Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President (21904 Views)

Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / No Survivors' As Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes On Way To Kenya / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by CapussoSeba: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
smiley
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
and some redundant ancestor wants to die there!
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by anslem2: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
Its still happens in Africa....Ask Kemi Adeosun fmr finance minister grin
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Sammy1932(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
[quote author=SolutionMee post=72399826]cheesy
This is not worth celebrating cuz in 1991, something happened but nobody knew. grin grin grin
Joke apart, other African countries seem to be getting it right this year in particular.
What's wrong with my nabe? When will we get it right as a nation? When will the giant in us come alive? When will our government stop preaching integrity and start acting it? When will we become a proud citizen? I know it's too late for me to enjoy a better Nigeria but I don't want this plague to become a generational doom. I want generations unborn to look up to us. I want them to forever appreciate us for the sacrifice of building a better Nigeria. A more organized Nigeria. I don't just want our present generation to make history. I want us to change history. I want Nigeria to be great. Each time I see America citizens being proud of their citizenship, I feel jealous and always envy them. When will I be proud of my motherland? When will I be proud of Nigeria?
SolutionMee bursted into uncontrollable tears... I cried!
[/qum;wote

It's not too late for you my dear to enjoy see it or enjoy such great things happen in our beloved country. I believe we shall all see and enjoy a. Nigeria we had. both dreamed, prayed and hoped about. The giant in us as a Nation will surely rise up and take its rightful place in the committee of Nations.

#Nigeria will surely rule the World and I will live to see it happen soon.
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by billbonesmd(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
But he will, before your very eyes. grin
ChrisMafian:

Atiku will never become president in my country.
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by billbonesmd(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
[quote author=Sammy1932 post=72401410][/quote]

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by billbonesmd(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] shocked[quote author=Sammy1932 post=72401410][/quote]
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by dasparrow: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who says the sense of self-worth and integrity is extinct in Africa?

This is to be greatly commended because I know it CAN never happen in my home country Nigeria.

Nigeria na country?

1 Like

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by AngelicBeing: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who says the sense of self-worth and integrity is extinct in Africa?

This is to be greatly commended because I know it CAN never happen in my home country Nigeria.

Because Nigeria is a shithole jungle tongue
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by dasparrow: 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
[quote author=Sammy1932 post=72401410][/quote

Yeah right! Nigeria rule the world when Nigeria cannot even boast of uninterrupted electricity supply. Dream on dreamer!
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by lexy2014: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mccullum:
He's a ceremonial president without executive power and he was exhausted of being ceremonial, that's why he resigned..

Like how Nnamdi Azikwe was ceremonial president to Tafawa Balewa in 1963 - 66 in the first republic of Nigeria...

Never compare ceremonial president
with executive president.
Looking @ d mans face u go c say d work don tire d man

1 Like

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Haddock(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ekakamba:
To those who said "alcohol won't take you anywhere".... Where has soft drinks taken you to? grin tongue

Hahaha! Ol' boy, you vex o. E be like say person sue you for drinking alcohol o

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by mitelesi: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Enhance your website security. Let's Manage Your Website So You Can Focus On Growing Your Business

Do you have a business website, E-commerce, Multi-level Marketing Website, Web Blog or other types of brand website and you want it maintained regularly and professionally while you focus on your business?

CONTACT US NOW TO GET YOUR WEBSITE SUPERCHARGED!

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by wink2015(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
EzegeNG:
President Mulatu Teshome of Ethiopia filed resignation request to the Ethiopian parliament today.

Teshome, who has been the East African country’s head of state since October 2013, submitted his letter of resignation to the Ethiopian parliament’s two houses. They are scheduled to consider his resignation.

The houses would eventually name his successor in a joint extraordinary session on Thursday. The joint extraordinary session of the Ethiopian parliament on Thursday “will deliberate on the president’s application for resignation and will elect a new president.’’ according to ENA news agency.

The president, who conducted his doctoral studies in international law at Peking University in China, was unanimously appointed as Ethiopia’s president on October 7, 2013 while he was serving as Ethiopia’s ambassador to Turkey. Teshome is a member of Oromo Democratic Party, one of the four member parties of the ruling Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front.

