Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,072 members, 7,987,802 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 05:07 PM

[poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? - Romance (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (63875 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by platinumnk(f): 5:02am On May 04, 2009
Moonstone:

India alone? I read an article - women in London do it during their Lunch breaks for only 1,500 pounds.
Imagine - it takes less than an hour to become a virgin again.

ha ill pass, if my husband cant love me for who i am, then he is not my husband
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by platinumnk(f): 5:04am On May 04, 2009
but i read that women were getting it in india mostly because they were raped or dont want to reveal that they are not virgins for the sake of their lives and for the family's honor, and some were getting the procedure free, because if their propsed husband found out that they were not virgins, poow! acid in the face! angry angry angry angry
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 5:07am On May 04, 2009
platinumnk:

ha ill pass, if my husband cant love me for who i am, then he is not my husband
Exactly!
platinumnk:

but i read that women were getting it in india mostly because they were raped or dont want to reveal that they are not virgins for the sake of their lives and for the family's honor, and some were getting the procedure free, because if their propsed husband found out that they were not virgins, poow! acid in the face! angry angry angry angry
That's interesting.
Some people in London are doing it for the same reasons.
They hide under the cover of being virgins for so long and when the wedding date is getting near, they go in for the procedure and come back out.
If that surgery should enter naija, I will so so laugh my head off. Maybe Modupe Ozolua will start that pretty soon.
Before you know it, all naija girls will be getting married as virgins.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by dayokanu(m): 7:06am On May 04, 2009
Can't marry a virgin for two reasons:

1. I'm not one and it's only fair that we both should be virgins

2. Got no time to train no one

Supported. Since I am not a virgin It wont be fair to insist the woman should be one.

I dont think its worth going for any reconstruction. If a guy wants a virgin then leave him alone if u aint one.

No one is worth any surgery
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Orimili(m): 7:25am On May 04, 2009
Moonstone:

Thank God for Vagina Reconstruction Surgery. Kai! Some guys are mugu-fied.
If it's virgin you want, it's virgin you'll get married to.
I love our gender grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unfortunately, as with any surgical procedure, it's going to leave some sort of scaring, and one will be able to tell if you had a procedure or not. Besides, if a girl is willing to go to such lengths to deceive a man, she will have some other feature that the guy will eventually be turned away by.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by platinumnk(f): 7:33am On May 04, 2009
Orimili:

Unfortunately, as with any surgical procedure, it's going to leave some sort of scaring, and one will be able to tell if you had a procedure or not. Besides, if a girl is willing to go to such lengths to deceive a man, she will have some other feature that the guy will eventually be turned away by.

i truely doubt somone is goinna look all in your vagina for a scar, get real grin grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 7:34am On May 04, 2009
Orimili:

Not really. It's a grafting process that heals afterwards. No guy will know unless he's a doctor himself and he's looking for signs of the operation. It's a very easy process from what I have read and it is simpler than what it seems like. It is a minor operation.
But no girl should have to go that far to impress a man. However, when she sees it as having no choice, what can she do?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Orimili(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2009
platinumnk:

i truely doubt somone is goinna look all in your vagina for a scar,  get real grin grin

And I truly doubt that someone is going to look all in your vagina to see if you have a hymen, so it is you that will also have to face reality.

Seriously, any guy with a correct mind would be able to tell if a girl is a virgin or not without looking for physical evidence.

Moonstone:

Not really. It's a grafting process that heals afterwards. No guy will know unless he's a doctor himself and he's looking for signs of the operation. It's a very easy process from what I have read and it is simpler than what it seems like. It is a minor operation.
But no girl should have to go that far to impress a man. However, when she sees it as having no choice, what can she do?

No process is easy, minor, or unidentifiable. Besides, if this process becomes common, men will know about it, and will learn how to check for it.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by oyarose(f): 1:04pm On May 04, 2009
marriage is honourable,in all the bed undefiled. To all the VIRGINS in d house,GOOD JOB,IF UR A LADY,STILL HOLD ON TIGHTER TIL D D-DAY COMES.U WILL NEVER REGRET DIS COS U WILL REMAIN D PRIDE OF UR MAN. @SEUN,DONT BOTHERSTRESS DIS ISSUE,D TRUTH IS DAT VIRGINS ARE HARD 2 COME BY,SO GUYS JUS GO 4 WATEVER IS AVAILABLE ,SO WHENEVER SUCH TOPICS ARISES,INSTEAD OF BIN SINCERE WIF THEMSELVES,THEY RATHER CHOOSE D DEFENCE SIDE.AM PROUD 2 BE A VIRGIN,I DONT CARE HOW/WHAT U FEEL cool cool cool
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by platinumnk(f): 2:30pm On May 04, 2009
^^clap for urself grin grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Orimili(m): 3:13pm On May 04, 2009
Question: What does one truly want from a marriage, that, above all things, the potential spouse must either be a virgin or non-virgin.

This is a serious question, because it seems as whenever this topic comes up, the person asking it appears to have a judgment so clouded that they can't seem to look past the fact that the person may have had a previous sexual relationship. As a virgin myself, I think it would be nice to have a virgin bride, but there is much, much more to a successful marriage in God's eyes, than this one thing.

You can search for that "virgin prize," and she can turn out to be the most dishonest, unbearable person, while the girl who slipped up when she was young, but kept herself until marriage can turn out to be the most genuine, most God-fearing person you would ever meet, and would make the perfect bride.

I'm assuming that most of the posters here follow the Christian faith. Isn't forgiveness one of Christianity's major themes? If so, when does forgiveness leave the equation once one has sex? I guess Christianity in NYC is different from Christianity in Nigeria. . .

