Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,555 members, 7,941,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency (22019 Views)

3 Killed As Biafra And Cameronians Rapid Force Battle Over Control Of Bakassi / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate / Crisis Brews In APC Over Senate Presidency As S’east, North-west Battle For Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
If Tinubu insists on vying for the post in the place of Fashola or Osinbajo, I would support the igbos to clinch it wholeheartedly. Tinubu at his level should play the role of a God father and not seek to be President of Nigeria after all the allegations of corruption against him.

The igbos just have to work together and build bridges of friendship and they will get the ticket as they are also Nigerians. The unruly behaviour of IPOB thugs online will not deter us from voting an illustrious son of igboland as President. I am a Christian and my Bible teaches me to forgive my adversaries as my God in heaven forgives my daily sin.

#istandwithbuharitill2023

2 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by globemoney: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
Benekruku:

So far its not an Eboe man. Its Okay
Afonja will return to opposition politics after Buhari
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Benekruku(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
globemoney:

Afonja will return to opposition politics after Buhari

grin grin grin Easier said than done!
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Ategberoson(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol and you think the SW can defeat a northern candidate in 2023?

you're making ambiguous facts. if PDP win next year election then North hold on till 2023 maybe and if APC retain their sit 2023 is coming South

so southeast turn up for PDP in 2019 would determine whom APC north will bank with. this is just a simple logic that a secondary school sat knows
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Ovamboland(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
Nels55:
So pathetic, don't quite understand many things these days.. So our hard earned democracy have officially turned tribal.
Don't think APC will last on a long run with this mentality, in all fairness SE will produce a president in 2023 and will be supported by every progressive Yourba.

Hopefully it will be Peter Obi..

You are claiming not to be tribal in one breath and in your next paragraph you are advocating presidency for a particular tribe.

Is that what they call oxymoron?

If you feel you have the right to campaign for presidency going to a tribe, how can you deny at the same time Fasola that right? Or can't a Middle belt person also lay equally strong claim to the presidency
in 2023?

Where is the place of competence in all these?

3 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by patrickcollins: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
0monnak0da:

That is absolutely fine by us.
Nothing New we have ALWAYS BEEN IN opposition ask your elders
1960 Zik went into coalition with Balewa and Awo formed the opposition

Zik went into coalition with Balewa and Awo formed the opposition
1979 Zik went into coalition with Shagari and Awo formed the opposition Ebola rewarded with Vice-president Ekwueme and Speaker HOR Edwin Ume Ezeoke
1983 Zik went into coalition with Shagari and Awo formed the opposition Ebola rewarded with Vice-president Ekwueme and Speaker HOR Edwin Ume Ezeoke
By this time Ojukwu had returned to join NON

The Yoruba were sidelined but kept quiet for peace and national unity. They weren't foolish.
Facts are stubborn.
So any threat especially from the Eboes about power staying in the north is risible.
What else have the Eboes ever done other than to be boyboy for their Fulani overlords.
Yoruba have always been in opposition so that is no threat.
Let the post of VP be the new battle ground
Smiles
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Uzzih: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
Only fools will fall for the antics of crooked fashola..

Young enlightened Yoruba's will vote Atiku. Fashola is aware of the mass failure of this government that's why he is playing the tribal card..

Nigerians will resist this backWard strategy
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by King44(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
the only thing I dont agree with is the saying that buhari waged war against east, the east made a mistake by waging war n unfortunately some are ready to make such mistake again, why can't some pole put tribalism aside get all hands on deck n vote by out, restructure and reduce power at the center so that the country could function also ignore what politicians are saying cis they are the ones dividing us
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Carlyscales: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
hammerFC:

Y wait till then wen Nnamdi Kanu have already finalised things.

Y not exist and let them keep their Presidency.

On exit, we can have it all. We will certainly have a President to represent us globally.
U people should just stop mentioning Kanu when we are discussing Igbo regional political interests.

The man has done his business is already settled at the expense of innocent bloods n have moved on, while some people are still stuck with him in their mind.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
princdebola201:
lol this guy with kindergaten mentality of politics.every reasonable individuals know irrespective of 2019 election result power will return to south .any party that use a northerner has lost election before it started

If Atiku wins in 2019, Power won't return to the south by time soon.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by sogodihno: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
hammerFC:
The biggest mistake Yoruba will ever make in addition to the Buhari mistake against Janathan.

Is to set themselves up for the SS/SE to vote a Northerner against them in 2023.(10-11/12 southern states)

That will spell the end of Yoruba politically in Nigeria with all this digital information.

It simply means 10-12 SS/SE will never vote SW again.

SW only have 6 states.

can u just shut up, who cares about 5% vote?

