Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:20 AM

Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries (641 Views)

Cynthia Nwala, Etche Legislative Assembly Leader Beaten & Stripped Unclad / Friday Eluro Arrested For Ordering Woman To Be Stripped Unclad In Delta. Photos / See How Atiku Was Mobbed In Kaduna During PDP Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by Crimecity: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
A female House of Assembly aspirant, Aida-Nath Ogwuche, has recounted how she was beaten and stripped naked during the primaries in Benue.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Aida-Nath Ogwuche, a female aspirant for Ogbadibo Constituency in Zone C for the Benue State House of Assembly on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has narrated how she was stripped n*ked during the primary election in her state.

Ogwuche, who spoke to NAN, said the election was marred by irregularities.
She accused her opponents of using thugs to intimidate and harrass her as well as her supporters during the September 29 election, alleging that they carried out the action because she is female.

Her words:

“Before we went into the stadium where the primary election took place, my agent, my coordinators and some key persons in my campaign team were threatened.

“Some thugs were looking for my agent Adolowu Lawani, while a few of them walked straight to the vice-chairman of my ward and the women leader and told them that they will chop off their fingers if they voted for me; they were threatened right there outside the stadium when they were on the queue.

“The thugs went as far as warning my campaign coordinator; I was standing with him but they never knew I was the lady aspirant. They even mentioned the name of the leader of their group, and said that he sent them to warn him, and at this point I began to fear for my life and everything.

“When we went inside, we discovered that the delegate list had been changed. The list that was used was not the original list sent from Abuja which they used for the governorship.

“Also, when it was the turn of Ogbadibo delegates cast their votes, I heard the leader of the party in the local government, Chris Adabba Abba, saying he was going to stand as the agent of my opponent and that everyone should not vote by themselves but hand the ballot to him to write on behalf of all.

At this point, I sensed the process had been hijacked, because, as our leader, he has undue influence on the delegates.
“To make good his plans, he (Abba) stood as the agent of my opponent and was snatching ballot papers from delegates to write the name of the aspirant who is his cousin.

And when my agent (Lawani) raised observation and confronted him, he threatened to slap him, and the whole situation became chaotic and the electoral officers threatened to suspend the process.

“I saw a large crowd gather against my agent and I got closer, I saw some boys hitting him and before I knew it, they pounced on me; they beat me up mercilessly, tore my clothes and stripped me n*ked in public right there in the stadium. They also punched my eyes and pulled my hair.

“This was what I faced. All these bullying, harassment and intimidation, just because some people feel more entitled to hold this position than myself. This is unacceptable. I’m calling on all authorities out there and good Nigerians to look into this situation. This cannot continue to go on; the ill-treatment against female folk must stop and this is where it stops.”

Read more
https://zenithnaija.com/female-aspirant-recounts-how-she-was-stripped-unclad-during-pdp-primaries/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by dallex10(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ehya
Re: Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by sekembaakesan(m): 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
Post the unclad pix first

Then we take the next step

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by Ever8054: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
sekembaakesan:
Post the unclad pix first

Then we take the next step

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by LuciferYaweh: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
If it continues this way, PDP will sweep Benue state come 2019.
Re: Lady Recounts How She Was Stripped Unclad During PDP Primaries by Heartbender: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
I lost sympathy and stopped reading when she said "because she is a female"....feminism has entered. When men were at war across the country in the various political parties, I didn't see or hear anyone play the gender card. I'm glad she didn't say they raped her. Perhaps when she defects to APC the vaseline crew may consider the needful grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbos Should Be Careful / Okorocha Drags IGP Idris, EFCC To Court, Demands N1bn / Imo Deputy Governor, Madumere, Is An Ex-convict, Documents Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.