Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,873 members, 7,976,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

Do You Have Hsmp? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Have Hsmp? (1774 Views)

Hsmp Visa Replacement In Other Country / Uk Hsmp Work Visa Workshop(for Nigerian Professionals) / Hsmp (uk) Vital Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2007
i would like to meet people with HSMP and get some informations from them.
1.how do you see the new rules
2.are your children here,
e.t.c
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2007
I have HSMP for the fourth year - what new rules are you talking about?
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2007
fourth year? that means you would get your indefinite leave soon abi?

before you can renew your visa, you must be earning some awful amount of money like £40000 per annum
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2007
that is a lie - i got it one year and then after the first one year, i sent my passport and eveidence of what i had done in the first one year and i got it extended for three years which is ending soon - how many people earn 40,000 per year in the UK?
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2007
so that means after the three years, you are getting your indefinete leave
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by alabiyemmy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2007
according to the rules. so what new rules were you referring to?
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2007
its like this
after the first one year, they give you three years. then after three years, one year extra because new applicants were given four years. so there will be an extra year renewal after which you apply for indefinete. but there are strings attached to it. you have to qualify by your income, which should be above 25000pounds or so. then your age counts, if you are old, its a minor

http://workpermit.com/news/2006_11_17/uk/uk_hsmp_changes.htm
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2007
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by English1(f): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2007
HSMP is changing to a points based system, that's all.

Earning requirement - this is now points based. The more you have earned previously, the more points you get. It doesn't mean that you can't apply if you haven't earned the minimum. You certainly don't have to be earning £40,000 or even £25,000. The amounts for each level of point awards depends on the country worked in. For the UK, you'll get 5 points if you earned £16,000. You'll get more points if you earned more than that.

Again, younger people get more points than older people.

How successful you are will depend on how many points you get overall. You might do poorly in one area but still get a lot of points in total.

Anyone applying for ILR now has to satisfy English language requirements and the 'Life in the UK' test (previously only required of people requesting citizenship). HEre is the Home Office info on it: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/newsarchive/citizenknowledge
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by VOR(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2007
anusule:

i would like to meet people with HSMP

Is it anything like HIV? undecided
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by ikamefa(f): 12:59am On Apr 12, 2007
VOR:

" grin "
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2007
VOR:

no meaning.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2007
@VOR

funny!!!!
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by omomoller(m): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2007
ENGLISH 1
HI,WOTZ UP.I NEED YOU TO ADVISE ME,I WANT TO COME OVER TO THE UK FOR VISITATION (6 MONTHS)AND THERE ABOUT GET A JOB MAKE SOME MONEY AND COME BACK TO NIGERIA B4 MY VISA EXPIRES.HOW FAST CAN I GET A CLEANING JOB OR JOBS. OR I DONT MIND IF YOU COULD CALL ME SO THAT WE COULD TALK 2348023399250.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by English1(f): 12:20am On May 08, 2007
omomoller - you can't work on a visitors visa. Even if you managed to get a cleaning job without proper papers, you won't earn enough to live here and save up money.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
I am on the HSMP visa for the fifth year. I ought to have qualified for indefinite leave in March 2007. Instead of the indefinite leave, i had to apply for extension for an additional year in fulfilment of the new legislation which extents the qualifying period from 4 to 5years retrospectively.
The law is been challenged in court, but homeoffice lawyers are using all sort of tactics to delay the hearing. The next date has been fixed for 17th December 2007, by which time the first set of applicants approved under the scheme would have reached the 5year limit.
If the ruling is favourable, i would be able to apply for indefinite leave immediately. For more information about this case visit www.vbsi.com.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
checkout hsmpforumltd.com
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
To correct my last post, the correct address is www.vbsi.org.uk. hsmpforumltd.com are in court for a related case and not the 4-5year qualifying period for extension.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2007
hi, did you appeal for yours or you just got it straight.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
Anusule,
I do not understand your question. Appeal? I was not refused an extension at any time, so the question of appeal does not arise.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
good. cool. just asking, im a dependant already above 18. will be seeking extension by 2009.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2007
did u make the 30000pounds mark?
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2007
Anusule,
You are a dependant over 18? angry Just like my daughter who just turned 18. Because of the unjust law, she has to pay £950 when we apply for indefinite leave. If this had happened last year before she turned 18, she would have been included on my application with one single fees. As things stand now, she has to make her own application with my supporting documents.
Furthermore, she is paying the £950 application fees. angry
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
Anusule,
as per your question regarding £30,000.00. I am self employed and have a limited liability company. Therefore applied as self employed.
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by anusule(m): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
cool
Re: Do You Have Hsmp? by trustboy: 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2007
Anusule,
I run a consultancy business. I am a Chartered Secretary by profession.

(1) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting A South African Visa With The Ecowas Passport? / Can Someone Put Me Through About This School And Us Admissions In General / If You've Ever Travelled From Umuahia To Calabar Come In Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.