His imminent resignation also came shortly after Ethiopian government’s cabinet reshuffle. The Ethiopian House of People’s Representatives, the Ethiopian parliament’s lower house, earlier approved the appointment of 16 new cabinet members upon the endorsement of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, in which only four of the previous cabinet’s members remained in their positions.

Teshome, 63, had served in various high-level Ethiopian government offices and ministries as deputy minister of economic development and cooperation, minister of agriculture, and spokesperson of the house of federation.

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/63-year-old-ethiopian-president-mulatu-teshome-resigns/

AND EX-PRESIDENT OBASANJO WAS ASKING FOR A THIRD TERM.

Ethiopia seems to be showing to the outside world that Africa is not a total forgone failure.

This country has a fantastic world class airline "ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE" which is their national carrier.

But in Nigeria our political class use corruption to crumble Nigeria Airways.

What a failed country called Nigeria!
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Lotechi(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
This is not worth celebrating cuz in 1991, something happened but nobody knew. grin grin grin
Joke apart, other African countries seem to be getting it right this year in particular.
What's wrong with my nabe? When will we get it right as a nation? When will the giant in us come alive? When will our government stop preaching integrity and start acting it? When will we become a proud citizen? I know it's too late for me to enjoy a better Nigeria but I don't want this plague to become a generational doom. I want generations unborn to look up to us. I want them to forever appreciate us for the sacrifice of building a better Nigeria. A more organized Nigeria. I don't just want our present generation to make history. I want us to change history. I want Nigeria to be great. Each time I see America citizens being proud of their citizenship, I feel jealous and always envy them. When will I be proud of my motherland? When will I be proud of Nigeria?
SolutionMee bursted into uncontrollable tears... I cried!
perhaps, if we start asking ourselves the real questions like "what is the essence of life, what do I have to gain if I intentionally jeopardize my brother's happiness, is it really worth it if I unleash poverty on the people knowing fully well that if the right thing is done, we all could live in comfort".
Once we answer the above questions correctly and coming to the realization that we are all we have, then growth and every other form of development will be imminent.
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by gudugudumeje: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
@Solutionmee:Nigeria is not ur motherland. Dats colomentality& slave,rubbish education as Nig - a creation of Britain to buffer Europe's economy... Ur motherland is ur ethnic nationality. Nig.'s moral compass wl always fail all...
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Eagleword14(f): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
This can't happen in Nigeria cry
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by osemmie: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Our own grandpa still dey prepare to re-contest oooo
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by ajl: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
I believe this old man finally realized it's time to give younger generation chance to run affairs of the country going by the exploit of the young prime minister.

Our numerous Nigerian ancestors that refuse to give up power and politics would finally be walked to the national.museum come Feb 2016.
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Liora(f): 12:12am On Oct 26, 2018
why is everyone complaining about Buhari undecided, is it not the same you people that is chanting atikulated right now undecided? oya how old is Atiku? Let me not hear any complaints from you when Atiku finally wins o :-(
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by Pat081: 6:11am On Oct 26, 2018
Dis can nt happen inn Nigeria oooo
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by naijapage(f): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2018
I Wonder what this Country is becoming everyday, May God Of Alph Lukau Help us

Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by dochenaj: 7:39am On Oct 26, 2018
pawesome:
Whole Africa someone resigned... A president grin

Oh my dear Nigeria... That is a future impossible impossicant tense
Not even a Governor with an obvious case of bribery that is even glaring to the blind is willing to resign and you're talking of president. Stay there and be waiting. Lol
Re: Mulatu Teshome Resigns As Ethiopian President by pawesome(m): 8:35am On Oct 26, 2018
dochenaj:

Not even a Governor with an obvious case of bribery that is even glaring to the blind is willing to resign and you're talking of president. Stay there and be waiting. Lol
we go tey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos) / Mandalay Bay Shooting: Gunman Identified As A 64-Year-Old Man / Indonesia Prison Fire Kills 41 Drug Inmates, 80 Hospitalised (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.