Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos (34945 Views)

Scene Of The Clash Between Security Men And Shiite Members In Abuja (Photos) / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos / Saloon Car Found In Jos Pond As Army Reveals Next Line Of Action. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by IkemChris(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2018
We are blinded by religion,culture and doctrines in this country. We can never grow with our mindset. What a pity

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by khalhokage(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2018
"There's a reason why you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people." -William Adama,

Nigeria sorry, what happened to the police being responsible for quelling uprising within national borders?
what happened to subduing violence with non-lethal means?

7 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Sterope(f): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2018
Do you think killing them will stop them?

TonyeBarcanista:
Shia's have been having violent conflict with all administration since IBB save Abdulsallam.

NB: I used to sympathise with them but from what was witnessed yesterday, I can't help but agree with the way the military is handling them.

1 Like

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by PastorAji(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2018
adedayoa2:
I will not insult you but lemme explain, these people (Shiites) were attacking vehicles, breaking screens, were not allowing movement, it was a lock down, I wish I can send you videos, I can't go to work today due to swollen legs, I am heavily pregnant and I had to run for my life and that of my unborn child. Now who's talking like an illiterate? That's why I said if you were not there don't speak. Riot ko, riot ni, those military men were not even much, and they didn't respond to those Shiites on time, a military barracks is close to the scene but they didn't leave the barracks until the Shiites started attacking vehicles.
people are blaming the army....
Do we have anti-riot policemen? Some students slept in school (the school is around Karu) yesterday because of those Shi'a guys.... The best solution let them release Zaky El-Zakky and extradite him to Iran

1 Like

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by obonujoker(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Shia's have been having violent conflict with all administration since IBB save Abdulsallam.

NB: I used to sympathise with them but from what was witnessed yesterday, I can't help but agree with the way the military is handling them.

How was Osinbanjo able to handle the militants in the ND when Buhari wasn't around
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by adedayoa2(f): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
PastorAji:
people are blaming the army....
Do we have anti-riot policemen? Some students slept in school (the school is around Karu) yesterday because of those Shi'a guys.... The best solution let them release Zaky El-Zakky and extradite him to Iran
that's just it, release the man. The army only did their job by protecting the lives of the citizens. I'm really proud of the them because they handled the situation well.

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by kraftysprouts: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
baliyubla:

You sound like an illiterate. Tear gas, rubber bullets, pepper sprays, batons, whips, water cannons, tasers and dogs are all used for riot control, no where in the world are live bullets used except in Buhari's Nigeria. If you support these killings, then you might just be a prospective terrorist.

You think they have these you mentioned?
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Krak(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Splasshhh(f): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
grin
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by safariman(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2018
While on their business and on a well travel road, the Army should have brought stones and catapult as well.
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by henrybomb(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2018
adedayoa2:
I will not insult you but lemme explain, these people (Shiites) were attacking vehicles, breaking screens, were not allowing movement, it was a lock down, I wish I can send you videos, I can't go to work today due to swollen legs, I am heavily pregnant and I had to run for my life and that of my unborn child. Now who's talking like an illiterate? That's why I said if you were not there don't speak. Riot ko, riot ni, those military men were not even much, and they didn't respond to those Shiites on time, a military barracks is close to the scene but they didn't leave the barracks until the Shiites started attacking vehicles.
Sorry about your leg, I still don't understand why people should insult someone because they want to make a point.
The shiites can protest without getting too violent about it, we are not supporting what the army did but the approach of the shiites should be at minimal
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by kraftysprouts: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2018
adedayoa2:

Congratulations and wishing you safe delivery
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by efilefun(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2018
vickylincon:
Hmmmmmm, someone said these Shiites are extremist if you know what I mean. It would have been nice if it was police that deals with them though cos police is for civil matters, and they can use tear gas or rubber bullet. Army on the other hand don't have such, what army have is live bullet and that's their only weapon. If you attack the army, you are bound to be treated as a criminal. Having said that, killing citizens for any reason is not really good. It's a crime, I would love to hear from Abuja residents if they support the military it shitts. Like for shittes, share for military
Same police they stoned to death the last time they protested

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by PastorAji(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2018
adedayoa2:
that's just it, release the man. The army only did their job by protecting the lives of the citizens. I'm really proud of the them because they handled the situation well.
asokale ayo ooo wink
I'm @ Samkings Karu
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by thunder74(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

They did not start this way. Remember when their leader and wife were arrested they were only protesting with women and children until the government became brutal and still refused to release their leader despite the court orders.
Now they are carrying catapults and soon they may be wielding dangerous weapons.
Why is it difficult to release their leader? Whatever you permit will increase. Another boko haram in making.

3 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by henrybomb(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2018
dainformant:
Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria on Monday clashed with soldiers and policemen in Nyanya area of the Federal Capital Territory, the second time in two days. 

The sect, which members came out in their thousands for the procession, clashed again with security operatives when the army attempted to stop them from accessing the city-centre. The ensuing fracas led to the security operatives opening fire on the group along Nyanya, an outskirt of the FCT, killing many of the Shiite Members and injuring many others. 

The Nigerian army has issued a press statement on the clash. Read below;

"Troops of the Nigerian Army deployed on routine duty at Kugbo/ Karu bridge checkpoint of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) were attacked by the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) sect at about 3:00pm on 29th October 2018".

