Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,424 members, 7,920,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:11 AM

How I Got My Dream Job In Just Two Weeks – My Story And Lessons Learned - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got My Dream Job In Just Two Weeks – My Story And Lessons Learned (879 Views)

I Did POS Attendant For Two Weeks / What No Employer Will Tell You. I Learned This The Hard Way / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Got My Dream Job In Just Two Weeks – My Story And Lessons Learned by JobAffairs(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
To every unemployed graduate and to those who need a better job...

Going to school is good but the problem today is what happens after graduates leave the four walls of our higher intuitions.

I could remember when I was in school, all we dreamt about is a good paying job right after our NYSC program and you can all guess those types of jobs I’m talking about. These are jobs many people all dream of – banks, oil companies, and the big spending and earning telecommunication firms including multinationals. These are just where every graduate always prays to get a job with.

But fast forward till today and you should know that the dream of yesterday has only been a dream which has never been fulfilled or realized.

Today, I want to share something important with everyone here who has been looking for a job or anyone who needs a better job.

It pisses me off today whenever I see my mates or anyone complaining of not getting a job. I really understand what it feels like to be in the frustrating period of spending months and even years at home doing nothing after applying for jobs all around but with little or no result to show for it.

What really pisses me off is the fact that many job seekers are just ignorant of the fact that they are the ones who have been in the way of getting a job all these while.

What do I mean by this?

I’m not a serious religious guy but I’m a guy who knows some Bible verses off hand even if it means not remembering the exact verses and chapter but I can remember a passage in the bible that goes like this…

“My people are perishing because they lack knowledge…”

Now, let’s remove the word “perishing” and “knowledge” and let reframe this passage like this:

“My job seekers are still without a job because they lack the right information on how to get a job even in these days of digital involvement and fiercely competitive job market.”

That is just the bitter truth – many graduates today are still without a job because they lack the necessary knowledge and information they need to win the job hunting battle in today’s unfriendly job seeking reality.

In this thread, I’m going to share a lot about smarter ways to go about getting a job as fast and easy as many would never have known of and I will also be sharing smart tips and strategies that have helped my partner land the job of his dream in just two weeks and also everything I’ve been doing in the past that has resulted in making employers running after me and calling my phone all days just to get me to work for them and when I say this – I’m not kidding but you will get to know why that happened soon as you follow this thread.

A Brief Background about him And the Story Of his Dream Job in Just Two Weeks

I graduated with a Bsc in Computer Science in Oct 2008 but before graduation, I’ve been the guy who knows that I’m not made for being an employee and that reality and fact has always been my guarding light in school.

I spend not much time to get a first class degree just as many of my mates and there are even semesters that I keep skipping lectures just to watch my forex trades back in the days when the forex craze is all everywhere but I must say that I made lot of money then that many of my classmates will always tell me that I like money a lot but will you blame me since I know that even if I have a first class, I’m still going to need a job to make money but what if I can make that money now even without needing a job?

To cut the story short, I graduated and went for my NYSC program in June 2009 which helped me served in a big Federal Agency in which a friend of my Dad is one of their Directors but I hate working there for that one year and I personally thwart any opportunity I had to be retained as a full staff which would have me being out of the country before now for my master degree but I declined that because I hate every single day working there and after completing my NYSC year, I opt to start my own small business firm with all the money I saved during my NYSC days and I saved a lot because I was well paid then as a corper and also, I have the privilege to serve not far from home where I was sheltered and feed for free.

But after some months of trying to get my business off the ground without much traction because of lack of funds to work with, I decided to get a job at least to make some money to get my business off the ground.

But I hate to follow the usual way of getting a job which has been applying for jobs online via all the job search sites and waiting for the miracle that will happen after that. I decided never to follow this same path that has rendered my best friend then a frustrated guy after spending a lot submitting his resume and applying for thousands of job and travelling all the way to Abuja, PH and far way Kano for job interviews which yielded nothing more than the usual “we will get back to you later”.

Instead opted to find a better way to get the job I want and my job searching story begun……

This will be the first part of this 6 part series of post and I still have lots to say and share with everyone so keep tab with me here.

If you are wondering how you can play your job search game smartly and win fast unlike before when it’s been quite difficult and sometimes frustrating to get employers to say that much needed YES to you, then you need to read this book – Secret Codes to Land Your Dream Job. It comes with a special package for every serious individual who needs a job urgently.

Click here to have access: http://www.careerdevelopmentproject.com.ng/my-dream-job/

Also, If you have any job search or career related question you will like to ask me, then feel free to shoot me your question

Catch you here again for part two of this career and life-changing post…

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Current Job Vacancies At Compovine Technology Limited / Customer Sales Officer At Covantage BPO Limited / Riders Needed Urgently For O-Ride In Lagos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.