2 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
and peter obi who demolished mosques and chased away Hausa traders during his tenure as governor in anambra state is a saint, right?

ur name already suggests that everything u say is a lie.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by omojeesu(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
None most probably wont get it.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by aggresor07: 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
the SE shot themselves on the foot each time they raise curses on this country, Calling the country God created u a zoo ,defacing the country internationally, and yet clamouring for the presidential position of this same country is insanity ,they will have to wait till ojukwu resurrects for a new Biafra

4 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by sangresan(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
haaryobhami:
lol 2023 is pregnant already nd i can't say what it will deliver.
If buhari win next year nd apc present a Yoruba candidate in 2023.the pdp will do what apc did in 2015,present a northern candidate kwankwaso or tambuwal nd an igbo vp nd if apc present an igbo candidate,d pdp will present a Hausa presidential candidate nd a Yoruba vp.
I stayed in d north b4,they don't care about all this Yoruba nd igbo fight,they don't like any of d tribe but they only like nd support there own.
either way it swing d north might rule Nigeria back to back for 16 years.
The South are just politically naive if they think d north like dem at all

You are the one displaying political naivety here.....The reason why the North has had it so easy is because Jonathan disrupted the zoning arrangement...I am very sure that you would have been one of those saying that zoning was dead and that it shouldn't be paid any attention again...

Many of you here are just blabbing...If Buhari rules for 8 years, there is no way PDP can zone the Presidency back to the North..

SW has
SS has

But the Igbos don't have anything to threaten the North with and hold them to ransom politically....We saw how their leaders were appealing the Northern leaders last year when the Hausa youths issued them an ultimatum to leave their land.

Igbos cant hide under the PDP to champion their tribal aspirations...

In 1993, Yoruba man, Abiola, defeated an Hausa man fair and square...Lest I forget, more Igbos supported Tofa in that election....Yet, Abiola still defeated Tofa in his Kano State.

That's just to answer those writing blah blah blah blah about Yoruba facing Hausa in 2023....Let's analyse the coming election and stop disturbing yourselves about something still 5 years away.

2 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by haaryobhami: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
sangresan:

You are the one displaying political naivety here.....The reason why the North has had it so easy is because Jonathan disrupted the zoning arrangement...I am very sure that you would have been one of those saying that zoning was dead and that it shouldn't be paid any attention again...

Many of you here are just blabbing...If Buhari rules for 8 years, there is no way PDP can zone the Presidency back to the North..

SW has
SS has

But the Igbos don't have anything to threaten the North with and hold them to ransom politically....We saw how their leaders were appealing the Northern leaders last year when the Hausa youths issued them an ultimatum to leave their land.

Igbos cant hide under the PDP to champion their tribal aspirations...

In 1993, Yoruba man, Abiola, defeated an Hausa man fair and square...Lest I forget, more Igbos supported Tofa in that election....Yet, Abiola still defeated Tofa in his Kano State.

That's just to answer those writing blah blah blah blah about Yoruba facing Hausa in 2023....Let's analyse the coming election and stop disturbing yourselves about something still 5 years away.

Am just saying,pdp are desperate for power nd d north will never say no to power handed to dem esaily
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by spiralwedge(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
the impossibility of an ibo presidency is akin to snowfall in the Sahara desert. it would be easier for you to get your beerfraud country than for you to rule Nigeria

This is the plain truth, without sentiments whatsoever. If you study the trend since the end of the civil war, it would be easy to understand this.

1 Like

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by sangresan(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
eyeview:

You all must be too young to know the time it was said in this nation that a Yoruba can never rule. And there were many instances of where they tried and failed since 1960.
They got yo the point of forming nadeco which was pushing for their independence. At the end, out of pity, the whole nation came together and agreed to cede it to them in 1999 that saw OBJ run against Falae. Today, those pitied people are now feeling like boss. Ok. Let's see them rule again in the next 20 years. Just watch

The nation came together..?

Which nation?

Look, my friend, I don't know how old you are..
But if you are more than 30 and still go around with idiotic thoughts like this, then you need a real spiritual cleansing....

Yorubaman has held the No. 1 post in this country for 11 years...Ijawman has done so for 5 years too.....I don't know the nation you claimed came together. Why is the "nation" not coming together in Igbos case?

2 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by sangresan(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
eyeview:

You all must be too young to know the time it was said in this nation that a Yoruba can never rule. And there were many instances of where they tried and failed since 1960.
They got yo the point of forming nadeco which was pushing for their independence. At the end, out of pity, the whole nation came together and agreed to cede it to them in 1999 that saw OBJ run against Falae. Today, those pitied people are now feeling like boss. Ok. Let's see them rule again in the next 20 years. Just watch
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by gozie112(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
hammerFC:

lol I see wat u mean. grin grin grin

SS/SE will just vote a Northerner.

Atiku is still on standby, if Buahri wins 2019. grin

Don't mind him...we Igbos are waiting for dem
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by sangresan(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
gozie112:

Just like you voted for Tofa in 1993?
Nothing is new about that one.

1 Like

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by mrskillz: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
gozie112:

Why are you afraid to compete and get the presidency in 2023, when the presidency will come to south base on zoning principle.

