Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

Iran Scientist: Cia Offered Me $50m To Lie About Nuclear Secrets - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Scientist: Cia Offered Me $50m To Lie About Nuclear Secrets (685 Views)

Former CIA Agent, On Death Bed, Confesses To Assassinating Marilyn Monroe / EFCC Discovered $50m In Account Of Pdp's Jarrett Tenebe Yesterday / Taiwan Lawmakers Fight Over Nuclear Plant Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iran Scientist: Cia Offered Me $50m To Lie About Nuclear Secrets by johnblaze1: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2010
Patrick Cockburn
Independent
July 16, 2010

A d v e r t i s e m e n t
An Iranian scientist who says he was abducted and taken to the United States by the CIA returned to Tehran yesterday to a hero’s welcome and claimed that he had been pressured into lying about his country’s nuclear programme.

Shahram Amiri said that he was on the hajj pilgrimage when he was seized at gunpoint in the city of Medina, drugged and taken to the US, where he says Israel was involved in his interrogation. In the US, officials were reported to have admitted that Mr Amiri was paid more than $5m (£3.2m) by the CIA for information about Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

The US claims to have received useful information from him in return for the money, but is clearly embarrassed by his very public return to Iran. The offer of a large bribe is reportedly part of a special US programme to get Iranian nuclear scientists to defect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-scientist-cia-offered-me-50m-to-lie-about-nuclear-secrets-2027718.html

(1) (Reply)

How Can Africa Prevent The Plunder Of Its Lands By Western Powers? / Ex-panama Strongman Noriega Heads Home To Prison / The Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.