Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,935 members, 7,935,967 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:09 PM

2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. (2452 Views)

Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo / Obasanjo: Nigerians Moved From Frying Pan To Fire Under APC / Obasanjo: Nigerians Will Be Fools To Fall For Buhari Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by TruthMafia: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
Former President of Nigeria Chief Olusegun Obasanjo shared the first knowledge he got in military training which was directed to 2019 Presidential election but the post got different reactions from Nigerians.
What do you think?

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by TruthMafia: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
More reactions

1 Share

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by GoodofNaija: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Baba you are right!

You always speak truth for the betterment of Nigeria. You are far more of a statesman than the one currently occupying aso rock who is stupidly tribalistic in all his actions.

Your achievements in govt speak for itself. In fact most of the people criticising you for making this statement are doing so using their phones. I wonder if they know the history of the phones they are using to type the gibberish.

Even the EFCC that they are using for their selective corruption fight was started by your govt. I wonder how they now think they are more saint than you.

Anyway a lot of them are zombies. They cannot think by themselves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ItsTutsi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
hahaha that message was surely targeted at nyamuri flat.heads only, it takes the gullible ones to trust politicians at their own peril..someone that constantly castigated Atiku as a failure at any given opportunity and tore his PDP membership card during his proclamation, citing incompetency..is the same person that wants to enforce failure on us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Racoon(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
The president failure is so exceptional that he was a failure in 1984/85 returned a more worst failure in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Ehiscotch(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
A lot of people that reacted have better brains than most nairalanders.

OBJ has written books, letters, memos, granted press reviews, statements several times where he boldly and repeatedly maligned, cursed, defamed Atiku; calling him all sorts of things and now he is backing him up?

I think it's time this man stopped taking us for a ride. You might deceive a ton of gullible people with your hypocrisy but not the sane.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ican2020: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
how did bubu get to the rank of a major general?

1 Like

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by efighter: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:
Baba you are right!

You always speak truth for the betterment of Nigeria. You are far more of a statesman than the one currently occupying aso rock who is stupidly tribalistic in all his actions.

Your achievements in govt speak for itself. In fact most of the people criticising you for making this statement are doing so using their phones. I wonder if they know the history of the phones they are using to type the gibberish.

Even the EFCC that they are using for their selective corruption fight was started by your govt. I wonder how they now think they are more saint than you.

This one is an unfortunate child.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by quickberry(m): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
God bless PMB/PYO

#PMB X2

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
TruthMafia:
More reactions
hehehehe
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
Baba baba
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:
Baba you are right!

this phone stuff u guys are always talking about .I seem not to understand .please help me shed more light abeg.thanks
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by GoodofNaija: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
ozo13:
this phone stuff u guys are always talking about .I seem not to understand .please help me shed more light abeg.thanks

It was during his administration that gsm came to Nigeria. What we used to have was nitel which was owned by govt but never within the reach of the masses. It was during his time that telecoms was liberalised and private operators (mtn, glo, others) came in with wireless phones called gsm. Initially it was expensive but as time goes on the prices slashed due to competition amongst the operators.

This feat alone did not just bring us phones, it also provided a lot of jobs for people.
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:

It was during his administration that gsm came to Nigeria. What we used to have was nitel which was owned by govt but never within the reach of the masses. It was during his time that telecoms was liberalised and private operators (mtn, glo, others) came in with wireless phones called gsm. Initially it was expensive but as time goes on the prices slashed due to competition amongst the operators.

This feat alone did not just bring us phones, it also provided a lot of jobs for people.

Nice explanations.
Meanwhile, I think we could use same analogy to buhari policy on Rice importation. Initially its gonna be difficult for Nigerians as bn witness currently in surge of rice price like the same way we bought fone lines and gsm expensive those day when obasanjo made those policies.but we r sure in the long run.it will pay us and lots of jobs r going to be created when more rice companies starts rolling into the country to produce/mill rice.Even currently the rice farmers in the country are smiling to the bank after harvest.
I don't like some of his policies o but we always need to say the truth when its glaring to us

3 Likes

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by deboysben(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
Army and El zakzaki are fighting and killing themselves happening now at zuba Abuja God help Nigeria
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by GoodofNaija: 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
ozo13:

Nice explanations.
Meanwhile, I think we could use same analogy to buhari policy on Rice importation. Initially its gonna be difficult for Nigerians as bn witness currently in surge of rice price like the same way we bought fone lines and gsm expensive those day when obasanjo made those policies.but we r sure in the long run.it will pay us and lots of jobs r going to be created when more rice companies starts rolling into the country to produce/mill rice.Even currently the rice farmers in the country are smiling to the bank after harvest.
I don't like some of his policies o but we always need to say the truth when its glaring to us

Food products can't be handled that way by completely banning importation at once. You and I know, masses will starve as a result of it. The main reason why there is inflation and poverty all over now. It has to be gradual.

