Kenosky! Indeed you are giving this thread an Intercontinental appeal. We now have posters from Nigeria, the United States (David), and England (Kenosky).

Waow! I suppose it is winter there? And though the time down here is 12.09 pm, it is probably 11.09 am over there. This of course is because Nigeria is 15 degrees longitude from the GMT (England's time), and consequently one hour ahead.

Today, you must know, Nigeria is playing against Mali, after having lost to Ivory Coast by a lone goal. I hope you will be able to watch it over there. I hope the weather is not too cold. Kano is very cold at this time; but I know I cannot compare it to England.

My dear, how are you? I feel so excited that you are posting on our thread all the way from England! How was the trip? I want to know all about it, all the details. Where are you guys staying? In a hotel, or is there a boarding facility? (You know, like when I was at Intercontinental training school at Ofada and it was a typical boarding house scenario). Is that what you have over there?

What is the course of study going to be like? I am told you guys are to spend six months. Please tell us how you are coping. On the thread, and privately (kuwena@yahoo.com).

Frankly, news from abroad excites me, because it seems that is where my heart is.

About tax, just thank God you're not the one paying (lol). So just have fun and be cool. Keep posting; love to hear from you. By the way, how are the people like; I mean the whites: are they friendly? I hear English people are diplomatic; has that been your experience? Please fill me in with all the details. ALL THE DETAILS. ALL. Okay?

All my love!

cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2008
We spent the rest of the night watching movies and yabbing the night out of one another

The next day was rather slow.
Continued with the deep and important topics that I was reasoning with Steve-ray the night before.
With weird things happening around the hotel room
Kenosky would show up with his craze to liven things up.

Spent most of the day hopping from one hotel room to the other, dining, meeting more peeps, helping them in collecting final travel documents, gisting and resting. You would think I was also Middlesbrough bound

The few times I wanted to go, you will hear; Ol boy! You dey work today? Where you wan go? You no dey go anywhere o! Stay with us o!

Fast-forward to 6pm, checking-out time.
Kenosky et al were already down at the reception, with their luggage.
Helped Steve-ray with some of his luggage down the reception only to meet the rest of the train at the reception, all with their luggage.
I have never seen a group of excited peeps in such a long time. You could catch the excitement in a nylon bag; all you need do was to open it in the air

I was immediately surrounded by various groups in a picture snapping session.
Being indoors most of the day, most peeps thought Opoks! had gone home.
While everyone else was dressed in their semi-winter drabs ready to hit the UK weather, I was the only one on native, ready to hit the mild Lagos harmattan

Then came the emotional part.
I now saw all the guys I had not seen the night before. And many more I had never seen in my two short visits to Eko Hotel.
The hugging session was very emotional.
In Nigeria, we no sabi express emotion, boys no fit cry. But when a man gives you a hug and looks you straight in the eye with that Opoks! you should have been here look, you kind of get the message.
And when you get the same hugs from the same guys, over five times in less than 20 mins, even if you were insensitive, it kind of sinks in.
We fought back tears.

But boys got to be strong.
It wasn't just about NLNG. I have gotten so close to some of those guys that you would think we were childhood friends who played ball, plucked mangoes and grew up playing pranks together.
It was about Friendship. This thread has touched more lives in ways I could not imagine and Opoks! had helped in touching them.
It was also about Courage. Few if anybody expected Opoks! to stay on till this last moment.
A few peeps called me by the side to salute my courage and the fact that I stood to wish them well.

Fast-forward to 6:20pm, the bus had arrived to take peeps to the airport and I even helped several peeps carry their luggage to the bus.
It was amazing watching a Biolabee acting conductor with the luggage and then crying out in frustration for help

Watching peeps board the bus for a final take off was another emotional moment.
Peeps stopped for a final hug, those who were already seated-tight in the bus waved.
Chukka stopped at the door for a hug, Crazy Ken stepped down for a hug and other guys I can't remember their names.
By then, I didn't know what I was feeling

Final pleasantaries with Muhammad and Shabba and the bus door shut and slowly made its way out of Eko Hotel to Murtala Muhammad International Airport.
Opoks! made his way out of the Hotel
Meanwhile I called my friends and hommies; Lindiwe, Wandel, pgm, Kenosym and Adrianic to tell them in Christ's words; it is finished!