So you prefer to be slave or second class citizen in your own country, just to spite the WEST?

Build bridges, work as one and prepare well for a battle that is still 5 yes away.

Its your right, its your responsibility to work for your right, not mine.

4 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by searchlight: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2018
senatordave1:

Guys please,lets all reason together.it seems were all southerners here.we need a southern agenda to counter the north.the best thing for the south to do is to allow buhari finish his remaining for years so that both parties can zone the ticket to the south.
I believe if the east and south south gives him up to 30%,apc will zone power to ss/se.tinubu will be clipped or compensated.my ibo brothers,keep aside the dislike you have for buhari.vote him again for four years,bear with him.leave sentiments and make politically wise choice.as it stands,the south south will give buhari significant votes.the east must match or surpass that tally.i would really like an ibo to succeed buhari.thanks guys
God forbid. if voting buhari is the surest and only path to Igbo presidency the to hell with the presidency. my conscience will never forgive me if I ever cast my vote for buhari.

1 Like

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by searchlight: 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
opobo007:
You lot are crying as if it's your birthday right. The other tribes such as itsekiri, urobo, ibibio etc have as much stake as the ibos to the presidency. The problem with the ibos was and still is that of arrogance and this entitlement feeling towards being a part of Nigeria. You need to learn to negotiate with others and not throwing threats of leaving if things don't go your way. It's not certain the south south will go with you, yet you have already caved out there terriority as part of Biafra. You have already created a sense of a conquered territory with your agitation. Rather than fight for good governance, you're crying over who turn is the presidency? What level of development has the governors brought upon the southeast, that should be Paramount rather than who's turn is the presidency
this one just wasted space typing shiiit
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by searchlight: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

APC can never field an IBO as president.
Kolework!!!
Na Yoruba get am.
yorugba candidate will never win instead it remains in the north
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by 0monnak0da: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
searchlight:
yorugba candidate will never win instead it remains in the north
That is where Eboes have always been ask your elders.
We are cool with that.
Let VP be the new battle ground which we will clinch with our numbers

2 Likes

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Alary: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
I don't even know what is wrong with southerners , the presidency is shifted 8 years each between the north and the south .It is not shifted between the sub -zones ,I.e north west, north east ,north central ,neither is it shifted to only south east , south west or south south ,So candidate can come from any of the sub zone .Mind you north east have produced most of the president of northern extraction since independent and during our democracy history. So when the presidency comes back to the south , every region within is eligible to vie for it ,it now depend s on how each region play it own card .
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by gozie112(m): 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
mrskillz:

Why are you afraid to compete and get the presidency in 2023, when the presidency will come to south base on zoning principle.

So you prefer to be slave or second class citizen in your own country, just to spite the WEST?

Build bridges, work as one and prepare well for a battle that is still 5 yes away.

Its your right, its your responsibility to work for your right, not mine.

Las las Na una go still cry..
because Igbos and south south will neva support u yoolobas..north go rule us till una head reset
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by gozie112(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
sangresan:

Just like you voted for Tofa in 1993?

Nothing is new about that one.

Las las northernersgo rule us tire
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by 0monnak0da: 12:17am On Oct 28, 2018
gozie112:

Las las Na una go still cry..
because Igbos and south south will neva support u yoolobas..north go rule us till una head reset
That would make sense only to a child
What you are saying is exactly what the Eboes have always done go and refresh your history of all the elections that have ever happened in Nigeria
In 1960 Zik went into coalition with Balewa Awo led Yoruba into opposition

1965 Zik went into coalition with Balewa Awo led Yoruba into opposition

1979 Zik went into coalition with Shagari Awo led Yoruba into opposition Ekwueme was VP
AND Ume Ezeoke was speaker HOR
1983 AGAIN Zik went into coalition with Shagari Awo led Yoruba into opposition Ekwueme was VP
AND Ume Ezeoke was speaker HOR By this time Ojukwu had returned to join NPN

So Yoruba have always been in opposition. We are used to it
Ask Awo
Ask Tinubu
Opposition is very natural to us .
It is the Eboes that are natural slaves of Fulani and desperate to be in the centre
Now they find themselves in opposition they are stranded they don't know what to do.
All that talk of Aboki rule for ever as a threat to YORUBA is silly. They have ruled for ever. With EBOE BACKING. FACTS ARE STUBBORN.
Still the Eboes complain that Yoruba sabotage ports in the East so Lagos can benefit despite being in coalitions with Fulani for decades.If we can be so powerful and influential in opposition while you have been perennial boyboy are we not great?
Deal with facts and stop the fiction
We do not need to be President
Let Vice President be the portion of the South forever,let that be the new battleground.
We are already ready for that we have the numbers so you can forget about that too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari’s Long Absence Not Due To Infighting In Aso Villa – Presidency / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ / Sheriff, Metuh To Stop PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.