Moreso, a govt that will implement such policies must have assembled a good economic team of professionals where checks and balances of the effect of their policies can be monitored and controlled. This govt does not have such team.

Economic policies may look good on paper. But it goes far beyond that, the implementation and effect on the people are more important.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:

Food products can't be handled that way by completely banning importation at once. You and I know, masses will starve as a result of it. The main reason why there is inflation and poverty all over now. It has to be gradual.

Moreso, a govt that will implement such policies must have assembled a good economic team of professionals where checks and balances of the effect of their policies can be monitored and controlled. This govt does not have such team.

Economic policies may look good on paper. But it goes far beyond that, the implementation and effect on the people are more important.
So by we buying fone lines and gsm EXTREMELY expensive those day .does it mean Obasanjo doesn't have good economic team in place then. Obviously No ,because they foresee the future benefits it will have on us the citizens. Samething to me I think this govt is doing.
Sorry to say this. you r jus a one man standing and saying a govt doesn't have a good economic team that comprises alot of guys/brains is very wrong I think or may be u are jus being political with such statement grin. We may be thinking its easy until we r given an opportunity to lead the team when u will realise it isn't as easy as alot of us think.
Or may be I should ask you what other thing do u think the govt should have done as per this rice stuff that will be different from the current one on ground. Cos to me where the rice is coming from ie Thailand, the production cost is very cheap as they have bn into the business for long compared to our own local manufacturers cost of production that r jus starting. That I think is the cause of the high price we r experiencing.
Even in my place of work, there was this ippis scenario
that played out recently and govt wr to start paying the staffs via the ippis platform.all the new staffs employed wr affected and wr not payed as they haven't been captured by the ippis stuff then.meanwhile, some of this new staff wr in a formal cooperative thrift where they remit part of there salary every month.they decide to ask those in charge of the cooperative for a soft loan and all they wr hearing was no money no money like may b all the cash have bn invested or loaned to probably the non members.Me I was like thinking why didn't the economic team of the cooperative foresee this kinda of scenario/disaster as govt have bn announcing that ippis payment will be starting soon and keeping a cool cash for those ppl having savings with them.some of the guys threatened to pull out of the cooperative because they felt the cooperative couldn't help them when they needed them despite having a huge sum with them .I jus thought about it and made my conclusion that this Economic management of a thing isn't as easy as an average citizens like us will see it.sorry for making you go through this my long write up jus to make an example.
So on the rice policy I still hail the govt because I believe with time, it will benefit the citizens
Thanks my chief

2 Likes

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by olutunde12(m): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Racoon:
The president failure is so exceptional that he was a failure in 1984/85 returned a more worst failure in 2015.

booked
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Abdulhakeem78(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sincerely, the former President has reduced himself to a" commercial mosquito"
Calling PMB a failure is poppycock, baba se gbo?
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by GoodofNaija: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
ozo13:
So by we buying fone lines and gsm EXTREMELY expensive those day .does it mean Obasanjo doesn't have good economic team in place then. Obviously No ,because they foresee the future benefits it will have on us the citizens. Samething to me I think this govt is doing.
Sorry to say this. you r jus a one man standing and saying a govt doesn't have a good economic team that comprises alot of guys/brains is very wrong I think or may be u are jus being political with such statement grin. We may be thinking its easy until we r given an opportunity to lead the team when u will realise it isn't as easy as alot of us think.
Or may be I should ask you what other thing do u think the govt should have done as per this rice stuff that will be different from the current one on ground. Cos to me where the rice is coming from ie Thailand, the production cost is very cheap as they have bn into the business for long compared to our own local manufacturers cost of production that r jus starting. That I think is the cause of the high price we r experiencing.
Even in my place of work, there was this ippis scenario
that played out recently and govt wr to start paying the staffs via the ippis platform.all the new staffs employed wr affected and wr not payed as they haven't been captured by the ippis stuff then.meanwhile, some of this new staff wr in a formal cooperative thrift where they remit part of there salary every month.they decide to ask those in charge of the cooperative for a soft loan and all they wr hearing was no money no money like may b all the cash have bn invested or loaned to probably the non members.Me I was like thinking why didn't the economic team of the cooperative foresee this kinda of scenario/disaster as govt have bn announcing that ippis payment will be starting soon and keeping a cool cash for those ppl having savings with them.some of the guys threatened to pull out of the cooperative because they felt the cooperative couldn't help them when they needed them despite having a huge sum with them .I jus thought about it and made my conclusion that this Economic management of a thing isn't as easy as an average citizens like us will see it.sorry for making you go through this my long write up jus to make an example.
So on the rice policy I still hail the govt because I believe with time, it will benefit the citizens
Thanks my chief