I couldn't get to the Airport 'cause that would have kept me till 11pm.

Life continues, friends made, fights fought, drama erupted and impressions formed that would be hard to erase.

Seeing this part of Which Way NLNG? concluded was a privilege to me.

It has not dulled my own plans which continues with renewed vigour.

I'm only afraid that pgm, Wandel and Kenosym have invited me for another session as from 28th of January, 2008.

Make una no break me o!

Looking at this again, I must confess I found it well written. Opoks, you do have considerable literary skill! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2008
OpoksNo be small thing. thax for your care, love when u were around. Really it was real fun just that I wasnt there to keep u company because of some traaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn!!!!!
To be sincere it was real fun and since we have gotten to Hartepool, Uk, It has been more fun.
Jogging in the rain at temp of 0 to 4 degrees, it wasnt really easy but it was fun
Really have to go now, because i really don't have enough time to spend online but as soon as our internet facility is set i will inform you.
"Opoks, it was real fun having you around
"kenosky softly softly dey chop
"biolabee, new presido softly with your policy
anyhow
safe
one love

from Hartepool, UK

Live in London, the Centre of the World; the home of the Queen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kali: 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2008
plz i am new in this forum, my question is that does LNG, shell and other oil companies only call graduates with 2.1 for test. becos i am actually struggling to make 2.1 in sch. i am in my final yr. gas engr. plz someone should plz help with the answer.thanks
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
Hey! how far? long time fellas

Sorry for being away for so long.

Congrats to the UK peeps

Am havin my own UK here in Jos, men its really cold here too

I sleep with gloves, socks, head warmers, blankets and all.

Hey young Kali,

Funny enough NLNG did not restrict applications to only first class and 2.1

2.2's also took part in the recruitment process, but that's an exception rather than rule.

most big players will always ask for at least a 2.1

do everything possible on this earth (and even seek help above) to at least make an upper.

by the way where do u study? I dont think have heard of Gas engr. in any naija univ.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Biafran(f): 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2008
Pak, Uniport does offer Gas Engineering, that's probably where the dude schools,

I'm happy that peace is sort of back on this thread, and interesting topics are being discussed, I was considering inviting the old Biafran soildiers on this thread for another round of war, grin

Opoks, i commend you! You are a great guy, keep doing what you know how to do, wink

Kuwena, you're definitely recovering, pls allow the recovery process to flow on, kiss

Kenosky, i can see you're definitely having fun, pls dude enjoy yourself, so also other peeps out there,

We wish our country the very best 2day, If they don't will, then we must form Biafran team by fire by force, grin

Later,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
Kuwena Thanks.

Kenosky thanks.

Mohid thanks.

Bobbyan thanks.

Biafran thanks. grin

Abonohai thanks.

Phew! undecided

Looking at this thread these days, I must say that I get very emotional cry cry cry cry

With all the raves coming to Opoks! I must say that I get softer undecided[ anytime I read the thread.

It's as though the objective of starting and joining the thread has been accomplished but members (both readers only & posters) find it hard to abandon the thread; anyhow you look at it, we've become emotionally attached and attracted to this thread

This includes all those who only check it sparingly or post very sparingly undecided
And those who feign to have abandoned the thread but quietly check it every now and then. wink

I can see a section of the future of Nigeria in just one recruitment exercise undecided, I can also feeeeeeeel the heartbeat of Nigeria in just one recruitment exercise embarassed  And who thought that we had a bleak future My humble opinion is that the future is as bright as the many and different characters that I met on the thread cry cry wink and off it. cool

These days, I spend my leisure time mostly 'connecting'. smiley
My lunch with Uche7869 yesterday was mostly unexpected, so also was my hang-out with Lindiwe same yesterday.
Ex-LNG bound babe, Bahbei had me on her lunch date last week.
I don't even wanna mention the many sporadic phone calls from the many 'friends' whom I met on the thread. These days they include foreign calls. undecided
It's like I'm running an organisation outside my present organisation undecided
I don't even know how to convert it to making money yet undecided Anyone with good ideas undecided

