Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,740 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:05 PM

Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring (6269 Views)

DSS Operatives Involved In Armed Robbery In Abuja, Arrested / British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos / Photos: Two Men Injured After Being Involved In Sallah Bloodbath (Graphic pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2010
[size=18pt]33 charged as cops break up Staten Island-based identity theft ring[/size]

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Thirty-three suspects -- many of whom are Nigerians living on Staten Island -- have been arrested in connection with a multimillion dollar identity theft ring that victimized 60 people, included more than a dozens soldiers who were preyed upon while on active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Among the victims were more than a dozen Staten Island residents, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly and District Attorney Daniel Donovan announced during a press conference at NYPD headquarters in Manhattan today.

Twenty-seven banks in total, including several on the Island, were also defrauded as part of the scheme.
The suspects would gain information on their victims by stealing mail around Staten Island, authorities said. They allegedly used that information to open credit cards and steal money from home equity line of credit accounts.

The group would also obtain Social Security information and other dealing about victims around the country, according to authorities.
All in all, the suspects may have stolen as much as $5 million in the scheme, officials estimated[/size]. Aside from the dozen borough residents, other victims lived in Manhattan, Westchester, Philadelphia, Atlanta, North Carolina, and the soldiers from Fort Hood, Texas.
The organization was known as "Bro" -- an acronym based on the first letter in the last name of its three key players, officials said today.
Those three main suspects were: Kazeem Badru, 38, of the 200 block of Osgood Avenue in Stapleton; Ganiu Rilwan, 46, of the 200 block of Park Hill Avenue, Clifton; and Okoronkwo Okechukwu, 32, of Parkview Loop in Graniteville.

[size=12pt]Most of the suspects were natives of Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia.
There were 18 alleged key players in the scheme -- of them, 16 face a top count of enterprise corruption, a Class D felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison. The other two face grand larceny charges.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/06/34_swept_up_in_staten_island-b.html
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 18, 2010
I guess this is how most Nigerians abroad make their money.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by SweetT1: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That is such a bull. Some of us make a honest living. This is why i hate to call myself a Nigerian, even Nigerians inside Nigeria are no better. Either they are stealing from the treasury or they kissing the butt of treasury looters.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 19, 2010
Sweet T:

That is such a bull. Some of us make a honest living. This is why i hate to call myself a Nigerian, even Nigerians inside Nigeria are no better. Either they are stealing from the treasury or they kissing the butt of treasury looters.
lol Taiwo, then what do you call yourself? Kenyan?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 1:23am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Enough with your nonsense please. Must Nigerians abroad are law abiding people who try to make enough money to one day come back home.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2010
EzeUche:

Enough with your nonsense please. Must Nigerians abroad are law abiding people who try to make enough money to one day come back home.
This boy, will you hush your mouth. Which nonsense did you start and about to end?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by dayokanu(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Are you telling us this is how you make your own living?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This boy, will you hush your mouth. Which nonsense did you start and about to end?

So you think I do not know what you are doing my dear? The ignore game? Staying out of my well. So it was up to me to break the ice.

I am not here to start nonsense. I am of the reform school.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Are you telling us this is how you make your own living?
Shataaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! [No disrespect, egbon] ] My beloved, dearly loved, greatest woman ever aka my mom works hard for her money, thank You. I work hard spending them grin
Dayo, cooking ogbono soup, but I think I did sth wrong. Help! embarassed

EzeUche:

So you think I do not know what you are doing my dear? The ignore game? Staying out of my well. So it was up to me to break the ice.

I am not here to start nonsense. I am of the reform school.

Where is that quote? "I am tired of you o. Stay out of my way". I'm simply obliging you wink
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 1:46am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Where is that quote? "I am tired of you o. Stay out of my way". I'm simply obliging you wink

Well I did not know you were so obedient. Just joking, but to be honest, I have my moments. Not like you women, but I still have my moments.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by dayokanu(m): 1:47am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Shataaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! [No disrespect, egbon] ] My beloved, dearly loved, greatest woman ever aka my mom works hard for her money, thank You. I work hard spending them grin
Dayo, cooking ogbono soup, but I think I did sth wrong. Help! embarassed

Fry ogbono soup? You just dey disgrace Ekiti women, why not roast it or put it in the oven or sun?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2010
EzeUche:

Well I did not know you were so obedient. Just joking, but to be honest, I have my moments. Not like you women, but I still have my moments.
Dont use obedient and me in the same sentence. It's insulting.
It wasnt obedience, I just know my place.

You're forgiven. Now "dobale".
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 1:53am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Dont use obedient and me in the same sentence. It's insulting.
It wasnt obedience, I just know my place.