You are right by saying economic management is not easy. If its not easy as you have said, would you leave it in the hands of non experts? Even the C in C said when he was appointing his ministers that they were merely political appointees not technical/ professional appointees. That is to tell you the kind of people they are.

Just like you, I was also a supporter of this govt before. I supported them vigorously in 2015. But 2 years down the line, I have changed. What happened, it is all about performance. Sorry to say, with my level of education, I find it difficult to find excuse for non performance.

My main issue about non- performance is simple. If you cannot improve on what you met on ground, maintain status quo. For example, why will recession occur if we voted you to salvage the economy. Things literally got worse. Why will it take up 6 months to appoint ministers. Why will naira fall down to 300naira to 1dollar. These are obviously govt failures.

Thanks.
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:

You are right by saying economic management is not easy. If its not easy as you have said, would you leave it in the hands of non experts? Even the C in C said when he was appointing his ministers that they were merely political appointees not technical/ professional appointees. That is to tell you the kind of people they are.

Just like you, I was also a supporter of this govt before. I supported them vigorously in 2015. But 2 years down the line, I have changed. What happened, it is all about performance. Sorry to say, with my level of education, I find it difficult to find excuse for non performance.

My main issue about non- performance is simple. If you cannot improve on what you met on ground, maintain status quo. For example, why will recession occur if we voted you to salvage the economy. Things literally got worse. Why will it take up 6 months to appoint ministers. Why will naira fall down to 300naira to 1dollar. These are obviously govt failures.

Thanks.
thanks for all the points u made especially the last one.
However there was global economic melt down I think around 2010 that even USA suffered. Am sure u know why the recession didn't affect us much our country then. There was a big shock absorber then, the huge EXTERNAL RESERVE we had then that our country fell back to during the melt down and not jus any good economic policy or any magic then.
This very last recession we witness was i think was PRIMARILY due to global crude oil Price slump and not economic policies.and our politicians chaired by oga Jonathan didn't have good economic Will then to save for raining days and even Mama Ngozi, the former finance minister dd warn him.They depleted the reserve from $60 down to $29 billion despite oil price selling very well all through his administration. So all countries that relied majorly on crude oil primarily for their RESERVE ie Nigeria, Russia and Venezuela suffered during the recession. Infact I learnt Venezuela have not recovered from the recession up til now so the economic teams oga Buhari have in place got the situation under control.Infact some financial analyst are even saying the exit from the recession was jus from the sudden surge in market price of crude oil and not any economic policy oga Buhari put in place as Nigeria is primarily a consuming nation ie we import almost all we use and we do not send much out to other parts of the world except crude oil.
I will still blame oga Buhari for some of his policies and also naming of his ministers late but that wasn't the primary cause of the recession I think.
Thanks my chief

1 Like

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
Racoon:
auto reset

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
quickberry:
God bless PMB/PYO
#PMB X2
aameen and you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
GoodofNaija:

you're wrong
Abacha brought telecommunications to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by yrex01(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
PDP supporter r the real zombie !!!!!! they think with der armpit !!
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by SIRAO(m): 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
Abasanjo is absolutely right here. in his book my watch he identified a serial failure called Atiku abubaka. so he is warning us to heal his advice by rejecting that failure called Atikutif
Re: 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. by ozo13(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2018
from that policy ie lots that lost their jobs and where not paid

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Dangote, Femi Otedola, Lawan, Oshiomole Gets Appointment From Buhari / APC Flags Off Campaign In Sokoto - Photos / BigNews: Apc Clears 15 Out Of 16 Lg In Kwara, As O To Ge Takes Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.