Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,787 members, 7,889,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

‘buhari Appointed Me To Bring Peace, Development To Niger Delta’ - The Guardian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘buhari Appointed Me To Bring Peace, Development To Niger Delta’ - The Guardian (310 Views)

APC Confirms Buhari Appointed Dead Person, Gives Reason For Mistake / Man Allegedly Caught Having Sex With His Son In Delta; The Reactions From Some S / Reveaked: Why President Buhari Appointed Dead Men To Government Boards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘buhari Appointed Me To Bring Peace, Development To Niger Delta’ - The Guardian by FAUND: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
‘Buhari appointed me to bring peace, development to Niger Delta’

Professor Charles Quaker Dokubo was born in Abonnema, Akuku Toru Council of Rivers State, where he had his primary and secondary school education before proceeding to the University of Teesside, Middleborough, in the United Kingdom (UK) and a course in Modern History and Politics at the University of Bradford. He later obtained a Master’s degree in Peace Studies and doctorate in the same university. He was later appointed a temporary lecturer in the department before returning to Nigeria in 1993.

Dokubo was a Research Professor at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) in Lagos and has published extensively in his area of interest, authoring and editing various scholarly books and journal articles, including Nigeria’s Security Interest in Africa, Nuclear Proliferation and the Probability of Nuclear War: The Effectiveness of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Regime and recently, The Defence Policy of Nigeria: Capability and Contest.

The Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Dokubo spoke to IGHO AKEREGHA, Head, Northern Region and SEGUN OLANIYI in Abuja on his task to reposition the Amnesty Office and bring succour to ex-militants and the oil-rich region, as well as on the controversies, challenges, beneficiaries as foreign students, insisting he wants to be remembered as a son of the Niger Delta who ran a transparent and accountable regime that brought development to the region.
What do you want to be remembered for as head of the amnesty office?

I want people to remember that there was a man who tried to fix this programme, who tried to give it a new focus, to re-energise the people of the Niger Delta, make them realise that their benefits will be given to them and make them hopeful to attain the heights they have set for themselves, so that at the end, everybody will say there was a Charles Dokubo.

The Guardian, Saturday Magazine

https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/buhari-appointed-me-to-bring-peace-development-to-niger-delta/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Watch How Team Doctors Separates Conjoined Twins In Abuja Teaching Hospital / Easy Way To Borrow Money, Loan For Business Made Easier. / Breaking News: OPC National Leader, Frederick Fasehun is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.