Talking about PLAN Bs, Cs and so on, first, I have come to appreciate my present job in Glo.
Though I still find it hard adapting to 'thinking outside the box' as often required in my present unit, thinking like a telecoms engineer, which I'm not .  .  .
Getting used to the many technical terms, politics and business dynamics that affect & influence the part of the industry which I play in and swimming in the many troubled waters which the job throws you .  .  . close your eyes for a moment and companies will reap you off 'cause it involves both online and offline deals.
And once you are caught napping for a moment, Glo will squeeze the account officer's throat undecided

I'm simply a guy with a commercial background, who is forced to think telecoms in perhaps one of the most technical & dicey part of the business and with no formal trainings.
Glo simply puts you on the job .  .  .  you either sink or swim. Either perform or get thrown out. Litttle or no mercy. sad
Even though I face all these almost on a daily basis, I still appreciate the fact that I have food to eat and that the LORD is keeping me here.

The last time I checked, Glo's pay standard is still the highest in the industry.
And they have the aggression and ego to maintain that standard.

That not withstanding, my PLAN C is already in gear.
Did a Mobil Producing test for an Experienced Procurement Officer sometime this mid-January.
Test format was same as NLNG's; both the Verbal Reasoning & the Numerical Reasoning sections had the same questions repeated, word for word, figure for figure. I don't know whether all these Oil firms are in the same league with their recruitment questions undecided

Does that mean that I must pass the test Sincerely, I was more prepared for NLNG than for this.
Unlike with NLNG where I finished all the questions, I could not even finish my maths! undecided
And there was this candidate seated next to me who was not only distracting me with his 'copykat' antics, he went as far as kicking my leg to alert me that my hand was covering my answer script! angry angry angry
I almost released a back-hand slap angry I don't like when I'm hussling for 'Groundnut', someone cannot only copy quietly but noisily, distracting me from thinking well & reducing my own speed angry I realised that I was in public, hence I comported myself and managed him.

The only difference between Mobil's test format and that of NLNG was an Abstract Reasoning section with shapes that looked like insanity sad
And for some insane moments, Opoks! was struggling to answer as many insane questions as possible sad
I wonder when companies would learn to reserve those abnormal questions for those who do not think normally and the normal questions for normal minds
The frustration I felt was written all over my face embarassed At various times, I held my head, two ears, squinted my eyes, made desperate faces to the invigilators, breathed hard, almost turned my question paper upside down just to reason in line with the insanity spread out before me embarassed

As much as I circled my options, I strongly sensed within me that they might be wrong but had little options as the rest of the options were looking like voodoo shocked shocked shocked
I managed 31 questions out of 40 in that section.
I only hope that my answers are insanely correct embarassed

Should I then go and start another thread; Which Way Mobil Producing? by Opoks!
Lai! lai!! I no get that kain time this year o!. sad
Keeping up with Which Way NLNG? took its toll on me shakes head
Let them start the thread, grow it, suffer what we suffered and God-willing, when the successful letters start arriving, I may drop in like the Tombris, Biolabees, Johnsonlaws, Abonohais, Skeelolos et al and start shouting eureka! cheesy
I have paid my dues on this thread.

Talking about PLAN Ds, Es and .  .  .  PLan Z, my wondering mind continues to ponder a lot of things and everyday is a little PLAN accomplished. wink
And my praying knees continue to bend 'cause I need constant direction from above.
Both easy and difficult decisions are pondered and made everyday, alternatives are forgone and several actions taken that make us grow either older, younger, happier, more content or more challenged wink

I CONCLUDE BY SAYING THAT IT IS WELL WITH OUR SOULS smiley

TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR FUTURE WOULD HAVE TAKEN CHARGE OF ITSELF.