"The sect in massive numbers forced their way into the troops checkpoint after over running the Police Force. The Police withrew back to own troops position to join efforts to repel them. They fired weapons at own troops, throwing bottle cannisters with fuel, large stones, catapults with dangerous objects and other dangerous items at troops causing bodily harm and stopping motorist movement, breaking their windscreen and causing heavy traffic".

"However, Troops repelled the attack in conjunction with the Nigerian Police Force to stop the situation from further deteriorating. 
Unfortunately, during the encounter 3 members of the sect were killed while 4 soldiers sustained various degrees of injuries and are being treated at a military medical facility".

"Meanwhile, the situation has been brought under control and normalcy restored in the general area and there is free flow of traffic".

"Members of the public living within Abuja and environs are enjoined to go about their normal activities without fear of molestation. The Nigerian Army will not deter in carrying out its constitutional roles and also safeguarding law abiding citizens".

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/army-reveals-why-shiite-muslims-were-attacked-again-in-abuja-photos.html
If the shiites went with all this, then they weren't protesting rather they went to fight
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2018
the funny thing is that Nigeria negoitates with Boko Haram and Niger De;ltra Militia while killing unarmed citizens like IPOB and Shites.
This babarity has no place in the new age,

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by neonly: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2018
Omeokachie:
Catapult vs AK47

I thought I was d only thinking about it

1 Like

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by PHILipu1(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2018
ContentedK:
Lies from pit of zoo army
A Biafra supporting some Islamist because they both have one common enemy in the person of Buhari
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Sikiratu: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2018
Omeokachie:
Catapult vs AK47

Like seriously............. !!!!!!!
Only in Nigeria undecided
Omeokachie:
Catapult vs AK47

Like seriously............. !!!!!!!
Only in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by thunder74(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2018
henrybomb:

If the shiites went with all this, then they weren't protesting rather they went to fight
An average northerner iadds either knife or catapult to his daily dress outfit. It is normal.

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by enemyofprogress: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2018
For every killing/crisis in the world there is Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by funlolah: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2018
so are you saying they should give them the chance to always demonstrate, this pple are so voilent incase you dont know
baliyubla:
Nigeria under the dullard too mumu. See them justifying the killing of its citizens by snapping pictures of catapults, a locally made gun and one fat soldier allegedly stoned.

Under the dullard Nigerians don't have a right to protest, as live rounds are sprayed for fun on citizens. NLC should just be careful today, as the Lifeless might just be sending his boys scout on another round of mass murder.

1 Like

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Nyamuriflathead: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2018
adedayoa2:
are you ok? If you did not witness this don't say anything Abeg.

you're pathetic!!! better get firsthand information about the sad turnout of event that resulted in the shooting of unarmed protesters before spewing trash online.

2 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Bluffly: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Shias have been doing these procession for ages why is it under Buhari that it has suddenly become rocket science and blood must flow ...its shows Buhari is the problem and not the shias ...This is how tyrants behave now it's the shias and when he is done with them next it might be the turn of Catholic processions
If they have allowed the Chief of Army Staff to pass, things wouldn't have deteriorated. Its like president coming and some groups says he can't pass, over what. That is a security threat.
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by efilefun(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2018
baliyubla:

You sound like an illiterate. Tear gas, rubber bullets, pepper sprays, batons, whips, water cannons, tasers and dogs are all used for riot control, no where in the world are live bullets used except in Buhari's Nigeria. If you support these killings, then you might just be a prospective terrorist.
Does those things listed above sound like what you will find with an army or police man Last time policemen tried calming these animals we all saw how they stoned policemen to death or were to blind to that or you forgot the officers are humans also.

https://twitter.com/de_kelvino_guy/status/1056842550152171520?s=19
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by bot101(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2018
ehie:
the funny thing is that Nigeria negoitates with Boko Haram and Niger De;ltra Militia while killing unarmed citizens like IPOB and Shites.
This babarity has no place in the new age,

I commented on a topic yesterday, telling the OP that if you aren't violent in this country, nobody would listen to you, but they thought I was lying. Once the Shia carry proper weapons, the FG would be the first to call them to the negotiation table. Simple and short.

3 Likes

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by OhiOfIhima: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2018
baliyubla:

That is where I have fuse wit Nigeria security agency... Live bullet shouldn't be used for any protect.. I knw dis Shiite are troublesome in soul..

1 Like

Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by efilefun(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2018
Omeokachie:
Catapult vs AK47
Same catapult they used in killing policemen.

https://twitter.com/de_kelvino_guy/status/1056842550152171520?s=19
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by lastempero: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2018
This shiite stuff will be more deadly than Boko Haram if not handled properly. I advice the FG to use the carrot and stick approach in solving this problem.
Re: Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos by Nyamuriflathead: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2018
henrybomb:

its preposterous that the Nigerian army could shamefully resort into propagating falsehood after trying to dismiss unarmed protesters exhibiting their rights wit firearms. I watched the procession on TV, the protest went peacefully until the Nigerian army attempted to dismiss their protest when they marched towards a checkpoint. this is an act of injustice and impunity that should be condemned by all. the army erred

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Rotimi Amaechi And Abdulsalami Abubakar Laughing And Playing (Photo) / Corper Timinipre Isaac Indiamaowei Erects Statue Of Governor Wike In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.