Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,292 members, 7,967,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:01 AM

Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri (53682 Views)

Air Peace Plane Windshield Breaks In Abuja / Driver Escapes Before Massive Sinkhole Swallowed A Toyota RAV4 In Colorado / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by SarkinYarki: 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
There is no way a pilot will tell you that there is no fuel , no sane will take off without the right amount of fuel weight for the journey..i am sure madam didn't hear well
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by asmovic(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
ElChidi:
Buhari means disaster. If anyone says "I Buhari you", better beg the person because that's a big curse
so so dry.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by toprealman: 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
Racoon:
Air Peace! sad I was on board from Abuja-Lagos recently.Meanwhile didn't the flight crew did their pre-
flight checks including the fuel capacity.This is a violation of safety.NCAA over to you.
This is Nigeria.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by planetx13: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
A
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by ud4u: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
What a costly mistake, thank God
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by ikevictor: 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
This is what happens when a criminal is managing a nations transport industry!!

Criminals and sh*t everywhere
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by digitsolution: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
MajorJeffery:
The pilot must be high on Oshogbo weed for not doing a proper pre flight check to check the fuel if truly it was the cause.

Well, engine failure can also cause wrong reading in plane equipment and if that was the case, the pilot wouldn't have been able to know the actual amount of fuel in the tank so returning to airport is the best bet to avoid stories that touch.

You are intelligent and very sensible. Something very rare in people lately.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by EssienUbong: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by onegig(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
"Regulations for operations require fuel on board at takeoff to include: fuel to the destination, plus fuel to the most distant alternate, plus en route contingency based on a percentage of flight time, plus 30 minutes holding at 1,500 feet above the airport.”

Nigerians and their hyperactivity. Just blabbing rubbish. She must know much more than the Pilot.

The aircraft may have enough fuel to Owerri but what about if the weather conditions in Owerri is not favourable to landing and they have to roam in the air till the skies are clear? Or maybe in an emergency and they have to land in an alternate airport?

Also weather conditions like having strong headwinds would make a plane burn more fuel. Weather isn't something that is constant and he may just have realized such after take off.

Many people need to shut their mouth seriously. Too many ignorant people. The pilot did the right thing by returning to Lagos. There are hundreds of people who work for Air peace and demarketing them with lies is a big disservice to people who earn a living through such means. I wish companies start suing Nigerians that talk anyhow.

7 Likes

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by abbey621(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hahahahaha......Hahahaha.....In a sane country, simple engine failure is a more acceptable excuse than no having enough fuel but in Nigeria it's the other way around.....It gets to a point all we can do is laugh and drink cold beer angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by Justseyii(m): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
Someone said Makers of testimony...
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by MrHighSea: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
activity9:

I'm the president comment Readers Association of Nigeria ( CRAON). Our duty is to read, smile and pass. We no dey find trouble oooo. Pls try to be brief in your comment, so that we can move to other comments. Thanks. Pls if you are a member of this association hit like and pass don't find trouble oooo
Brief?
But ur coment too long.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sparkling testimony
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by silibaba: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
PFRB:
Wonders cannot stop in Nigeria. A plane took off without enough fuel for the journey?
i tire ooooo

kwasia country
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by ofuonyebi: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
abeg go to church on sunday and tell ur pastor...thereafter roll well-well on the floor to thank baba GOD...ooo
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by itzprezy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by tempest01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
I avoid arikair like a plague.

Use airpeace to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by nextstep(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
onegig:
"Regulations for operations require fuel on board at takeoff to include: fuel to the destination, plus fuel to the most distant alternate, plus en route contingency based on a percentage of flight time, plus 30 minutes holding at 1,500 feet above the airport.”

The aircraft may have enough fuel to Owerri but what about if the weather conditions in Owerri is not favourable to landing and they have to roam in the air till the skies are clear? Or maybe in an emergency and they have to land in an alternate airport?

Also weather conditions like having strong headwinds would make a plane burn more fuel. Weather isn't something that is constant and he may just have realized such after take off.

Best reply so far. It is plausible for there to be less fuel than desired.