I wonder when my addiction to this thread will end undecided

It will end one day angry

I will have to end it myself one day. cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kali: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2008
hey Pak, thks for the answer, it gives a little hope cheesy,but are u tring to say that 2.2 holders have lesser chances of getting oil job. i am very nervous because for me to make 2.1, i need 1st class in both semesters - final year.which is going to be extra-ordinarily tideous. do you also mean u've not met or heard of anyone who got an oil job with 2.2, if not that means 2.2 holder have no hope for job in Ninejah-oil jobs, except bank jobs.

well, how is the cold in jos, i stay in kano, there is cold here too but i don't think it is as cold as jos.

Did u sch at jos-unijos, cos my sister finished from jos she read chemistry.

PAk and other forum members thanks for reading.

plz i need answers.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2008
Kali, contrary to what you have been told (except I'm wrong), NLNG did require only first classers and two-ones. That is what I do recall.

The first classers and two-ones that took the first test were over 18,000. Then when it was time for the second test, only about 5,000 were still on board. By the Assessment Centre, the number had come down to about 464. Then when it was time for medicals, I think the number had become something like 90 or so.

Please read hard. A first class or a two-one will pay you. Good luck as well won't hurt; I know some two-two people who have plum jobs, and some first classers who have not. It's neither here nor there. Just do your best and as they say, leave the rest. Okay? Good.

Opoks! Good luck on your new pursuits. Let us pray that 2008 will bless us all.

With love. And peace. And joy. For all of us.

Amen.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2008
Before I sign out for today, I want to reach out to all of us everywhere and say that 2008 will meet us each at our points of need. God bless you.

Talk to you tomorrow!

One love. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2008
Today is Sunday, the start of another week, in the new year 2008. Maybe it is because we are still in January, or why does it seem as if I am somewhat freaked out about this year? We all have stakes and prsyers for what we want God to do for us this new year and we know that we want him to do it in time, whether that time be his or ours. What we know is that we want to see him active in our situations and to make sure that we end up achieveing what it is we set out to achieve in the new year. For those of us who are still believeing God for that job or that turn around in an economic situation that is not so favourable, let us pray that somehow our God gets to listen to our cries and help us to achieve what he wants for us in the new year. And God be praised if his will for us coincides with our own wish for ourselves. Because it means that all we pray for will come to pass. God bless us all.

I also want to encourage our NLNG successfuls to keep posting. This thread was made for them, and it is they who are inbound to NLNG that must now take up the responsibility to ensure that this thread does not lose i ts original NLNG flavour, or what do you all think? Methinks they should not keep us in the dark as to what is happening in their lives. It is their thread as much as it is ours. Feel me? I hope so. Thank you very much and God bless. Happy Sunday, and happy new week ahead.

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2008
Kali,
as people have said,2.1 is a huge advantage,almost a must to get a job in the oil sector,infact if we dont take time 1st class or masters degree will be a criterion.,except u have solid connection though.
Try ur best,read well n leave the rest for God,he knows best.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2008
ALL HAIL THE EAGLES

This is in no way intended to be a satirical piece

but a true assesment of reality.

For me, I felt the eagles (as from today remove the Super) of Naija for the

first time in a long while really payed their hearts out against Mali. The only problem

was that they met more than their match. You cannot begrudge those guys.

agreed, the attack and defence was out of sorts but they really threw everything in, including the kitchen sink.

The issue is that we expect our team to 'always' be the best, which cannot always be so.

On monday, we played probably 'the best team in africa' according to Berti Vogts but on

Friday I guess he must have realised, we were playing probably 'the best side in the world'.

Our dissapointments have made us fail to realise the obvious, the Nigerian eagles were

good but the malian eagles were simply world class. It is a priviledge that we could even

play a draw against them. If they can keep their head up they will surely get to the final.

I mean, looking at the game, their was simply no comparison,

the two Nigerian strikers (Obafemi and Yakubu) could not measure up to one Kanoute.

Seydou Keita showed that the six years experience between Nigeria '99 where he was voted

the BEST PLAYER of the tournament and Holland '05 where Mikel was voted 2ND best, really mattered.

John Obi tried but he was simply outclassed.