You're forgiven. Now "dobale".

And what is your place.

Ok I am forgiven. And against my Igbo customs to "dobale" prostrate. Since every Igbo man and woman is a king and queen in their own right.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2010
EzeUche:

And what is your place.

Ok I am forgiven. And against my Igbo customs to "dobale" prostrate. Since every Igbo man and woman is a king and queen in their own right.
Lol my place is my place. As you also have your place.

Igbo custom does not prohibit prostrating. Your pride does. Everyone is a king/queen in their own rights. Still waiting for you to "dobale". . . .
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 2:04am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lol my place is my place. As you also have your place.

Igbo custom does not prohibit prostrating. Your pride does. Everyone is a king/queen in their own rights. Still waiting for you to "dobale". . . .

I want to know what/where is your place. No pun intended. wink

You will get an apology and that is it my dear. Don't kick a man while he is down. It is not right.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 19, 2010
EzeUche:

I want to know what/where is your place. No pun intended. wink

You will get an apology and that is it my dear. Don't kick a man while he is down. It is not right.
Why do you want to know?

Alright. . . .apology accepted, but I will kick you later if need be.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by EzeUche(m): 2:27am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why do you want to know?

Alright. . . .apology accepted, but I will kick you later if need be.

Must I have a reason for my question? You still the same difficult young lady. I thought you Yorubas were big on respecting your elders my dear. Since I am you elder, by not much I must add, you should be giving me the respect I deserve! I am not your age mate.

Thank you for accepting my apology. I really appreciate it.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 19, 2010
EzeUche:

Must I have a reason for my question? You still the same difficult young lady. I thought you Yorubas were big on respecting your elders my dear. Since I am you elder, by not much I must add, you should be giving me the respect I deserve! I am not your age mate.

Thank you for accepting my apology. I really appreciate it.
You havent showed that you deserve my respect. I gave it to you once, but by your own choice, you hurled it away.
Ok, tell me where your place is and I'll tell you mines.

No problem.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by agabaI23(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2010
Stale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by MrAnus: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2010
Big deal, and so what?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Yinkaboy: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2010
419 Scammers at there best, EVERY DAY FOR THE THIEF BUT ONE DAY FOR THE OWNER!
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2010
Mr Anus:

Big deal, and so what?

How do you mean by so what?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by MrAnus: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2010
I live in STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. Its no big deal
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2010
abeg leave them - they are not crimonals they are freedom fighters against the injustice in american society. what do you expect, being that there are no jobs in america and the politicains are so corrupt

abeg give them amnesty jare
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2010
oyb:

abeg leave them - they are not crimonals they are freedom fighters against the injustice in american society. what do you expect, being that there are no jobs in america and the politicains are so corrupt

abeg give them amnesty jare

There is no price for stup/ididy you know?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2010
Mr Anus:

I live in STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. Its no big deal

Common! tell me something reasonable, you are not making any sense yet, why is it not a big deal?
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by anitabest(f): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2010
Na wa ooooooooooo.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2010
justwise:

There is no price for stup/ididy you know?

this must be one of the nitwits i was referring to in a different thread - those who have no idea of the concept of sarcasm tongue

since you are obviously more slow than usual, i will spell it out for you

everyday, on the pagess of nl, we see people defending kidnappers etal because the country is hard, because there is injustixce, because there are no jobs, because of our leaders. they refuse to come to terms with the fact that it is greed, not need, that drives crime - so i am taking a page from their book

if this thread had read 33 nigerians involved in kidnap ring, you'd see people defending them
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2010
oyb:

this must be one of the nitwits i was referring to in a different thread - those who have no idea of the concept of sarcasm tongue
since you are obviously more slow than usual, i will spell it out for you
everyday, on the pagess of nl, we see people defending kidnappers etal because the country is hard, because there is injustixce, because there are no jobs, because of our leaders. they refuse to come to terms with the fact that it is greed, not need, that drives crime - so i am taking a page from their bookif this thread had read 33 nigerians involved in kidnap ring, you'd see people defending them

I did not find ur first post funny and there is nothing funny abt this thread.

Your concept of sarcasm is completely pointless, just grow up.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by r231(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

thats not true
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by CCNAEZUE: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
Nutin New they were just being Nigerians.
Re: Almost 33 Nigerian Men Involved In Identity Theft Ring by justwise(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
CCNA-EZUE:

Nutin New they were just being Nigerians.

How many Nigerians do you know?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop "jungle Justice" / Man Has Sex His Wit His Kid Daughter,Shares Photo On Facebook.See Reactions(Pics / Married Female Teacher, 35, ‘romped With Pupil, 15[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.