Though, my take on it is that in order to reduce panic among passengers, he told them something plausible, but not alarming. Can you imagine if the pilot said: "the engine is on fire, or has stopped working" or "I can't read the fuel gauge"? In this Nigeria? People will get out of their seats, all craning their necks to see the engine, some praying, some jumping, some crying, some come to bang on the cockpit door, and more than one idiot trying to open the fuselage door.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by Burgerlomo: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
Thank you Lord cool
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by PeterRenmoney(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hi everyone
Are you a SALARY EARNER or a BUSINESS OWNER or u knw someone that is, and IN need of urgent cash, we disburse in less than 24hrs.
I WORK with RENMONEY.
RenMoney provides fast access to N12,000 - N5 Million loan; no collateral, guarantors or long processes.
All you need is :
Requirements for salary earners.
1. .One passport photo
2. Recent utility bill
3 .Work I.d
4. Any of govt I.d card
5. Six month salary bank statement
You can reach me( customer) on 07035118465

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
It's impossible for the plane to take off without adequate fuel. The pilot covered up something, simple. Maybe there was engine failure or possible fire outbreak on the engine side. The truth is,our local airplanes are being overused, not minding their age. Maybe that flight has done more than enough trips that day on different routes before finally taking off to owerri. I boarded aero conteactors to Lagos from Abuja last yr. About 30 minutes airborne, the plane went down suddenly, as if it was going to crash,after which he got its bearing right. Everyone was panicking. One guy in front of me held his friend seated by him on his shirt, with his head facing down. He couldn't lift up his face until our arrival and disembarkment in Lagos. I've never been so scared on my life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by 7victor(m): 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
JESUS CHRIST is the SON of GOD.HE loves us and died for us so that our sins will be forgiven. We must love HIM and think/read about HIM always. Salvation is only from HIM. We must love HIM by loving others and doing at least one good work in a day such as helping others, giving to the poor, saying sweet words to others, encouraging others, comforting others when they cry, praying for others, thinking good thoughts about others because the bible says that love does not envy, is not easily provoked, is not rude, does not seek its own(ie is not selfish), etc. We must practice love towards all people. JESUS is the CHRIST, the SON of the living GOD. Whosoever reads this message should start practicing what he/she has read in the message.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by bigtt76(f): 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Today's flight? We missed each other if todsy tongue

Racoon:
Air Peace! sad I was on board from Abuja-Lagos recently.Meanwhile didn't the flight crew did their pre-
flight checks including the fuel capacity.This is a violation of safety.NCAA over to you.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by Justinah4real(f): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
ElChidi:
Buhari means disaster. If anyone says "I Buhari you", better beg the person because that's a big curse

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by Bambambiglo: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
Racoon:

Keep deceiving yasef hungry wailer
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by luluosas(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2018
Glory be to Jesus Christ for the safe landing of the plane
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by agarawu23(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
Safe journey to Nigerians flying their local flights. GIGM is always available if I am going far. I Will rather die on road than on air with scraps called plane flying locally in Nigeria lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by goslowgoslow(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
ElChidi:
Keep displaying your bad life.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by ElChidi: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Keep displaying your bad life.
I pity you, you are so used to suffering you don't even know you are suffering.
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by lexxwiz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
My brother in law was on the same flight... He told me the same story.. People shitting their pants et all.. Lol.. Yeah plus it's definitely not the fuel or weather. They got another aeroplane for them. The aircraft was obviously faulty. Glad they made it.
Passengers 2 : 0 Villagepeople

3 Likes

Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by GerraMeh74(m): 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
Racoon:
This your English needs to be checked also! I call on the professional body responsible to do the needful!!!
Re: Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri by billionman: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
I sighted a low flying aircraft around Ijebu Ode axis this evening and called the attention of few people around to it. It was flying very low and we were just looking. It suddenly changed trajectory and returned back to Lagos. I suspect this was it. I told the people to watch out that this will be on the news. Here we are. Thank God for safety.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) / Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. / Allen Onyema: Harry & Meghan Welcomed To Nigeria By Wanted Man - Daily Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.