Trying to place Olofinjana beside Mammodou Diarra is pointless, its like comparing a meter to a mile.

Tell me what did you expect, when a team has a midfield and attack that comprised of

Dramane Traore, Mimo Sissoko, Diarra, Keita, Sidibe and Kanoute and with some other fire power

waiting on the bench? Abeg the Eagles tried Jare, its a classic case of 'water passing garri'.

Take hearts soccer faithful, Angola 2010 is not too far away, though some of us would have gotten married

by then.

Anyway for the die hards, technically speaking, Nigeria is not out yet, as they say, 'the opera aint over until

the fat lady sings' , I agree with you but I'll rather watch a game of Langer than sit down for the last round of group matches

hoping naija will qualify.

see you tommorow
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2008
my dear not even only Oil and Gas jobs, almost all except bank jobs ask for 2.1 and above, even some banks have started asking for 2.1, do ur best ok
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2008
Hi People!!!

Been a while. I hope everyone's ok.

I read through the posts and came up with an idea. I have decided to maintain a blog to give you insider gists of my sojourn on Bonny Island. Well i already have a couple of posts. Please read through and don't leave without dropping a comment. Thanks everyone!! wink

www.folayemianifowoshe.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2008
Please consider it as my personal contribution to the GREAT cause of keeping in touch, wink

Cheers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2008
Pak
Nice words,Even if they aint super eagles today they will surely still get to that top form,2 years is ok for us to regroup for the world cup,I hope Yaradua declares a state of emergency in the NFA wink,seriously thats where the corruption starts from.

Watch us qualify 2moro.
Have a nice week every1
Re: Which Way Nlng? by RobbieLex: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2008
opokonwa:

That not withstanding, my PLAN C is already in gear.
Did a Mobil Producing test for an Experienced Procurement Officer sometime this mid-January.
Test format was same as NLNG's; both the Verbal Reasoning & the Numerical Reasoning sections had the same questions repeated, word for word, figure for figure. I don't know whether all these Oil firms are in the same league with their recruitment questions undecided

Does that mean that I must pass the test Sincerely, I was more prepared for NLNG than for this.
Unlike with NLNG where I finished all the questions, I could not even finish my maths! undecided
And there was this candidate seated next to me who was not only distracting me with his 'copykat' antics, he went as far as kicking my leg to alert me that my hand was covering my answer script! angry angry angry
I almost released a back-hand slap angry I don't like when I'm hussling for 'Groundnut', someone cannot only copy quietly but noisily, distracting me from thinking well & reducing my own speed angry I realised that I was in public, hence I comported myself and managed him.

The only difference between Mobil's test format and that of NLNG was an Abstract Reasoning section with shapes that looked like insanity sad
And for some insane moments, Opoks! was struggling to answer as many insane questions as possible sad
I wonder when companies would learn to reserve those abnormal questions for those who do not think normally and the normal questions for normal minds
The frustration I felt was written all over my face embarassed At various times, I held my head, two ears, squinted my eyes, made desperate faces to the invigilators, breathed hard, almost turned my question paper upside down just to reason in line with the insanity spread out before me embarassed

As much as I circled my options, I strongly sensed within me that they might be wrong but had little options as the rest of the options were looking like voodoo shocked shocked shocked
I managed 31 questions out of 40 in that section.
I only hope that my answers are insanely correct embarassed

Should I then go and start another thread; Which Way Mobil Producing? by Opoks!
Lai! lai!! I no get that kain time this year o!. sad
Keeping up with Which Way NLNG? took its toll on me shakes head
Let them start the thread, grow it, suffer what we suffered and God-willing, when the successful letters start arriving, I may drop in like the Tombris, Biolabees, Johnsonlaws, Abonohais, Skeelolos et al and start shouting eureka! cheesy

I wrote that same test opoks and i cannot agree with you more, but as abonormal as the questions where, if its meant to be it will be. I have written worse tests and passed. So don't ignore the God factor, I heard the cut off marks are mind blowing though,crazily high, but like i said God dey!!!

You never know about that thread, wait till you pass and who knows we might be meeting somewhere else soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.