Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,397 members, 7,891,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria (1795 Views)

9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / The 7 Car Wash Tips Recommended By Experts / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2018
Thieves are not just interested in the valuables you leave inside your car; they are also after your car parts. There are specific car parts that are very catchy to thieves and they can go extreme lengths to have them.

Stealing a whole car is a very risky job to pull through, most thieves resort to stealing parts that can easily be hidden and sold off. To them, it’s easier than stealing the whole car.

These thieves that steal car parts are not just seen roaming on the streets, a lot of them flock the seaport and are ever ready to devour a car being shipped into the country.

Some of the parts they steal are very costly and scarce in the country and the demands are on the high side. They just steal, sell and make their bucks. They can always sell them in Ladipo market; getting buyers isn’t the problem.

These are the 7 car parts and accessories that usually get stolen in Nigeria

1. Catalytic converters:

This is the top item on our list. Every car is meant to come with a catalytic converter. It can be found in the exhaust system and its work is to convert harmful compounds from the exhaust into harmless or less harmful ones. It is sad that some car dealers are among the perpetrators of catalytic converter thieving. One scape goat in unknowingly enter their net.
This is another reason why you should contact a car inspector before purchase. Don’t be a victim.

2. Car entertainment system:

This was one of the most stolen car parts back in the days. It’s no hard job for thieves once they make it into the car. The story is gradually changing for later car models as it is not that easy to be tampered with. The easily stolen entertainment systems like the detachable radios are gradually phasing out.

3. Car Logos and Badges:

Getting off a logo is not a very huge task for most thieves; except they are reinforced. The logos are not hidden and they can be forcefully detached by serious thieves. As simple as they might look, they can be pricey. Other badges like football club badges that worth something to you can as well be ripped off from your car.

4. Batteries:

Once a thief gets access into your hood, this is mainly their target. Battery is one of the few things thieves can easily disappear with. They can add your dipstick as bonus. Ensure you always park your car in a safe spot, especially at night.

5. Jack, wheel spanner and C-Caution:

This is a very common practice at the port. The very smart thieves have their ways of taking away the jacks and wheel spanners in the cars shipped into the country. Other valuables that must have come with the car are not exempted; they carry them as well.

6. Wheels:

The wheels are among the car parts stolen mostly at night. The wheel is made up of a tyre and a rim. A serious thief can target a car and make away with all the wheels. A car that is parked in a less secured environment are mostly targeted. Do well to read about Tyre Blowout, Causes And How They Happen - HERE

7. Footmats:

This is the last but not the least of them all. Some hungry hoodlums or crazy kleptomaniac can take this out of your car.

https://autojosh.com/7-most-stolen-car-parts-and-accessories-in-nigeria/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like

Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by Fierce11: 11:14am On Oct 23, 2018
2years ago, one bastard stole the cover of my coolant tank.. I'm sure it's one of my mechanics' boys.. I was suprised that the cover even reach 800naira.. Chai.. Mere cover o.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by CarGuidNG: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2018
smiley
Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by Computergloba: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nice topic

So many things in a vehicle can be stolen
Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by Imustreturn(m): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ladipo bois
Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2018
Imustreturn:
Ladipo bois
Yes if toy ever have the luxury of passing the night in Mushin or Surulere then make sure your car is packed in a secured location
Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by Imustreturn(m): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
erico2k2:

Yes if toy ever have the luxury of passing the night in Mushin or Surulere then make sure your car is packed in a secured location
they can even steal human being u won't even know

1 Like

Re: 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria by MollyClarkson: 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
Honestly stolen car parts are not something new or uncommon not online in Nigeria but everywhere you have cars. There a re a lot of claims like that in the states as well especially since so many cars are available n the streets on America. I used to live in a fairly dangerous neighborhood when I first moved away from my parents (I could not afford something in a safer place) and I have also been a victim of car thieves myself. They broke the windshield and stole my stereo as well so they scratched my leather upholstery. I was really upset and scared and I went to the shop and had the windshield fixed. As for my stereo and other parts of my salon I had to look for alternatives since buying it from the salon was not an option. I have been googling and in the end I cam across this really cool online store that had decent options. If you guys are interested in looking for decent car parts you can check them here: https://www.funftesrad.com/produkt-kategorie/suzuki/vitara/. Hopefully it will be of some use to you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Does Bolt Accept 02 Big Daddy / What's Your Favourite AWD Family Sedan Or Wagon? / Nissan Altima 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.