Also, to the people who must have a bride that is a non-virgin, what is your reasons for having such a requirement?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by simplysmat(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2009
@ Seun'
Given the circumstances you've presented, I'd definitely go for the virgin. It goes without saying that virginity is not the only condition that has to be met, and especially for a partner who's not a virgin.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Oxone(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2009
doesnt really matter but experience counts.

know of a couple who broke up cos the guy loves sex & the gal can do without it (medically doesnt enjoy it)

finaly became an issue & the marriage ended
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:03pm On May 04, 2009
so they didnt know of this issue before the marriage?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 04, 2009
Medically doesn't enjoy it? What does that mean?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Oxone(m): 7:09pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

so they didnt know of this issue before the marriage?

they never had sex before marriage so how in God's name would they know

ibkaye:

Medically doesn't enjoy it? What does that mean?

there's a medical condition (cant remember what its called) where a woman cannot enjoy sex as a result of a traumatic experience (rape, abuse etc) which makes them tense during the act. they cant get wet and is usually bruised as a result
it takes tons of therapy to make to manage this & it usually hard for newlyweds to survive this cos the husband would have to do without sex for a wyl
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 04, 2009
Oxone:

there's a medical condition (cant remember what its called) where a woman cannot enjoy sex as a result of a traumatic experience (rape, abuse etc) which makes them tense during the act. they cant get wet and is usually bruised as a result
it takes tons of therapy to make to manage this & it usually hard for newlyweds to survive this cos the husband would have to do without sex for a wyl
What a reason What ever happened to 'till death to us part'? lipsrsealed

Ok o.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 7:26pm On May 04, 2009
ibkaye:

What a reason What ever happened to 'till death to us part'? lipsrsealed

Ok o.
Till death do us part? That is a condition that is BEGGING for the guy to cheat on her. I'd rather a man divorces me than cheat on me anytime, anyday. Besides, if she does not like having sex, how would she conceive?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 04, 2009
Moonstone:

Till death do us part? That is a condition that is BEGGING for the guy to cheat on her. I'd rather a man divorces me than cheat on me anytime, anyday. Besides, if she does not like having sex, how would she conceive?
Well, I'm not married so let me just keep my mouth shut, they say experience is the best teacher grin

True true smiley
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Oxone(m): 7:42pm On May 04, 2009
there are also situation where the guts dick is just too big for the womans vagina & sex becomes a nightmare instead of pleasure with the woman becoming bruised & battered each time

how do u explain to a man who has shown restraint till his wedding nyt that he'll have to wait till God knows when to consumate his marriage & ofcourse u know he wont enjoy it if the woman doesnt

a former pastor turned counsellor (divorced her husband after 6months) found herself in that situation & now advocates for sex before marriage instead of getting surprises

for the ladies
what would u do if u find out after marriage that ur husband cant get it up?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 04, 2009
Oxone:

how do u explain to a man who has shown restraint till his wedding nyt that he'll have to wait till God knows when to consumate his marriage & ofcourse u know he wont enjoy it if the woman doesnt

Actually feeling sorry for the guy here.

Oxone:

for the ladies

My honest answer to that question is I don't know, plus I pray that such a thing does not happen to me as I am one of those ones 'waiting for marriage.'

The things one goes through sometimes, a darn pity.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 7:58pm On May 04, 2009
Oxone:

for the ladies
A friend of mine told me that someone she knew got married to a guy who was a preemie in ejaculation and it's been hell for her cos she can't reach orgasm. It's insane.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by 4Play(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2009
Moonstone:

A friend of mine told me that someone she knew got married to a guy who was a preemie in ejaculation and it's been hell for her cos she can't reach orgasm. It's insane.

Did he tell her he doesn't believe in sex before marriage prior to getting married?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 8:02pm On May 04, 2009
4 Play:

Did he tell her he doesn't believe in sex before marriage prior to getting married?
Nope - she was the one waiting for marriage to have sex.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by UyiIredia(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2009
wink wink
Who, No Like betteeeer Thin'
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Oxone(m): 12:44am On May 05, 2009
4 Play:

thats the problem, most with this kind of problems are ever so willing to play the gentleman or lady waiting for marriage to consumate their union
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by tope5000: 12:47am On May 05, 2009
Moonstone:

Can that really make her not reach orgasm? undecided

Oxone:

thats the problem, most with this kind of problems are ever so willing to play the gentleman or lady waiting for marriage to consumate their union

Gbam. . . .then they say women lie. . . .tssk tsk lipsrsealed
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 12:51am On May 05, 2009
tope5000:

Can that really make her not reach orgasm? undecided
The guy would come and feel embarrassed by it. Then he would just be unresponsive throughout.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by tope5000: 12:52am On May 05, 2009
Moonstone:

The guy would come and feel embarrassed by it. Then he would just be unresponsive throughout.

Ewooooo . . . ur friend has suffered shocked shocked shocked
How long have they been married? undecided
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Moonstone(f): 12:54am On May 05, 2009
My friend said they have been married for 6 years. No child because it's such a horrible experience to have sex.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by follypimpi(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2009
Moonstone:

My friend said they have been married for 6 years. No child because it's such a horrible experience to have sex.

They should attend a Sex class from Sauron.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by tope5000: 12:57am On May 05, 2009
Moonstone:

Errrrrrr. . . . n she still intend to stay with the man for the rest pf her life?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (47) (Reply)

Two Lovers Found Dead In Their Apartment In Delta (Photos) / Ibadan Polytechnic Confirms Its Student Died During Marathon Sex / Bridesmaid Wig Falls Off While Destroying Wedding Dance Floor. See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.